9/22/06 Clothing mandatory

Started by Netami, September 21, 2006, 08:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

I can't believe no one has seen it yet.  You guys have been dancing around the truth for days now.  Well, here it is.

Abel and Pyroduck's past has already been partially revealed.  Pyroduck and Abel had a very serious run-in centuries ago.  At the time, Pyroduck was in a very dark mood, and had gone so far as to kill several dozen beings.  He finally attacked the trio of Abel, Devin and Xander.  Abel, seeing the blood of the first two passed out, and was taken for dead.  Having survived this, he has been searching for Pyroduck ever since.

Pyroduck was captured by one of Dan's ancestors, and kept in a secret location, abandoning his dragon-form, for generations.  Dan and Alexsi somehow convinced him to abandon killing and released him, under the threat that, should he ever misbehave, he would have to face Alexsi's wrath.
Rafe

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  Well, only problem is those dead beings weren't squashed or mangled beyond recognition.  The wounds looked far too small to have been inflicted by a dragon of Pyro's size.  And he'd probably have eaten them if he'd killed them.

*Charles*  AH-HA!!!  So Pyro is an evil being-eater!  *drags out the swords and spears*

*Charline face-palms*  I said 'if'! 

*Charles oh... glumly puts the weapons away again*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Brunhidden

does anybody else feel that the phrase "nibbled to death by ducks" shall have new meaning now?

QuoteI remember not more then a year ago i was running for my life from bounty hunters, bandits, trolls.....and now this, id rather have the trolls back
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Zedd

Weleho Rogan

hmm didn't dragons dislike the taste of human flesh?

Boog

Quote from: Alondro on September 23, 2006, 01:15:50 AM
*Charline smirks*  Well, only problem is those dead beings weren't squashed or mangled beyond recognition.  The wounds looked far too small to have been inflicted by a dragon of Pyro's size.  And he'd probably have eaten them if he'd killed them.
He could have stayed in puny-mode while he did it, or perhaps it was a precision job. There was a lot of blood and stuff; they looked mangled enough to me. Keep in mind that in dragon shape he could still fit in the basement.

Weleho Rogan

we can't know if he's even bigger in his actual size, afterall, dragons are extremely powerful race, so altering their own size and using magic with pin-point accuracy shouldn't be a problem for the strongest ones. Although some dragon races seem to be so damn stupid it feels like just looking at them kills your braincells   :rolleyes
unless they are like humans- no races, only very different single creatures..  but with such a long history behind them, it would seem logical for them to have races. But they live a solitary life.. sooo that'd mean they prolly don't have races.
Also, even as long as the dragon history may be, they might have existed only for a few generations, considering no-one save for dragons knows how long they live  :)

And I really hope it's something else that freaked Abel out, not the fact they've met earlier on.

What if Pyro has some psychic powers and Abel just felt someone very powerful in the room, deciding to back off for now. Before he was ready to make his move, Pyro came asking him to transform into a lady /to teach Dan do it.

Manawolf

Quote from: Weleho Rogan on September 23, 2006, 04:26:48 AM
hmm didn't dragons dislike the taste of human flesh?

Maybe not after a good pickling in swamp water or cooked over an open volcano.

Weleho Rogan

yep I noticed I had borrowed this trivia from another fantasy setting (Dark lord of Derkholm by Diana Wynne Jones) :)

Zedd

As if I rember...Dragons love sheep!

thegayhare

Quote from: Zedd on September 23, 2006, 12:36:42 PM
As if I rember...Dragons love sheep!
Whichbrings up some other images

Aridas

Images which you don't have to make apparent every damn time someone says something.

Weleho Rogan

just shut up shut up  :< dragons have always been my favvy fantasy creatures, I don't want their reputation turn upside down just like what happened to navy, indians, bleaschmannn.. and this is a harsh version of it  xD

but yeah, I think pretty much every predator prefers sheep cow and pig meat over human meat, as humans have a lot of weird tasting chemicals inside them, plus I heard that humans are one of the filthiest mammal race there is  :P

thegayhare

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 23, 2006, 12:49:25 PM
Images which you don't have to make apparent every damn time someone says something.

Well whats wrong with dragons loving sheep?

