9/22/06 Clothing mandatory

Started by Netami, September 21, 2006, 08:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

And don't you just love the way Dan and Abel's mind-reading powers seem to kick in every time there is a disturbing image of a (probably)nude female in other's heads. :laugh

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on September 22, 2006, 12:55:57 PM
*Charles suspects the saucer people are involved... and perhaps the Rand corporation...*  I know they're watching us...  :mowdizzy

Ayn Rand?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kipiru

As for Pyro's clothes- there is a simple(minded) explanation: magic!
But there is something else that bothers me, the fact that Matilda seems to appear competely nude. All other character have some clothing on, even transforming dragons, but not Matilda. I know she looks good enough, but it's still weird.

Weleho Rogan

did you know that the border between X rated and PG rated is a n*****, or two of them. One is enough, I guess.

Tiger_T

Amber explained this fact about Matilda before. Somewhen. .. Just try searching for it. :P ;)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

ShiningShadow

Really I didn't know that :tmyk So the clothing is magic then damn Pyro has that spell memorized every time his clothing is ripped apart when he's tranforming into a dragon. But about Maltilda I think in her species and as the way Amber draws her I think it's not an X-rated toon without the n*****s as you think. I know you are right on this one .......

TheDXM

Pyroduck's sudden repentant attitude indicates that he's been a bad bad boy, and Abel was/is more than aware of it. Abel may have reacted the way he did in an actually protective manner. The question remains however: whether Abel knew those intentions because of mind-reading or because of a past relationship. I'm suspecting the latter at this point though.

What I'm curious about is why Pyroduck can possibly feel obligated to Dan. Perhaps it's something that occurs in the future, rather than the past? It gives Pyro a motive to come out of the future I suppose, if that is in fact, the truth.

Kipiru

Quote from: TheDXM on September 22, 2006, 03:17:31 PM
Pyroduck's sudden repentant attitude indicates that he's been a bad bad boy, and Abel was/is more than aware of it. Abel may have reacted the way he did in an actually protective manner. The question remains however: whether Abel knew those intentions because of mind-reading or because of a past relationship. I'm suspecting the latter at this point though.

What I'm curious about is why Pyroduck can possibly feel obligated to Dan. Perhaps it's something that occurs in the future, rather than the past? It gives Pyro a motive to come out of the future I suppose, if that is in fact, the truth.
Hmmm! * stroking his beard and nodding in agreement*

terrycloth

Quote from: Shakal on September 22, 2006, 02:23:07 AM
Another possibility, as I don't think that Alexi would probably have moved that fast. Recall, it's only been a few days at most since everything at SAIA, when Pyro first asked her on a date. I personally think that Pyro is doing his own version of emotion-jamming, lying through his sharp teeth and making up a mental image that Abel doesn't want to see.

Either that, or they've been flirting coyly for a while behind the scenes ("Hi, Pyro! Good morning! I thought you might want some tea? *Yawn* *stretch to 'accidentally' pull the nightgown against her chest*, time for me to go take a shower now..."), and Pyro asking her out on a date wasn't the first incident.

terrycloth

Quote from: TheDXM on September 22, 2006, 03:17:31 PMWhat I'm curious about is why Pyroduck can possibly feel obligated to Dan. Perhaps it's something that occurs in the future, rather than the past? It gives Pyro a motive to come out of the future I suppose, if that is in fact, the truth.

Dan's impersonating Alexei goes off well, and as a result Lost Lake becomes famous and popular. Pyroduck's mother hears about it and visits, and has an affair with a half-dragon who works the bar there, and Pyro is the happy result of that union. So without Dan, Pyroduck would never have been born.

Also, Pyroduck is his own grandfather, which is a requirement for the time-travel merit badge.

Kipiru

Quote from: terrycloth on September 22, 2006, 03:38:48 PM
Quote from: TheDXM on September 22, 2006, 03:17:31 PMWhat I'm curious about is why Pyroduck can possibly feel obligated to Dan. Perhaps it's something that occurs in the future, rather than the past? It gives Pyro a motive to come out of the future I suppose, if that is in fact, the truth.

Dan's impersonating Alexei goes off well, and as a result Lost Lake becomes famous and popular. Pyroduck's mother hears about it and visits, and has an affair with a half-dragon who works the bar there, and Pyro is the happy result of that union. So without Dan, Pyroduck would never have been born.

Also, Pyroduck is his own grandfather, which is a requirement for the time-travel merit badge.

