2017-11-20 [DMFA # 1800] Master of the Dance

Started by Eagle0600, November 20, 2017, 05:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle0600

That top looks mostly similar to the set he was wearing when he complained that his wardrobe had turned gay. Now he likes it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 20, 2017, 05:31:40 AM
That top looks mostly similar to the set he was wearing when he complained that his wardrobe had turned gay. Now he likes it?

It's a blue version of his DDR outfit:  http://missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper22_1280.jpg  (Warning: old art)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhyNot?

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2017, 06:28:55 AM

It's a blue version of his DDR outfit:  http://missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper22_1280.jpg  (Warning: old art)

Huh, I was wondering where the cat-bell came from, since it wasn't visible in the original strip. Also, wow, that bell is not a good look. The rest of the outfit is hardly the most garish, or just outright weird, thing we've seen people in the DMFA universe wear (though his original version being made of string-net makes me reconsider that) but that bell is...not great. It also doesn't seem like the comfiest thing to have something fist sized right next to your neck, and I hope the designer got the message that it shouldn't be functional.

Or maybe I just have no sense of fashion.

Caswin

...now that you mention it, I'm starting to wonder if it's just going to stay on his shoulder.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Tapewolf

Maybe his party trick is to get the bell to sound in time to the music while dancing.

Puyon

Oh, Dan...

I'm not sure if this party is going to have the sort of energetic dancing that that outfit warrants. I predict maximum grumps from Dan.
...By Puyon

Prroul

First off, nice subtle Garfield n Friends reference there.

Second, the outfit struck me as a bit odd for him at first, until I was reminded of the DDR strip. So yea, watch it be one of those droll boring affairs of pose-and-posture. Of course, that might not stop Dan from smuggling in a boom-box (or getting his Warp Aci to get one) and shocking all of Society by breaking down in the middle of their snobbery. Which... I could actually see as being very okay with the hostess, seeing as how he's one of the VIP guests, and it would be a breath of fresh air.

Akisohida

I love the outfit...sans the bell. XP

Then again, I'm a fox-spidertaur and rarely wear more than a shirt, so pants are always neat.

(And I'd have my pic on here if photobucket did not turn stupid, and I could find a way to host it from other sources)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2017, 06:28:55 AM

Thank you, Tapewolf. Now I don't have to look it up myself. :3

Also, I freakin' love those pants. And the blue in general.

BLUUUUUUUUUUUE!

Cassi-kun

I guess this explains why Mink was so surprised. Even if they'd seen most of Dan's limited wardrobe choices, the DDR outfit is a pretty big deviation from what he normally wears.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

The One Guy

Wow, Dan is looking good in his (sort of) new outfit.  I like it even better than the DDR version; must be the blue.

MT Hazard

Party member 1: "I hear a Cyra clan member will be coming to the party, I better they're brutal and cruel like Destania!"
Party member 2: " No doubt, they probably live to spread fear and suffering!"

(Dan appears)
Party member 2: "Well, his outfit's giving me a headache, does that count?"

Personally, I like it, but I feel he may inadvertently cause pain by all the people walking into each other and straining their brains as they try to comprehend how a Cyra clan member and son of Destania could possibly be an upbeat cherry soul in a sparkly outfit.

I'm also wondering how on earth those rings on his tail stay in place.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Originally I was going to agree that the dances are liable to be several hundred years out of date. Just a few decades ago, "Gay '90s waltz" was considered a sensible name for a home organ program disc.  (Meaning 1890s).  And even that might be considered garishly modern for someone thousands of years old.

But.  One of Piflak's children edits a fashion magazine.  By nature they must have a finger on the pulse of popular trends.  So It's quite possible there will be music written within Dan's lifetime.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2017, 07:24:36 PMBut.  One of Piflak's children edits a fashion magazine.  By nature they must have a finger on the pulse of popular trends.  So It's quite possible there will be music written within Dan's lifetime.
I agree, it's quite likely that - if not all, at least most - of them would keep up with the times in order to be "the best" at something that modern society would consider worth being best at.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ZacAttac21

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 20, 2017, 06:19:52 PM
I'm also wondering how on earth those rings on his tail stay in place.

One word, MT: "Magic." :wizfire

Drakkenmensch

keybounce

Fear and suffering:  "is this person going to take away my ' King of the dance' status?"

Maybe we can take some stabs as to the names/lines of the songs that will be played.

"Colors colors colors colors colors are everywhere / red gold and green / red gold and gre-een"
"tuck me in before bed oh oh / 'cause I'm not planning on reading solo"
"Don't stop your reading / New places you'll be seeing"

Oh come on, admit it, you're reeling in pain from those, aren't you? :-)

(May or may not have been inspired by Seseme Street :-)

Akisohida

Quote from: keybounce on November 21, 2017, 11:44:31 PM
Fear and suffering:  "is this person going to take away my ' King of the dance' status?"

Maybe we can take some stabs as to the names/lines of the songs that will be played.

"Colors colors colors colors colors are everywhere / red gold and green / red gold and gre-een"
"tuck me in before bed oh oh / 'cause I'm not planning on reading solo"
"Don't stop your reading / New places you'll be seeing"

Oh come on, admit it, you're reeling in pain from those, aren't you? :-)

(May or may not have been inspired by Seseme Street :-)

Karma karma karma karma, karma chameleon
You come and go, you come and go
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream
Red gold and green, red gold and green
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

justacritic

Well it could be another weapon in Dan's arsenal against Hizell, bedazzle them with fashion

Dishonored

Quote from: justacritic on November 24, 2017, 03:11:55 AM
Well it could be another weapon in Dan's arsenal against Hizell, bedazzle them with fashion

Or: "Epic dance-off, bro!"

(I hope it's that!)
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Akisohida

Quote from: Dishonored on November 24, 2017, 04:09:54 PM

(I hope it's that!)

I want to see Hizell on a giant DDR board, posing.

Seriously, I'd use it as a wallpaper; Dan Vs Hizell Side-By-Side Dance Off! :D

Shakal

Quote from: Dishonored on November 24, 2017, 04:09:54 PM

(I hope it's that!)

Aaaaaand I am now mentally replaying the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, with Dan as Starlord and Hizell as Ronan.

Dishonored

Quote from: Shakal on November 29, 2017, 04:32:11 AM

Aaaaaand I am now mentally replaying the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, with Dan as Starlord and Hizell as Ronan.

You're welcome!  :)
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.