2019-01-10 [Key 3] Running interference

Started by ProfesseurRenard, January 09, 2019, 12:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfesseurRenard

The dogs on this page look like Dobermanns, which I suppose makes sense, given their use as guard dogs. I wonder, do other homes in LaRaGa use the equivalent of Bull terriers or Alsatians? Heck, I'd even take a Blue heeler.

Tapewolf

I just hope their ears were cropped with change magic, rather than the traditional way...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2019, 12:21:26 PM
I just hope their ears were cropped with change magic, rather than the traditional way...

That does sound less painful...

The change magic, I mean.

Puyon

Hmm. Maybe dogs in this world just have ears that are shaped that way? Since change magic is a thing, maybe people in LaRaGa didn't do a lot of the... uh... fairly questionable things people in our world have done to dogs to make certain breeds a thing.

I mean. Pugs apparently exist enough that a Mimic can randomly obtain a pug form: http://dhscomix.com/fcomics/fcomic.php?p=04

I bet change mages like. Waaaay back. Saw some wolves and were like "hey, I bet I can change that thing to be smaller, docile, and my best freaking friend". Zap. Now they got dogs.
"Hey can you make my dog optimal for snowy conditions?" Boom. Dude just made a husky.
"Hey can you make my dog small and long so it can burrow through rabbit dens?" Boom. Dude makes a wiener dog.
"Hey, can you make my dog super cute and stubby? No reason, I just want it to look that way" Boom. We got Corgis.
...By Puyon

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Puyon on January 10, 2019, 01:09:27 AM
"Hey can you make my dog small and long so it can burrow through rabbit dens?" Boom. Dude makes a wiener dog.

Heh, I'm sure going down a rabbit hole is possible for a wiener dog (or to use their proper name, dachshund), but they were actually bred to go down badger setts, hence the name: dach, badger; and hund, dog.