I can picture quite a lovely courtship bewtween them.

I mean I know a rabbit who married a wolf nothing wrong there

Aridas

I know, but think of the stigma attached. It's terrible to one's image... That stuff's gotta be kept down, no?

Rowne

I'm still waiting to see just one hippie Dragon personally.  An anarchist Dragon that fights for people's rights and stands up for the little people who can't stand up as much as them because they're not quite as tall.  The kind of Dragon who'd do his bit for any community and help out people in need.

Sort of like a Dragon Kevin Sorbo, then.

I just think that Dragons are conditioned whilst young in order to not think like that, so they actually can't think like that.  There're no real exceptions and it's a shame.  Pyro might be an exception, he might be a rebel!  Then again, he might not be, one never knows.

Still, I can dream.  I like conception breakers.

Aridas

Well, we know two things about dragons and Pyro that you guys in particular probably should've caught on before:

a) They flaunt what they've got
b) They're cheeeeeeeaters!

ShiningShadow

I think Pyro is a cool Dragon and he could do things we at DMFA cannot do. So who we have the right to judge Pyro. But until we get the full story about it. We will Speculate more till our face is blue............

Rowne

That's pretty much standard about Dragons, Ari.  It's the nature of near omnipotent beings, sadly.  Dragons and Gods alike.  That's why I'm rather disappointed that we've never seen a really nice Dragon.

One day, I'm going to see a Dragon walk up to a Warlord and say; Dude, your bad karma is spilling out all over the countryside, you're like, so uncool.  Lay back on the negativity, okay?  Embrace the love, it's all around you. before wandering off without killing, harming or influencing anyone or anything.

When that happens, it'll be a real turning point for the Universe.  It'll break one of the longest standing historic memes.

Weleho Rogan

ahhh.. you should read The Dark Lord of Derkholm  :)

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Rowne on September 23, 2006, 06:04:13 PM
That's pretty much standard about Dragons, Ari.  It's the nature of near omnipotent beings, sadly.  Dragons and Gods alike.  That's why I'm rather disappointed that we've never seen a really nice Dragon.

One day, I'm going to see a Dragon walk up to a Warlord and say; Dude, your bad karma is spilling out all over the countryside, you're like, so uncool.  Lay back on the negativity, okay?  Embrace the love, it's all around you. before wandering off without killing, harming or influencing anyone or anything.

When that happens, it'll be a real turning point for the Universe.  It'll break one of the longest standing historic memes.

:yeahthat

Well put I couldn't say it  better myself. But as you look at it the Dragons depending on the characters is how they act towards people in general. But  :meh that's me here...................

Weleho Rogan

Well so far we haven't got any proof of Pyroduck being violent in any way, but I'd be disappointed if my favourite character on DMFA turned out to be a pacifist  :<

But due to Pyro's current mission to recon about beings and creatures living in harmony /to some extent) he might want to refrain from violence. And that could be why he feels uneasy when he's asked to do things.

Boog

What would be so bad about being a pacifist? It takes an admerable degree of self control.

Weleho Rogan

it's bad as being a pacifist is being a racist.

depends on what kind of pacifist is being talked about here.

ShiningShadow

That will be cool but I would like Pyro to be kicking ass and taking down names. Sort of the Wolverine type of personality. But hey what do I know about it I'm just a geek here...................

Weleho Rogan

I think of Pyro as someone who feels that he's responsible. Very responsible.
Of what? everything.
but still he seems to doubt if he's able to stop certain things from happening, as it seems that something that doesn't go along with his plans is gonna happen and he thinks that he might need to hurt someone.
He might not enjoy hurting others..

llearch n'n'daCorna

... but he'll go ahead and do it anyway, if that's what it takes to bring his plan about?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShiningShadow

Till then I want violence *chants violence constantly* Who's with me?

Rowne

I hope not.  Pacifist is the magic word for me and if Pyro is such a person, then it'd be grand.

Admittedly though, Furrae already has a pacifist, Aliyka, and I love her dearly.  I wish I had the ability to get people stoned purely by the power of peaceful proposition and persuasion.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I could live without the stoning, myself. I -am- impressed by her ability to redirect the mows, however...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears