2017-06-05 [DMFA #1759] - Someone's going to get an earful

Started by Tapewolf, June 05, 2017, 06:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Notwithstanding that Jyrras is maybe a little tired for this, it's going to be an interesting conversation.
All told, Biggs did warn Jyrras that this would happen, and warned him that he'd have to make up his mind fast.  Where it could be interesting is if Jyrras knows that he's in cahoots with Destania... and that depends whether he knows that from Alexsi.  Offhand I can't remember. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

PhycoKrusk

Even if Jyrras doesn't know if Biggs and Destania are working together, this doesn't change the fact that Biggs warned Jyrras that it would happen again, and then when it does happen again, Biggs is on the scene (of the recovery) wrapping up a suspicious phone call.

I mean, sure, one could argue that he's there because he heard Wildy was involved and is checking on her, but if that's the case then he sure heard about it and then got there suspiciously fast. I don't think there is any version of this where Biggs won't look like he had a hand in what happened, however small his role, and I guarantee Jyrras is not going to take that well.

Shakal

So, what's the over/under of that being Destania instead of Biggs?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shakal on June 05, 2017, 10:13:19 AM

The eyes are right.  But that doesn't mean much...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prroul

Quote from: Shakal on June 05, 2017, 10:13:19 AM
I give 10:1 odds this is the actual Biggs.

If it were Des, Abel would already be finished off, and the alarms would be going off. Ergo, it must be the real Biggs. Plus, complaint about wearing a shirt. Des is pretty good about imitating things, but that doesn't sound like something she'd complain about even trying to impersonate Biggs.

The only reason the odds aren't more in favor of it being actually Biggs is "I'm not going to promise that". So, in theory, it could be Des, pretending to be Biggs, to gain access to Abel, to finish the job. In other words, he caught her on the way in rather than the way out. I rate this as low possibility because if she were in the hospital, she wouldn't be wasting time with a phone call until after Abel was finished off.

I don't really see why Jyjy wants to get in Biggs' face, though. I mean, this pretty much proves his concern and request for assistance is entirely legitimate. If anything, this should be Jyrras saying "You know that project you pitched? Sold. Send over your box of scraps, I've already got Mustang Red in my paint inventory."

PhycoKrusk

Quote from: Prroul on June 05, 2017, 12:13:09 PM
I don't really see why Jyjy wants to get in Biggs' face, though. I mean, this pretty much proves his concern and request for assistance is entirely legitimate. If anything, this should be Jyrras saying "You know that project you pitched? Sold. Send over your box of scraps, I've already got Mustang Red in my paint inventory."
The reason he's going to get in his face is because Biggs' presence at the hospital is exceedingly suspicious. Think about it:

Biggs pitches an idea to build something. Jyrras doesn't quite buy it, and Biggs is like, "Hey, that's cool, but something like this is totally going to happen again if you don't build it." Then something like that totally happens again and Jyrras didn't have the means to stop it, and then Biggs is there at the hospital when he has no apparent reason to be.

It makes it look very strongly like Biggs either arranged it to happen, or at least knew it was going to happen and didn't try to stop it.

Granted, it'll all still probably work out. After all, if it hadn't been for Abel, both Jyrras and Wildy would've been directly in the crossfire, and Biggs was very clear what would happen if Destania endangered his sister again.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: PhycoKrusk on June 05, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
Granted, it'll all still probably work out. After all, if it hadn't been for Abel, both Jyrras and Wildy would've been directly in the crossfire, and Biggs was very clear what would happen if Destania endangered his sister again.

Unfortunately, you can't always predict the actions of others, there could have been a big chance that Hizell could have blasted first and asked questions later; so even if Destania had no personal intentions of getting Wildy harmed, she is still playing with Fate, which that in itself is dangerous waters.

I am pretty sure Biggs has his own choice words or actions in mind, after what has happened recently.

Prroul

Quote from: PhycoKrusk on June 05, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
The reason he's going to get in his face is because Biggs' presence at the hospital is exceedingly suspicious. Think about it:

Biggs pitches an idea to build something. Jyrras doesn't quite buy it, and Biggs is like, "Hey, that's cool, but something like this is totally going to happen again if you don't build it." Then something like that totally happens again and Jyrras didn't have the means to stop it, and then Biggs is there at the hospital when he has no apparent reason to be.

It makes it look very strongly like Biggs either arranged it to happen, or at least knew it was going to happen and didn't try to stop it.
And how is Biggs checking in on several of his close friends, who were at an almost lethal altercation in which his sister and only family, the one person that he would willingly crash his star to protect, was threatened, after enough time has passed that Jyrras not only had enough time to sit and wait to doze off but at least had something of a nap after that. We're talking hours have passed, minimum. MORE than enough time to have passed for the arrival to have been prompted by Wildey asking her brother to check on Jyrras/Abel as this is a ship she wants sailed.

