2018-09-10 [DMFA #1866] - Back into hiding

Started by Tapewolf, September 10, 2018, 05:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Even if Abel isn't accepting visitors, they should probably send him a message.  Presumably they've already sent some kind of card.
As for 'The leader of the Twink Territories', that's an odd way to put it.  Makes me wonder if it's actually Biggs or Biggstania.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

killpurakat

I can't remember if Lorenda knows Biggs as anything other than Wildy's brother and the Twink leader. She may actually not know his name, hence just saying the Twink Leader stopped by.

Good excuse as any to reread the archives! :3

killpurakat

Huh. So, I didn't realize how old THIS little hint really was... (probably been pointed out already)
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_078.php

But, the reason I dug through the archive! Here's the one instance of Lorenda meeting Biggs in the comic, and she only acknowledged he was related to Wildy. No names or referencing that she used to work at Twink Territories.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_432.php

WhyNot?

Quote from: killpurakat on September 10, 2018, 06:55:30 PM
I can't remember if Lorenda knows Biggs as anything other than Wildy's brother and the Twink leader. She may actually not know his name, hence just saying the Twink Leader stopped by.

Well, she knows a Biggs is responsible for regularly trying to screw with Aliph's resurrections. It is possible that she doesn't know they're one and the same, but I think it's more likely she doesn't know how well Jy knows Biggs. Saying the CEO of someplace called instead of John called makes sense if you think they only know each other in a business sense after all.

All that aside, when Biggs first mentioned he was going to visit Jy after he'd had time to register everything, I was wondering how his and Lore's meeting would go given their only previous onscreen interaction was her threatening to eat him if he didn't hand over money. Probably with her feeling more awkward about it than he does, given the direction both she and the DMFA world in general have gone since then.

Tuyu

Jyrras should get dressed, leave a note for Lorenda, climb out a window, and go camp out at the hospital until Abel agrees to see him. No one will think to look for him there. :)

Dracologist

Huh... Does Amber have trouble drawing chubby girls from the side?  Lorenda's proportions change instantly from one frame to the next.  Secondly, was she hired on as his secretary or what?  I know they're friends, but she's doing a lot of secretarial stuff by monitoring family phone calls and informing him of appointments.  She's really giving off a "secondary character" vibe right now.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Dracologist on September 17, 2018, 02:33:53 PM
Huh... Does Amber have trouble drawing chubby girls from the side?  Lorenda's proportions change instantly from one frame to the next.  Secondly, was she hired on as his secretary or what?  I know they're friends, but she's doing a lot of secretarial stuff by monitoring family phone calls and informing him of appointments.  She's really giving off a "secondary character" vibe right now.
With Jy in seclusion, Deebs and Macy being secret, and Chicki's speech impediment, Lo is the only person who can answer calls, and most likely to answer the door.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Hoodoo

It is for certain now - the Roo Rat's ears are much less fluffy than they used to be! Amber, whyyyyyyy.

Amber Williams

I blame the fact I've been sick dying for a week so getting back on the wagon means things aren't going to be 100% tip top shape art-wise.

Hoodoo

That is fine! Get well soon so that the glorious floof may return <3

keybounce

His ears have always been changing.

Don't worry, as long as they are not building-shattering size, we're fine.

Tuyu

Quote from: Hoodoo on September 18, 2018, 01:08:04 PM
It is for certain now - the Roo Rat's ears are much less fluffy than they used to be! Amber, whyyyyyyy.
Mab got tired of making them bigger and fluffier?

Maybe next she'll make him shorter.

Dracologist

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 18, 2018, 01:10:44 PM
I blame the fact I've been sick dying for a week so getting back on the wagon means things aren't going to be 100% tip top shape art-wise.

Oh, I'm not trying to criticize you or anything.  I just happen to know that sometimes artists have their more difficult aspects that they have trouble drawing.  For some it's hands, for others it's feet or legs, for even others it might be certain body shapes at certain angles.  There's nothing wrong with that.  All artists have their difficulties.