2018-12-14 [DMFA 1887] - The drawbacks of power

Started by Tapewolf, December 14, 2018, 04:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Hard to say whether B is about to choose a boon, or whether it has been left pending.  Sometimes I've wondered if one of Mab's special friends is someone we've never even heard of or seen because they're lording it over a kingdom somewhere else on the planet...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

Puyon

I think Biggs used his boon to ask Mab to help him change the order of power in the world.

The only reason I can see Mab being so fixated on this plan is if she was required to do so for a Boon. It's why she's so involved and why she's such a driving force in this plot.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on December 14, 2018, 01:44:06 PM
I think Biggs used his boon to ask Mab to help him change the order of power in the world.

The only reason I can see Mab being so fixated on this plan is if she was required to do so for a Boon. It's why she's so involved and why she's such a driving force in this plot.

That's possible, but I'm not convinced that's the reason Mab acts this way.  I think it's more likely she's using her friends as tools to achieve a goal, although she does seem to have some affection for them at the same time.  From the conversations with Albanion and Rose it sounds more like this is the latest in a series of attempts to make things better:

http://dmfa.katbox.net/comic/1029-seriously-dont-let-your-friends-become-zombies/
http://dmfa.katbox.net/comic/1035-foreshadowing-as-subtle-as-a-steamroller/

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

My power is the worst power of all...

I have the power to produce limitless quantities of urine.

It's like... the worst power...  You can't even imagine.  AND I CAN'T SHUT IT OFF!!   :<

;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Dracologist

Well, somewhere this flashback leads to Biggs ruling over the Twinks right?  Don't remember too much about that plot line from so many years ago, but there you have it.

If I were Biggs I'd take her up on her offer.  "Screw this I'm burdened by unlimited and timeless power, bs.  I wish to have power equal to yours.  We'll see how tough your job really is."  But I'm the selfish sort.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Alondro on December 14, 2018, 02:59:38 PM

It's like... the worst power...  You can't even imagine.  AND I CAN'T SHUT IT OFF!!   :<

;)

I used to have this power. Then I was diagnosed with diabetes  :<

Dishonored

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on December 14, 2018, 04:40:42 PM
Quote from: Alondro on December 14, 2018, 02:59:38 PM

;)

I used to have this power. Then I was diagnosed with diabetes  :<

Same. And Invokana makes it five times worse.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Akisohida

So..It makes me wonder..If Mab is not happy being a Fae..

1) Did she set her 'not know everything' limits AFTER she started her plans? Because here it looks like she's more of Other Mab instead of Carefree Mab.

2) If she is not happy as a Fae..what if her plans include removing the Fae as well? I mean, if she finds the limitless power a burden, what's stopping her form deciding ALL Fae are burdened? Or need to be brought down a peg?

What if shaking up The System in the Being's favor includes removing ALL Creatures, Fae included?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Megadrak

Wooh, just registered to write this (hi everyone):

I really liked this comic. It shows the old Biggs and how he turned into the current one, and it also confirms he might not just be a rich and asshole-y guy he sometimes seems to be. He has his reasons, his visions, and seems like a cool guy.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Akisohida on December 17, 2018, 01:09:50 AMWhat if shaking up The System in the Being's favor includes removing ALL Creatures, Fae included?
Fae are multiversal, so Mab could* remove the Fae from Furrae without much more consequence to them than maybe inconveniencing-to-annoying the ones who also have personal stakes there.

*assuming they either agree to it or she can convince Nutmeg to make it a Royal Decree
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!