2018/10/22 [RE 60.23] Quick Rez

Started by ZacAttac21, October 22, 2018, 03:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

...Wait... Seriously?? Even P. Talon doesn't know what the real Phoenix looks like? Is Phoenix really that reclusive?

...Unless he's playing along with the bluff...

Dangit, now I'm confused. :B

Tapewolf

I was never quite sure why "I'm an immortal servant of Phoenix" is not impressive enough on its own...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2018, 04:04:09 PM
I was never quite sure why "I'm an immortal servant of Phoenix" is not impressive enough on its own...

Have you been watching the Clanners? I certainly don't take them seriously. xD

Puyon

Quote from: CubiKitsune on October 22, 2018, 06:42:25 PM
Have you been watching the Clanners? I certainly don't take them seriously. xD

I don't think most people interpret Clanners as the goobers they seem to act like, but they're definitely dangerous... I bet if your first words with Ceraph Talon aren't praise and worship, he'd suspect you of heresy already. And to most normal people "servant of the most powerful trio of Magic Gods" is hella impressive.

Claw avoided advertising it though just to keep her family away from the school and Paige... which we haven't seen much of the Phoenix Clan outside of Talon, Claw, and that flashback in... what... Volume 4? And her siblings in Volume 2? They... really can't be as bad as the Ceraph Clanners though, right?
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

I'm sure I've asked this before and been shot down, but are we 100% sure Claw isn't Phoenix?  Maybe that's why his clanners haven't heard from him in so long...

(I know Merlin planned to have him contact her at one point, but that's not totally incompatible, is it?)
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

Quote from: Lying Foo on October 23, 2018, 04:44:48 AM
I'm sure I've asked this before and been shot down, but are we 100% sure Claw isn't Phoenix?  Maybe that's why his clanners haven't heard from him in so long...
Stiiiiill think it's unlikely but it's fun to wonder how Phoenix would do that. Each clan has a Claw, so it's not like he just inserted himself in there. Or just sorta... zapped his full conscience into her?

Quote(I know Merlin planned to have him contact her at one point, but that's not totally incompatible, is it?)
I guess she could technically talk with him in some sorta dream-like mindscape sorta thing if they're somehow the same person.
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

Quote from: Puyon on October 23, 2018, 11:13:02 PM
Stiiiiill think it's unlikely but it's fun to wonder how Phoenix would do that. Each clan has a Claw, so it's not like he just inserted himself in there. Or just sorta... zapped his full conscience into her?

Hey, if the other clanners believe it (at least Ceraph Claw), it must be at least possible.  Do the gods ever "retire" their immortals?  Considering even Birdbrains is due to be replaced - and the ones we have don't seem as bright as you'd expect if they'd been at this millennia... (I mean, even "Travis" seems to have borrowed a cup of competence since his youth).
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on October 24, 2018, 05:32:03 AM
Hey, if the other clanners believe it (at least Ceraph Claw), it must be at least possible.  Do the gods ever "retire" their immortals?  Considering even Birdbrains is due to be replaced - and the ones we have don't seem as bright as you'd expect if they'd been at this millennia... (I mean, even "Travis" seems to have borrowed a cup of competence since his youth).

Supposedly they reboot every century or so, which is why claw is all confused and naive, because she's forgotten everything.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Huh. Is it every century? I can't find anyone saying that for sure, only that they get reset properly "sometimes".
...By Puyon