2017-05-26 [DMFA #1756] -Unauthorized Dragon Detected

Started by Tapewolf, May 26, 2017, 05:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, fingers crossed we have the optimum result - Abel in the ICU as opposed to the morgue.  Which means he gets to live on, but his future can only be assured if Jyrras gets the weapon going.
Not that he's out of the woods either - assuming he stabilises, they'll need to stop Destania or Hizell's minions from paying an ill-intentioned bedside visit.

I'm curious how they drove Hizell away, though... maybe they have some kind of Gryphon C squad...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

x-posting from twitter

(but seriously I hope Abel's alright :<)

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ZacAttac21

Whatever happened to that restraining order Abel filed against Amber?

Puyon

Maybe there's some Fae friends in the higher ranks of Zinvth. Or hell, singular friend Fae would be enough to drive Hizell off.
...By Puyon

maus_merryjest

PhycoKrusk

Looks like we got our answer: The cemetery is still in Zinvth proper.

What might be most significant about this though is that now they can actually approach Jyrras about building an anti-dragon weapon, and can legitimately claim they need such a device in order to protect their citizens.

What is also significant about this is that, when you really think about it, "anti-dragon weapon" is a pretty vague and open-ended descriptor.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

In all this talk of how they might have drove off Hizell, I had either the most fortunate or unfortunate timing of an image of Alexis with a spray bottle VS Hizell. I am positive that can't happen, but it's an amusing image regardless. :3

However, I second the idea of a Gryphon C Squad with all of them wearing shades, of course!

justacritic

For crackpot theories, I'm proposing that this is actually a mental hospital and Abel is in a ward for treatment to being overexposed to a ruthless regimen of disco music and bellbottom pants.

Also Mab is a vicious fourth wall murdering troll, why next we'll be hearing about how she toppled the taco industry.

HaDDea

I figured that something like what Chazore is describing would happen - After all, Zinvth, unlike Hizell's kingdom, does tolerate 'cubi within its domain. And if the idea of 'cubi make Zinvth citizens uncomfy, the idea of dragons just waltzing in and out of the place as you please killing citizens would be downright terrifying, not to mention a stain on the Soulstealer family name. No, I fully expected a response to this insult from Hizell.

I just hope it's in time to save Abel - Kria is gonna go ballistic on Hizell if he murders May's only son. We might get to see what a Demon can really do with their gameface on (which, incidentally, might be genuinely frightening - after all, we've only seen Kria playing with other Creatures/Beings at this point).

I suspect the hospital that Mab and Pip are walking towards is some sort of flashback? That, or on the other side of the globe(? is Furrae a ball-shaped planet?) it's daytime, after all - and Zinvth is currently in the dead of Night. They might've gone to visit Jyrras or Jyrras' mom at the hospital - or possibly someone else.

Icalasari

Quote from: HaDDea on May 26, 2017, 07:15:35 PM
I suspect the hospital that Mab and Pip are walking towards is some sort of flashback? That, or on the other side of the globe(? is Furrae a ball-shaped planet?) it's daytime, after all - and Zinvth is currently in the dead of Night. They might've gone to visit Jyrras or Jyrras' mom at the hospital - or possibly someone else.

Unless it is a scene change, which can come with a time skip element (e.g. Abel finally being stable enough to have visitors)
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: justacritic on May 26, 2017, 06:20:44 PM
Also Mab is a vicious fourth wall murdering troll, why next we'll be hearing about how she toppled the taco industry.

... by eating it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Icalasari on May 26, 2017, 08:24:30 PM
Unless it is a scene change, which can come with a time skip element (e.g. Abel finally being stable enough to have visitors)

The page is called 'fast forward' so yes. I would assume it is at least the following morning.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

killpurakat

Hopefully Mab staying outside is a good thing. If there was nothing to be done, then the machines going haywire wouldn't matter (I am assuming her field of influence is about the size of a room and not too much bigger, since she does work at JyCorp, along with others who do need-machines-to-work experiments).

BTW, are we still in the "Friends in High Places" chapter? There hasn't been a new one added to the Archives in awhile.

*crosses fingers hoping there isn't ANOTHER scene/time change on Monday*

Puyon

Quote from: killpurakat on May 27, 2017, 06:57:45 PM
BTW, are we still in the "Friends in High Places" chapter? There hasn't been a new one added to the Archives in awhile.

We've been out of that chapter for some time now. If you check the archive tags on Katbox, you'll see all the chapters I believe
...By Puyon

killpurakat

Quote from: Puyon on May 27, 2017, 10:48:36 PM
Quote from: killpurakat on May 27, 2017, 06:57:45 PM

We've been out of that chapter for some time now. If you check the archive tags on Katbox, you'll see all the chapters I believe

I don't use the Katbox site very much, because the DMFA site doesn't cause my computer to pause forever like Katbox does. I was referring to the Archives on the main DMFA Archives page. All the comics are up, but the last 350 or so comics are in the "Friends in High Places" chapter.

Dard

I wonder if Pyroduck would be an authorized dragon.
However, I have no idea if he has ever been in Zinvth.
That would be interesting: He may be through his association with Fa'Lina. And while she may not be one of the most loved characters for Zinvth, she seems to be at least respected.

BTW, whenever I read "unauthorized something" I remember that great Deadwood episode called "Unauthorized Cinnamon". A great title for a Western episode and the scene where it was mentioned was hilarious.

Zorro

Hizell is the leader of a whole country.

This is at best a diplomatic incident.

At worst it is an act of war against a citizen of Zinvth.

They could use this as an excuse to start a war.

Tuyu

Quote from: Zorro on May 29, 2017, 01:40:04 AM
Hizell is the leader of a whole country.
Oooh, good point!

Wonder if Hizell invoked diplomatic immunity and...simply flew away.