2017-11-6 [DMFA # 1797] Marmite personality

Started by MT Hazard, November 07, 2017, 07:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Dest's personaility causes extremes of reactions,  No surprises there. A confrontation with Dan could lead to interesting result, especially if he ask one key question "Did me and Dad ever mean anything to you?".
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Dard

What I thought was:
It is Dimanika's clan that teaches Grass Growing?  :erk

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Dard on November 07, 2017, 08:53:55 AM
What I thought was:
It is Dimanika's clan that teaches Grass Growing?  :erk
It's a therapeutic and rewarding class.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Drakkenmensch

The thought occurs that all of Abel's classes seemed to be those taught by Dimanika.

You don't think he did that on purpose to avoid her, could he?

Dard

Akisohida

I love the faces in the last panel. It's 'deadpan snark' in facial form.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Dard on November 08, 2017, 05:55:43 AM
Quote from: Cassi-kun on November 07, 2017, 11:20:11 AM
Yes... but... Dimanika?
I bet nothing causes confusion among Cubi like a calm and well-centered Dimanika Cubi.

It's also possible that they may just be pranksters rather than outright demented. After all, Change was a very straightforward teacher in the few pages we saw her in, just in a perpetual state of flux. And Jakob's fliers were merely rewritten, not turned into pudding or given sound effects.

Even Dimanika herself seemed to just be overexcitable - I doubt she'd be welcome at clan meetings if she couldn't be trusted at least a bit to behave.

Nightmask

Quote from: Cassi-kun on November 08, 2017, 11:55:57 PM
Quote from: Dard on November 08, 2017, 05:55:43 AM
Quote from: Cassi-kun on November 07, 2017, 11:20:11 AM
Yes... but... Dimanika?
I bet nothing causes confusion among Cubi like a calm and well-centered Dimanika Cubi.

It's also possible that they may just be pranksters rather than outright demented. After all, Change was a very straightforward teacher in the few pages we saw her in, just in a perpetual state of flux. And Jakob's fliers were merely rewritten, not turned into pudding or given sound effects.

Even Dimanika herself seemed to just be overexcitable - I doubt she'd be welcome at clan meetings if she couldn't be trusted at least a bit to behave.

Well at the last meeting as they mentioned upping them to yearly they DID actually unanimously vote for her to send an emissary rather than appear herself, so she doesn't behave enough for them to think seeing her every year is a good idea it would seem.  We may like her but we only see her in a small dose and not personally, it's probably far more trying around her on too regular a basis.  She also had at least one period of serious we know of, when she was handing out Hizell's infant descendants to clan leaders of clans he wrecked.

On a completely unrelated note while rereading things I suddenly started wondering: who is Destania's father?  I haven't seen anything about him in the strip, do we know anything about him?  Was he a being or another cubi?  Good, evil, indifferent?

WhyNot?

Quote from: Nightmask on November 12, 2017, 09:46:53 PM
On a completely unrelated note while rereading things I suddenly started wondering: who is Destania's father?  I haven't seen anything about him in the strip, do we know anything about him?  Was he a being or another cubi?  Good, evil, indifferent?

I don't recall him, or indeed anyone Cyra had been romantically linked to aside from M'chek being referred to and whilst it's not technically impossible for that pairing to result in Dee, I wouldn't bet on it.

Given the fact that Cubi/Non-Cubi relationships end with the child looking more like the non-Cubi parent (Dan, Abel, Mink to a lesser extent), baring physical clan traits, I'd imagine that it was another Cubi, probably also feline, based on the fact she looks so much like her mother. Unless we've never actually seen her natural look and she's consciously choosing to look like the mother she doesn't seem to have much affection for.

It's also entirely possible that Dee never met her father, considering the timeframe with the M'chek relationship, unless it was very open, and Cyra's ascension (roughly 7000 years ago) has Dee fairly young (7026 by present day and Fa'lina also says she was a 'young lady' but that's a bit more ambiguous).

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhyNot? on November 13, 2017, 02:44:19 AM
Given the fact that Cubi/Non-Cubi relationships end with the child looking more like the non-Cubi parent (Dan, Abel, Mink to a lesser extent), baring physical clan traits, I'd imagine that it was another Cubi, probably also feline, based on the fact she looks so much like her mother. Unless we've never actually seen her natural look and she's consciously choosing to look like the mother she doesn't seem to have much affection for.

It's also possible that it was a Being, but Cyra carefully selected someone who looked like her.   Either way, they're almost certainly dead now... Destania would be dead of old age herself if Cyra wasn't propping her up.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gelpi

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on November 08, 2017, 12:13:14 AM
The thought occurs that all of Abel's classes seemed to be those taught by Dimanika.

You don't think he did that on purpose to avoid her, could he?

I think it's more that like Mink, Abel had been at the academy for so long that any class that was a change from the monotony of living there permanently was preferable. 
I used to take agriculture classes in high school because they were often science heavy and interesting to me.  I always thought grass growing class was more like landscaping class with a cute nickname since we had a horticulture class aka advanced flower arranging.   

Cassi-kun

The confirmed relationships we have with Clan Cyra are:

Cyra × M'chek
Dee × Aniz
Dee × Edward

Dan and his friends

Abel is caught between being Dee's target and Dan's ally

Dee is a long standing ally of the San family

Dee was part of the conspiracy in taking down Owona

Dee has disowned Alexsi

Taun failed to protect a child of Cyra

Dee was a friend of Piflak's slain daughter

Clan Hrienth as a whole are allies of Cyra

Hrienth's potential heir was slain alongside the Cyra Cubi their clan was protecting

I think that's all for now.

Cassi-kun

One day I will learn to check whether I'm editing or quoting my own posts

keybounce

Hang on, Dee and Aniz?

Wasn't Aniz the father of Abel?
Would that make Abel and Dan related (Aniz is both fathers)?

EDIT: No, Destania and Edward was Dan. Then who were the parents for Alexis?

EDIT 2: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_306.php

Edward was the common parent. Destania was the step-mom for her.

... So, when Edward let this "Demon" into the bar, and said that it was his choice to let a beautiful woman devour his soul, he already had a daughter from a previous marriage.

The One Guy

Quote from: keybounce on November 17, 2017, 06:18:38 PM
Hang on, Dee and Aniz?

Here is where Fa'lina brings it up in Abel's story, and here is where she brings it up in the main comic.  Long story short, they met each other and started dating before Aniz's clan fell.  Destania forced him not to aid his clan for his safety, and when the clan was destroyed, he wend mad and blamed her, leaving to be never seen by her again.

keybounce

Ahh, so when Dee saw Edward, she saw a resemblance to Aniz. Understood.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: keybounce on November 19, 2017, 03:06:57 PM
Ahh, so when Dee saw Edward, she saw a resemblance to Aniz. Understood.
It's likely Aniz was attempting to take Edward's place, like happened with Cid. Alexsi's mother was killed fighting/slaying him, so I assume it was because he got found out.