You watch too much Terminator! ;)

Manawolf

Zedd

Too much Terminator is like too much of Crazy Races...And here comes Amber in the Mowmobile!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Why do I have images of VGCats running through my head at the words "Crazy Races" ?

... can I not clear it out? Please? :-/

bill

Anything involving racing is fine by me.  ;)

Boog

Quote from: TheDXM on September 22, 2006, 03:17:31 PM

I still say he's probably not really a time traveller. It was probably either when Dan and company helped him get away from Twink territories or something that we haven't seen because it happened during someone elses storyline, Dan didn't know that it was a big deal at the time, and thus never brought it up afterward.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bill, you obviously haven't seen the image in question.

Fresnor

Hmm, I wonder if Pyro is in some way related to a certain dragon that a certain 'cubi owes 10 bucks to... >:3

Kipiru

Quote from: Fresnor on September 22, 2006, 04:23:31 PM
Hmm, I wonder if Pyro is in some way related to a certain dragon that a certain 'cubi owes 10 bucks to... >:3
You're joking, right? :yeahthat

Manawolf

Just because they're the same species doesn't mean they're related.  That other dragon was just a cameo as well.

Zedd

I second that Mana...For once  I support ya for abits

Weleho Rogan

it is possible that Pyro thinks he owes Dan because Dan saw "so much trouble" retrieving Lex's hammer from Twink territories, allowing Pyro to accompany them thus resulting in him meeting Lex.

hell, I'd think I owe a great deal to a person if the person in question made it possible for me to meet the woman of my life  :)

Kipiru

I still go with the idea that Dan does something in the future, that Pyro holds him gratitude!

Weleho Rogan

that sure would be cool  :)

although I don't get the journal.. He claims to be doing documentary, so.. it couldn't be just a personal affair, right?

Mojotech

I still prefer the idea of her wearing something "Non-typical". (A lot of dragons have been known to have eccentric tastes.)

I mean, it could have been a spacesuit, or full Kabuki gear with makeup for all we know.  :januscat

Alondro

Well, as dragons live for many thousands of years, so Pyro could have met Abel and annoyed him during his linear life span in the past, travelled back from the future to repay a debt to Dan, AND marry Alexsi in the present and spawn some weird hybrid with super powers who plays a role in his future!  BUT, he could have come from the future when he angered Abel too.  We just don't know how many times he's travelled or how far back... if he is indeed a time traveller, which we only have his word for.  I have yet to see his TARDIS!

*Alondro hmms*  Well, the ring on his tail could be like the Time Ring given to the 4th doctor during the episode "Genesis of the Daleks".  Perhaps that's why he's here!  Jyrras may be like Davros!  He may be planning to create a super mutant race that can conquere all the creatures!  He certainly has the technology to do it, and perhaps can even invent shielding to block magical spells.  That would explain why the Creature Council is so concerned about his inventions.

*Charline hmms, brow furrowing*  A possibility... A much too dangerous possibility... I must do something about that possibility... *plots a way to worm herself into the comic so she can eat Jyrras and remove the threat to creature kind!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Meech on September 21, 2006, 09:22:27 PM
Wait a minute.  Pyroduck is supposedly from the future.  He knows a lot about what is going to happen.  Did he let Alexsi, with whom he has a relationship, get kidnapped?
He said that he was from the future. Possibly just something to throw off any possible clues of his dragon-ness.
Quote from: Sid on September 21, 2006, 08:50:38 PM
He got the "shadow with glowing eyes" trick down.
Are you sure that's a shadow and not silhouette?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: Weleho Rogan on September 22, 2006, 04:54:47 PM
it is possible that Pyro thinks he owes Dan because Dan saw "so much trouble" retrieving Lex's hammer from Twink territories, allowing Pyro to accompany them thus resulting in him meeting Lex.

Nope. Dan pulled a splinter out of the paw of a big brown dragon named Ducky last week and doesn't realize that it's the same creatures as the bear/dog/whatever named Pyroduck.

Quote from: Fresnor on September 22, 2006, 04:23:31 PM
If all dragons are related then maybe the brownish red dragon in Able's first grade class is Pyro's son and Dan can have a dragon nephew by adoption.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Zedd

ShiningShadow

But that dosen't explain the kidnapping of Alexsi if he's the one to be the father of the child that onday saves the planet then when are we getting the arc on this? But it will sometime along the lines maybe very soon we will find out what is Pyro's agenda is. Till then we will wait woth bated breath till the time aroses :batman.......