2019-02-15 [DMFA #1903] - Consider it a challenge

Started by Tapewolf, February 15, 2019, 06:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I do have to question Dan's thought processes here... just the fact that Hizell has been previously active in Lost Lake is enough to delay him leaving.  And now he wants to bring himself to Hizell's attention?  He'd end up like Mink, stuck there until the wards fail and they get squished by Hizell.  (While we know there are plans afoot to take down Hizell, Dan does not).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

I wonder why Aary's objection is to Dan not dying 'properly'...

HaDDea

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 15, 2019, 09:50:19 AM

Probably because with a "plan" like that (despite the heavy warnings), she feels Dan will be too dumb to actually die should he act on it.
starts humming "Dumb Ways to Die"

I chuckled at Ary's statement.  :giggle

Worried about how Mink is holding up now - though it is cool that we got confirmation that the creature working at the hospital is indeed Mink's dad.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: HaDDea on February 15, 2019, 11:03:27 AM

Ah, the fine people at Metro. I wonder if Merlin's heard that tune...

Dracologist

What do you guys think?  I'm starting to believe that the reason Able has been so reluctant with guests is because Mabs doesn't want to draw him all battle wounded.  Lol, just kidding.

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 15, 2019, 06:38:04 AM
just the fact that Hizell has been previously active in Lost Lake is enough to delay him leaving.  And now he wants to bring himself to Hizell's attention?
I'm sure he'd wear a disguise.  :rolleyes

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on February 16, 2019, 01:12:15 AM
I'm sure he'd wear a disguise.  :rolleyes

True, but it's not that simple.  Dan's not yet a full shapeshifter, so besides hiding his wings it'll have to be a more conventional form of disguise.
If it's a good enough disguise to fool a top-tier dragon with a million or so years of experience in dealing with less races, it's going to fool Abel as well, in which case he'll have to identify himself and that will leave trails for Hizell to pick up.  Dan's name alone will allow Hizell's agents to discover that there's been someone with Destania-blue wings kicking around Lost Lake.
For that matter, we don't know what Hizell's scrying mechanism actually does.  It might just be a remote image viewing, but it might also be hyperspectral or be able to visualise magic, which would make magical disguises stick out like a sore them (even the BoB could detect the fact that Dan had been transformed into Alexsi, although they misinterpreted its significance).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu

Quote from: HaDDea on February 15, 2019, 11:03:27 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 15, 2019, 09:50:19 AM

Probably because with a "plan" like that (despite the heavy warnings), she feels Dan will be too dumb to actually die should he act on it.

I chuckled at Ary's statement.  :giggle
A facepalm-death takes away from the full schadenfreude experience.