QuoteGranted, it'll all still probably work out. After all, if it hadn't been for Abel, both Jyrras and Wildy would've been directly in the crossfire, and Biggs was very clear what would happen if Destania endangered his sister again.
Yea, that's the scary part. Des just threatened Wildey again, after being explicitly warned not to. Them's fightin'... actions.

PhycoKrusk

Quote from: Prroul on June 05, 2017, 07:30:34 PM
And how is Biggs checking in on several of his close friends, who were at an almost lethal altercation in which his sister and only family, the one person that he would willingly crash his star to protect, was threatened, after enough time has passed that Jyrras not only had enough time to sit and wait to doze off but at least had something of a nap after that. We're talking hours have passed, minimum. MORE than enough time to have passed for the arrival to have been prompted by Wildey asking her brother to check on Jyrras/Abel as this is a ship she wants sailed.
Why would Wildy ask Biggs to check on her friends? She was right there with them, and while we know that Biggs obviously has some sort of fast travel from the Twink Territories to Lost Lake, we don't know if he has the same to Zinvth (we can reasonably assume that he doesn't, if only because he doesn't have any interests there, and his association with Destania likely not doing him any favors if it were known).

The point is that his presence there is suspicious, if only for its timing.

Prroul

Quote from: PhycoKrusk on June 06, 2017, 09:32:00 AM
Why would Wildy ask Biggs to check on her friends? She was right there with them, and while we know that Biggs obviously has some sort of fast travel from the Twink Territories to Lost Lake, we don't know if he has the same to Zinvth (we can reasonably assume that he doesn't, if only because he doesn't have any interests there, and his association with Destania likely not doing him any favors if it were known).

The point is that his presence there is suspicious, if only for its timing.
Honestly, it would be more suspicious if he wasn't there.

First off, you seem to have a very skewed time frame here. We're not talking minutes, we're talking hours. Lots of hours. Look at the list of stuff the doctors already did a couple of strips ago. That takes TIME. And it has been long enough that Jyrras went from adrenaline response to finally calming down to taking a nap to waking up. Honestly, it's probably business hours the next day at a minimum. By now, the attack will be front page news. Biggs won't NEED any special intel to know to go visit.

The only thing I'm surprised at is that he wasn't there earlier. But he probably thought that would be suspicious and waited until the event was public knowledge.

MT Hazard

Biggs seems angry, but does he seem angry enough? After all, Dest went against his wishes, his potential business partner and vital part of THE PLAN (tm) was nearly killed and his sister was put in danger. Anyone of those things could make him screaming mad. Perhaps he's had a few hours to calm down.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Shadowdancer

Quote from: Prroul on June 05, 2017, 07:30:34 PM
QuoteGranted, it'll all still probably work out. After all, if it hadn't been for Abel, both Jyrras and Wildy would've been directly in the crossfire, and Biggs was very clear what would happen if Destania endangered his sister again.
Yea, that's the scary part. Des just threatened Wildey again, after being explicitly warned not to. Them's fightin'... actions.

What are the odds of Abel abandoning a busy area, or particularly visiting the grave that night? Probably too random to be relied on, however, Pip was at the site, so I doubt this was Biggs or Destania, it smells of Fae precognition.
Jyrras does not know this, but even so, Hizself showing up in Zvinth would be pretty hard to pin on anyone. Biggs would have probably heard about the night out from Wildy, but I don't think Jy would credit him for knowing Abel would abandon civilization.

That said, Jyjy is a very tired genius and not likely thinking straight. Biggs isn't looking terribly wide awake either. This is likely to be explosive and irrational. I wonder if Bridget will let slip something that he shouldn't.
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Grey Wolf

Ah, best not to use a trans (or really, any) person's former name. You change that kind of thing for a reason.

Though, I'm wondering why Wildy didn't just hire a griffon cart herself? Unless she wants to talk something over with Biggs?
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Tuyu

If we assume the conveniently-overheard conversation is legit, another question might be--what is Wildy up to? It's not like she couldn't meet Biggs at the entrance. Maybe she wants to confront him with Abel, look him in in the eye and ask him whether he's involved.

That's the only sticking point for me. If Biggs is there just to pick up Wildy, why'd he have to come inside? Wildy lose her phone? Not answering? (That would explain the no-phones supposition.)

Tuyu

That assumes she was admitted.  Drunk + flung through the air by a 'cubi and caught by a Chazore ≠ hospitalization.