ZOMG! Silent Hill!

Started by vulpesweasel, September 17, 2006, 01:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vulpesweasel

WARNING SPOILERS!

SPOILERS

warning spoilers!

:U :U :U spoilers

Can anyone explain the movie Silent Hill? Mainly the ending...Did the mom and daughter die? And was sharon like, child of the devil, or what? And, why was the nurse so horribly damaged? And were the monster things zombies, or aliens, or demons? I is so confused

thegayhare

The monsters are figments of Alessa's imagination, they are her dreams of revenge made real by her own hate.  Accept the janitor,  he was a victum of her hate like the nurse.

It's like from the first game in the end of that one you wind up in the childs bedroom where you find all the monsters insperations,  the butterfly collection, her teddybears, and dolls.  you look at those and in retrospect relise the monsters were twisted versions of these things

Dark Alyssa (the evil sharon) might have been a deamon.  or a evil dark god.

Sharon was what was left of Alessa's good side.  the uncorupted part of her soul untouched by the pain she suffered.

the nurse was injured because Alessa lashed out while she was in pain.  at that point she didn't care who she hurt

as for the ending it's left ambigous for a reason you don't realy know if the girl that went with the mom was Sharon or Dark Alessa.  and in the end they arn't dead just still in that other world

Zina

Silent Hill is one of those movies that it REALLY helps if you've played the games in order to understand. Like. A lot.
I'm just sad I couldn't save Cibil this time around. D:

thegayhare

true but even if you'd just played the first one there is alot new here it mixes game 1 and 2 liberaly

generaly the monsters (all of them except the grey child and janitor) come from 2 and one of the chars is from two as well.  I wish Red Pyramid had had a bigger part.

the locals well brookhaven hospital is in all of the games so that doesn't count

Zedd

Yeah but i have to say Red Pyramid isnt his name..In my mind it shall remain Pyramid Head

Edit: Gramer

vulpesweasel

was Red Pyramid the one with the pointy head who tore that girl's flesh off and impaled tose doors with his huge swords?

thegayhare

Quote from: vulpesweasel on September 18, 2006, 08:19:40 PM
was Red Pyramid the one with the pointy head who tore that girl's flesh off and impaled tose doors with his huge swords?

Yep that was Red Pyramid or Pyramid head as most fans call him.  I don't know Red Pyramid sounds much cooler to me. 

The name isn't as obvous in the movi  in the game the pyramid was covered in bright red blood. 

Also I spend some time looking at the sword he carries and I noticed something about it.  Its not a sword.  it's a simple folding jack knife.  It's just blown up huge with the handle removed.  he holds it by the locking ring.

fesworks

My interpretation of the ending was this:

Because of what the Mom and Sharon have taken part it: they are not allowed to go back to the world of the living. Especially since the Mom WAS STABBED (and probably was killed at that moment too).

So they live in "the twilight" as did the Town did.

I'm willing to bet that Alessa and Sharon now share the same vessil too... which would furthar explain why they are not allowed to belong in the world of the living any more.

lucas marcone

i dont know about needing to play the game in order to understand. i havent, and i  was able to follw it just fine.... ive forgotten most of it though......and some parts were really predictable. for instance the second time i saw the peiple in the jump suits when the siren sounded i knew they wernt those twisted whatchamacallits and i knew the people in the church were bound for a crazy home even before they officialy told you. i still beliv firmly she took the good one home though.

Zedd

At least no burping nurses in this movie...Like in SH4

vulpesweasel

Quote from: lucas marcone on September 19, 2006, 06:26:42 AM
i still beliv firmly she took the good one home though.

yea me too. you don't see it, though, i was left screaming TAKE HER WITH YOU! TAKE HER WITH YOU!!!