2017-12-18 [DMFA # 1806] Sins of the mother

Started by Tapewolf, December 18, 2017, 06:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I was half expecting Dan to ask Piflak what his mother was like, since that seems to be his default conversation topic.
Good to see that Dan may be getting at least two very powerful allies, assuming Piflak and Taun are willing to share.  The more allies, the more chance he has of surviving outside SAIA, by the looks.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Dan:..."And I'll chose to see simple as a compliment, if you don't mind."
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

PhycoKrusk

Dard

Wow.
Cyra's fate is becoming more and more sad.
I mean, she clearly has friends and supporters. With different motives of course, but she does.
And she may not even know. Okay, her seclusion may be at least partly self-punishment, but she may not even know of the support she has. (I doubt Piflak would feel regret over the destruction of that city but that's beside the point)
And apparently not many even know how much Cyra regrets what she has done. Most common cubi only think of Cyra filtered through Destania, who is infamous. And Destania adds to Cyra's seclusion in more than one way.

Well, at least Dan is getting that support. And now that he can communicate with her, things may get a little better for her. (at least as long Destania doesn't make things even worse than she is about to do)

Cassi-kun

I wonder how many of the surviving Clan Leaders were entrusted with Cyran Cubi. The only two we have confirmed at this point are Taun and Fa'Lina.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ZacAttac21

This is kinda off-canon, but it makes me wonder what Piflak would think of Daryil after his ascension. She seems to have respect for someone who "beat the odds" and managed to ascend.

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on December 18, 2017, 06:09:33 PM
This is kinda off-canon, but it makes me wonder what Piflak would think of Daryil after his ascension. She seems to have respect for someone who "beat the odds" and managed to ascend.

It might give him the edge he needs to get in ahead of Dimanika.

In all seriousness, ascended Daryil would want to try and form alliances, but to paraphrase him in the Bounty project, "I'm this weird new kid on the block. They don't really trust each other, and now this eccentric new guy has joined their ranks. They don't know what I'm likely to do, and I don't want to spook them."
As someone who beat the odds he should qualify for at least one invitation, but whether Piflak would quickly forgive his earlier tomfoolery is another matter.  Assuming of course, that Piflak survives what is to come.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prroul

You know, I had the strangest thought...

What happens if you have no progeny when you ascent to tri-wing? Are you immediately tossed into a Fa'lina situation (i.e. unable to ever have a clan)? Or can you simply not ascend if you don't have any progeny for whatever reason?

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Prroul on December 18, 2017, 09:20:05 PM
You know, I had the strangest thought...

What happens if you have no progeny when you ascent to tri-wing? Are you immediately tossed into a Fa'lina situation (i.e. unable to ever have a clan)? Or can you simply not ascend if you don't have any progeny for whatever reason?
I believe any blood relative or even any member of their birth clan can be drawn into the new Clan - or at least, that's what makes most sense to me. Viv refers to Piflak as her aunt, not grandmother, after all. Likewise, it seems like all of Clan Zezzuva will automatically become members of Clan Zezz, otherwise the lot of them would be struck by Zezzuva passing on, and aside from Zezz's own direct descendants themselves would need to manually convert as well.

Ascension also seems to require both intention and an influx of power. So I assume ascension wouldn't be a thing that happens unintentionally, though prematurely may be something that occurs. If one could ascend unintentionally, it would likely be someone who was deliberately amassing power regardless and managed to hit the breaking point without realizing. However that also seems likely to result in more "meat-and-magic piƱatas" than Clan Leaders.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 18, 2017, 07:35:06 PMAs someone who beat the odds he should qualify for at least one invitation, but whether Piflak would quickly forgive his earlier tomfoolery is another matter.  Assuming of course, that Piflak survives what is to come.
She seems like someone with a sense of humor, and the simple fact that true Clan Leaders are in low supply may warrant at least an attempt at introduction and civility, if nothing else.

DarkwingDude

Dan's just got a trustworthy face, it seems! Or no one would expect treachery from someone dressed like that...

Maddy

So, on that note how many more pages does everyone think we have until someone, besides Piflak, steals Dan's pants?
I think at least two more more pages, those pants are too sparkly not to get stolen.

Cassi-kun

It's a toss-up between exposition and pants-thieving. There may also be a stealth de-pantsing the way Oolong did to Abel.

keybounce

Quote from: CubiKitsune on December 18, 2017, 06:09:33 PM

Better question: What would she think of ascended Mink? (http://missmab.com/Demo/Leader15.php)