2017-03-31 [DMFA #1742] - The magic of dating

Started by Tapewolf, March 31, 2017, 06:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, I guess that confirms that.  I seriously wonder what kind of mental shift happened in Abel's head for this to become a thing, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

katasev

Hogtied and shanghaied aboard the SS Jyrrabel! Furrae's newest power-couple cruise ship!

Hehe, but no, seriously. I think it might just be a case of curiosity on Abel's part, to see what it's like to give a greater weight of intimacy and trust to another being. He's never really been able to open himself up since he landed in the academy, and his time before that was (a) really a rather long time ago, honestly, and (b) sort of horribly marred by tragedy. Sooo yeah. :T  I think even if he's not really interested in a *particularly* "romantic" relationship he still wants to try some baby steps towards being more open. (exhibit a - doing the exact same stuff as they'd already planned, but now it's a date, which makes it special) Though of course, as pointed out in the forums when their conversation started, asexual does not equal aromantic so he may very well be interested in the whole "let's try this cuddling and being there for each other" thing. As much as he puts on a jerk persona, touch starvation is a thing people actually experience and he is after all a nice and squishy guy underneath. (exhibit b - "I'm the only Cubi at Lost Lake"; exhibit c - Jyrras's nose boop of him)

justacritic

Silly Abel, things become special because you choose them to become so.

Hariman

Augh! The cute! Kill it with fire!

Wait. I actually like Jyrras. Hold the cute at bay with fire instead! No burning! Burning means No Cookie!

Also, I did not expect the dating twist. Not sure where this is going, beyond more trouble, and a new couple in the comic.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Tuyu

I wonder whether anyone is surreptitiously taking photos of them right now.

Cassi-kun

I like how Abel's chosen alternative use of time is to play with the hand-dryers. I guess that's another type of tech that SAIA hasn't gotten its hands on yet.

I imagine he'd have been quite startled the first time, though. Those things're friggin' loud, yo D:
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Merlin

Quote from: Tuyu on April 01, 2017, 12:01:27 AM
I wonder whether anyone is surreptitiously taking photos of them right now.

Oh man I hope Chicki is stealthing somewhere in the back >:3

Puyon

Quote from: Cassi-kun on April 01, 2017, 02:18:12 AM
I like how Abel's chosen alternative use of time is to play with the hand-dryers. I guess that's another type of tech that SAIA hasn't gotten its hands on yet.

I imagine he'd have been quite startled the first time, though. Those things're friggin' loud, yo D:

Ever run across those hand dryers that are forceful enough to move your skin? Or the ones where you gotta dip down your hands and they get dried from both sides? I'll be honest, I was mystified when I encountered these brand new hand dryers so I totally get where Abel is coming from playing with them.

I bet the hand dryers on Furrae are better than a lot of the ones on Earth. Furry hands are probably harder to dry when you've got hand dryers with the same amount of force as someone softly breathing on your hands.
...By Puyon

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Puyon on April 01, 2017, 08:37:17 AM
I bet the hand dryers on Furrae are better than a lot of the ones on Earth. Furry hands are probably harder to dry when you've got hand dryers with the same amount of force as someone softly breathing on your hands.

Not necessarily. Everything in Furrae seems to have some magic involved with it; there's probably a "drying" enchantment out there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on April 01, 2017, 01:49:27 PM
Not necessarily. Everything in Furrae seems to have some magic involved with it; there's probably a "drying" enchantment out there.

With 'Cubi in particular, someone who's got the hang of shapeshifting their fur could temporarily go bald so the water just plops onto the ground or runs off their skin.
But it's probably not something you'd want to do in public.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 01, 2017, 03:13:38 PM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on April 01, 2017, 01:49:27 PM

With 'Cubi in particular, someone who's got the hang of shapeshifting their fur could temporarily go bald so the water just plops onto the ground or runs off their skin.
But it's probably not something you'd want to do in public.
I'm imagining something more along the lines of "rippling" a thin/combed protrusion through the fur to sorta squeegee it out, they'd just have to do it over the sink.

As for how a magic hand dryer would work, it would likely be a heat spell or water-attracting spell.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cassi-kun on April 02, 2017, 06:16:49 PM
As for how a magic hand dryer would work, it would likely be a heat spell or water-attracting spell.

Water-attraction might be the best bet, otherwise your fur might puff up.

kaizerisms

This is making me so happy!!! I'm excited to see where this relationship goes, and I really hope Abel still identifies as asexual cuz it's really hard to find representation for romantic aces like myself! :boogie