2018-07-09 [DMFA#1851] Let's get this party finished

Started by MT Hazard, July 09, 2018, 06:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Yep, time to leave before someone does something stupid. I can see Dan taking the "controlling your emotions in difficult circumstances" class after this, otherwise known as "How to avoid losing your head (it's a pun folks!)"
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Rafe

Dimanika is turning into Dan in the last panel. I wonder who's causing that?
Rafe

Hoodoo

It seems she's copying people's outfits this time, rather than their face. She's copying the spider woman's outfit in the beginning.

That said, I will never, ever get tired of seeing Dan make stupid faces like in the third panel. It's like the mana of heaven.

Jasonrevall

I really love how this page looks. The cute little versions of the outfits Dimanika has on, Dan's face when he's turning around and how pretty his hair is, and I love the design of that cameo character she's so cute!
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tuyu

Quote from: Rafe on July 09, 2018, 02:29:30 PM
Dimanika is turning into Dan in the last panel. I wonder who's causing that?
Hopefully it's just "copy who you're with." Not "planning to pose as Dan and talk to Regina."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tuyu on July 11, 2018, 01:41:31 AM
Hopefully it's just "copy who you're with." Not "planning to pose as Dan and talk to Regina."

Well, she turns into someone that someone looking at her is thinking about, right? So... who might be thinking about Dan?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nightmask

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 11, 2018, 01:49:39 AM
Quote from: Tuyu on July 11, 2018, 01:41:31 AM

Well, she turns into someone that someone looking at her is thinking about, right? So... who might be thinking about Dan?

That uncontrollable ability of hers works on everyone within range simultaneously, it doesn't make it so person X sees her like person Y sees her it makes her look like each individual's thought at the same time (we see that with Dan's first meeting with her, Dan clears the image of his mother so he sees her, Mink comes up and thinks there are two Dans while Dan still sees her as herself and not looking like himself).  At the moment she seems to simply be mimicking the clothing of whoever she's leaning towards which may or may not be under her control.

The One Guy

Come to think of it, why is no one having any trouble telling who Dimanika is during this party.  She has no control over this power, and yet everyone so far seems to see her as herself.  Even in this strip, you'd think Dan would see her as Regina or something.

Nightmask

Quote from: The One Guy on July 11, 2018, 08:42:49 PM
Come to think of it, why is no one having any trouble telling who Dimanika is during this party.  She has no control over this power, and yet everyone so far seems to see her as herself.  Even in this strip, you'd think Dan would see her as Regina or something.

All the 'close your eyes and blank your mind and who do you see?' stuff occurred off-panel so as not to clutter up the comic with all that extra unnecessary material, plus there are going to be people resistant or immune to that power of hers (like Piflak) and those who were expecting to see her so naturally saw her.  Once you know the trick to seeing her it's probably really easy to see through her confusion power.