2017-09-04 [DMFA #1782] - Breaking the fourth wall internally

Started by Tapewolf, September 04, 2017, 04:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, that was an extremely satisfying way to end the conversation.

I wonder how permanent the counter-scrying spell is?  Like, if he fires up another crystal immediately will it explode too, or only when Mab wills it?
I also wonder how easy it is to cast those.  Could Abel do it, or does it take someone of Pyroduck or Cyra's power level?

Even if this is going to blank the inn from scrying for days rather than minutes, Hizell knows that Pyroduck has failed the first test, and what Mab can do to Hizell if he pushes too hard.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

Don't dwell too much on the scrying thing.
This was a message from Mab to Hizell.
From now on he has to be a bit more careful on how far he can go.

AzureEdge

Damn. It's like Mab is daring Hizell to try again and just see what happens.

MT Hazard

Maybe Big H will get a shard in the eye, nothing like a sharp crystal to the face to make a lesson stick. I meant if leaders felt pain ever time something bad happen to one of their soldiers they might make different decisions about putting them in harms way.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Grey Wolf

Well. That adds another layer to the metaphorical cake.

Maybe there won't be any more mythos sent after all.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

killpurakat

So... it just occurred to me that this was probably the entire purpose of Abel going to Lost Lake to prevent everyone there from dying. (Apologies if someone else brought this up already.)

Recall that Abel originally was persuaded to go because Falina told him that if he didn't, then within 2 months, everyone at Lost Lake would be dead.

I thought (and I think many others did too), that his prevention of the adventurers from killing Alexsi in turn prevented a bunch of deaths, even if it did draw Hizell's eyes to the inn via Destania pointed Hizell at Abel. Although, to be fair, the adventurers were there BECAUSE of Abel. So him being there really didn't prevent any bad things happening because of that.

But... Hizell would probably have been interested in the inn ANYWAY because his [not] son is there. And possibly doubly interested because people associated with Destania are there, and Dan may have been there too if Abel hadn't been around to promise to watch Alexsi for him while he went off to SAIA (and with Dan being Destania's son... well, THAT'S a damned good reason to nuke a place). So, it may have been likely the inn would have attracted his interest, and wrath, no matter what. And likely more quickly than otherwise since Pyroduck is STAYING there permanently to be with Alexsi at the moment.

Enter Abel's influence. Not only does the inn get said attention a bit earlier (which is possibly bad), but BECAUSE OF HIS BIRTHDAY it gets Fae protection (which is GREAT). Mab was out trying to get cake for Abel, and if she hadn't done that and been gone, then she wouldn't have felt the need to offer protection for it upon returning, and when Hizell DID notice the inn and who in it he might want eradicated forever (I honestly think blowing up a kid of his that has different values than him would be a win in his books), Mab might have been nowhere and Hizell might have decided, "Damn the repercussions," and just done it, killing everyone at Lost Lake (and maybe a chunk of the surrounding area).

So, Abel caused the adventurers and misunderstandings and has nearly gotten himself killed, BUT he could have moved up the timetables of when Hizell would notice the inn and decide to do something about it, AND gotten it Fae protection so that Hizell couldn't just kill everyone there.  :mowmeep

Akisohida

What gets me is Mab is saying Hizell should 'know the rules'.

Something tells me Mab and Hizell are at war, or at least a wargame, using a 'backwater dimension' for it..because if it gets erased, it won't cause a big stir in the multiverse or whatever.

I am really, REALLY sure that Mab and Hizell have a past history outside this world..
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Lego3400

Quote from: Akisohida on September 05, 2017, 12:10:18 AM
What gets me is Mab is saying Hizell should 'know the rules'.

Something tells me Mab and Hizell are at war, or at least a wargame, using a 'backwater dimension' for it..because if it gets erased, it won't cause a big stir in the multiverse or whatever.

I am really, REALLY sure that Mab and Hizell have a past history outside this world..

I think you're reading too much into. She knows Hizell is VERY smart, and that he knows she's there watching the inn and if they came to blows she would win by virtue of of being a Fae. She's simply warning him to not push her into direct action against him if he wants to keep playing any sort of "Game" by trying to get to those in the inn.

Drakkenmensch

Mab, I know you can see us all watching you through the internet, so please don't destroy our monitors.

Flatscreens may be cheaper now more than ever, but replacing one blown out by fae magic is still a huge hassle.

maus_merryjest

And Hizell had to go change his pants. And he doesn't even WEAR any.

Dishonored

Quote from: maus_merryjest on September 05, 2017, 01:30:45 AM

"Servant! Fetch me my brown pants!"
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

keybounce

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on September 05, 2017, 12:30:27 AM
Mab, I know you can see us all watching you through the internet, so please don't destroy our monitors.

Flatscreens may be cheaper now more than ever, but replacing one blown out by fae magic is still a huge hassle.
Tee hee

Tapewolf

Quote from: Akisohida on September 05, 2017, 12:10:18 AM

We don't know how powerful he is, that's true. It may be that he has gone touring the multiverse at some point, but from what Amber has been saying, he is ultimately just the inhabitant of a backwater dimension. The only dragon Mab could have had any prior contact with at the multiversal level is Pip.

Drako

Maybe it's just me, but it's nice to be reminded of just how powerful Fae can be, as Mab just casually destroys Hizell's scrying crystal, knowing he was watching.

Tuyu

And maybe find a dragon-sized band-aid. Those could be just reflections causing the crystal pieces to look red.

Alondro

Would it break the rules to summon Saitama to punch Hizel really hard?   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Lego3400

Quote from: Tuyu on September 07, 2017, 02:16:17 AM
And maybe find a dragon-sized band-aid. Those could be just reflections causing the crystal pieces to look red.

It's where you're seeing his scales thorugh the glass, if you look closely it matches the lines of his hands perfectly

Madd the Sane

And not one person thought he shattered it himself in anger.

Granted, I don't think he did either. It's just no one brought it up  :giggle
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on September 09, 2017, 01:13:03 AM
And not one person thought he shattered it himself in anger.
Granted, I don't think he did either. It's just no one brought it up  :giggle

Nope.  His hand would be more like a fist if that was the intent.  If he'd used a spell I'd expect some kind of glow.
Also, Mab is making a gun-like hand like she's shooting the scry sphere.  For that matter, Hizell would not want to break the link in mid-sentence, because for all he knows Mab might finish with an ultimatum, e.g. "Actually I've changed my mind - lay off the war in 3 days or I'll turn you into a cookie and put Pyroduck on your throne".