2019/01/10 [RE 62.11] - Into The Light

Started by Tapewolf, January 10, 2019, 06:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well done, Loki!  I hope that doesn't bite her in the ass any more than life has already been doing.  I'm not sure it's likely to improve the tensions with the dark powers in the school, mind.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Man, the Kiborns in the afterlife watching this are probably going ham with excitement. I wonder how Tella feels, knowing Loki has finally become a Light Power?

Despite hints dropped about Loki's fate by Danni in both NG+ and DF... I really hope Loki survives the Kiborn Curse.
...By Puyon

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2019, 06:50:10 AM
Well done, Loki!  I hope that doesn't bite her in the ass any more than life has already been doing.  I'm not sure it's likely to improve the tensions with the dark powers in the school, mind.

Heh, I can see Mort in particular becoming her archenemy.

ZacAttac21

I'm proud of Loki, but I'm kind of disappointed as well. I mean, who chooses Flashy-Sparkly magic over the ability to shoot Motherfreakin' Fireballs!?  :|

Puyon

Quote from: CubiKitsune on January 10, 2019, 06:15:51 PM
I'm proud of Loki, but I'm kind of disappointed as well. I mean, who chooses Flashy-Sparkly magic over the ability to shoot Motherfreakin' Fireballs!?  :|

I mean, I'm sure light magic is perfectly capable of lighting things on fire. But also being a Light Power doesn't make her incapable of shooting fireballs. Loki is just mad OP now.
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

Quote from: Puyon on January 10, 2019, 08:30:48 AM
Despite hints dropped about Loki's fate by Danni in both NG+ and DF... I really hope Loki survives the Kiborn Curse.

Well, Jinx in NG+ suggests strongly she's not killed by the Kiborn curse... and of course the original NG, which I understand in this one instance is quasi-canon, suggests Orianna poaches her wife.

So, deadpool on the last Kiborn!  We know it's a trickster.  I doubt it's Azure, only because that feels a bit uncomfortably "evil lesbian."  I doubt it's Jinx, Drake, or Peony... I'll take Puyon's word it's not her... is this maybe the twist ending of Key?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

Quote from: Lying Foo on January 11, 2019, 01:35:17 AM
Quote from: Puyon on January 10, 2019, 08:30:48 AM

Well, Jinx in NG+ suggests strongly she's not killed by the Kiborn curse...

I'm pretty sure in that scene, Jinx was trying to trick Alistair into no longer persuing Dark's group by suggesting he would die by a trickster's hand (this premonition being wrong since Ada got the last hit).

What I was referencing was much earlier, Danni references that a few kids died while she was there: http://dhscomix.com/pcomics/pcomic.php?p=83

Which could include Claw, who has now officially died once on DHS grounds... and I've been pretty convinced that Loki would be another one. But now I'm not so sure as in Darkness Falls, Danni once again drops a reference to someone dying at DHS: http://dhscomix.com/dfcomics/dfcomic.php?p=08

and while the description matches Loki; a girl who was cursed by dark magic, Mez immediately waves it off by saying Danni was misrepresenting things: http://dhscomix.com/dfcomics/dfcomic.php?p=09

Loki's name is not mentioned on either occasion, which could just be Merlin dancing around spoilers... but somehow... I think there's a chance that Loki survives somehow. That her "death" is a temporary one. Somehow. God who knows.

For years I didn't ever think Loki was going to be a Light Power, even when I threw Nova into the mix, as I thought her inability to be a Light Power would be crucial to her fate and yet... here we are.
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

It seems to me "dark magic curse... though she did die" would be something of a misrepresentation if she were killed by something else, as she was.

In pretty much all fiction, these supernatural tricksters (...so to speak... but also literally) don't directly lie.  If Satan tells you someone was killed by an accountant, they were killed by an accountant.  Maybe by accident, maybe indirectly, maybe on their deathbed, but that's what happened.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Merlin

how mean can I be.....

oh drop random spoilers you say

there's 2 living kiborns

Lying Foo