2017/04/24 [EP 15-10] You... Stocktaker...

Started by rwstyles, April 28, 2017, 10:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwstyles

Just so you know, I can't prove it, but that sort of alignment, the ones digit all lining up like that is terribly trivial in Cobol.  So that program might really be 200 years old.   

EDIT: Added date and title -TW

Tapewolf

Quote from: rwstyles on April 28, 2017, 10:55:51 AM
Just so you know, I can't prove it, but that sort of alignment, the ones digit all lining up like that is terribly trivial in Cobol.  So that program might really be 200 years old.   

Quite likely.  Jayhawk still runs some flavour of VMS on VAX systems, whether The Professor does the same, or whether he's running MVS on System/370, I wouldn't like to say...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 28, 2017, 11:10:45 AM
Quote from: rwstyles on April 28, 2017, 10:55:51 AM

Quite likely.  Jayhawk still runs some flavour of VMS on VAX systems, whether The Professor does the same, or whether he's running MVS on System/370, I wouldn't like to say...

Dang, MVS? I used to work with that some 3 years ago....yeah that company hadn't invested much in their warehouse system.