2017-05-20 [DMFA #1754] - Fear of falling

Started by Tapewolf, May 20, 2017, 07:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, we know where Chaz' priorities lie.  Shouldn't be a surprise, to be honest - she is there for that purpose only, and attacking a dragon is suicidal unless you're a Gryphon-C anyway.
That said, I am wondering if Jyrras will attempt some kind of three laws trick. e.g. "If Abel dies, I'll kill myself and you'll have failed."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Akisohida

I don't recall Jy and Chazore meeting before (last I remember, she was spying on him from a tree)...Someone please refresh my memory?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

AzureEdge

All Jy has to do is tell her that protecting those he cares about is protecting him as those he cares about getting hurt would undoubtedly hurt him in ways that can't be done physically, especially when the one about to be killed by a dragon is someone he is dating.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Akisohida on May 20, 2017, 09:12:08 AM
I don't recall Jy and Chazore meeting before (last I remember, she was spying on him from a tree)...Someone please refresh my memory?

Here you go: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1634.php

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Yarott

All I can say is... Wildy has a very strong stomach for an almost-prone drunk. And being drunk is more than just how your brain makes you act, like how most fiction just writes it up to be. Nice to see Chazore in action, too! Even if what might see from her for a while longer is chaperoning those two from trouble. Good luck, Chaz. And remember, they didn't paid you enough!

Raskahn

Friggin' heck Amber. DMFA has taken the 9 o'clock express to awesome-ville.
The plot, dare I say, is thickening. 

PhycoKrusk

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 20, 2017, 07:14:04 AM
That said, I am wondering if Jyrras will attempt some kind of three laws trick. e.g. "If Abel dies, I'll kill myself and you'll have failed."
Would only work if it was a threat he'd actually carry through with, and based on everything else, Chaz almost certainly has enough information to know that any threat like that would be empty.

Where things will get interesting is when Jyrras has enough presence of mind to really think about the fact that Zinvth sent someone specifically to babysit him, because then he's going to wonder exactly why, and he may even start putting together some of the other pieces (like him being named most eligible bachelor), and he'll again wonder exactly why.

Eventually, the gods rose up against the titans.