2017/04/11 [DD 62] - Vampire slaying HOWTO

Started by Tapewolf, April 11, 2017, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Blood is black in the moonlight - when I pierced the heart of my betrothed
Blood is black in the moonlight - Her undead gaze gleaming ire upon me
Blood is black in the moonlight - I held aloft her head to my grim gods
Blood is black in the moonlight - And ever I am thwarted by the dark!

-Bal Sagoth, 'Thwarted by the Dark'

You really, really need to make sure that the person is actually a vampire before lopping their head off and putting a stake through their heart.
Otherwise you may end up in a similar condition.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

You know, I could swear any of those three things on their own could kill a vampire. I've only heard of the wooden stakes thing...would forcing her into the sunlight kill her too? And if she's only indoors during the day time, could a light power use sun magic to kill her? Sounds like it could work...

As a side note, I'd probably also die if you stuffed my mouth full of garlic flowers.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on April 11, 2017, 01:40:59 PM
You know, I could swear any of those three things on their own could kill a vampire. I've only heard of the wooden stakes thing...would forcing her into the sunlight kill her too? And if she's only indoors during the day time, could a light power use sun magic to kill her? Sounds like it could work...
As a side note, I'd probably also die if you stuffed my mouth full of garlic flowers.

"I shall cut off her head and fill her mouth with garlic, and I shall drive a stake through her body." It made me shudder to think of so mutilating the body of the woman whom I had loved. And yet the feeling was not so strong as I had expected. I was, in fact, beginning to shudder at the presence of this being, this Un-Dead, as Van Helsing called it, and to loathe it. Is it possible that love is all subjective, or all objective? - Dracula, 1897 edition

Interesting though the light-power idea is, vampires in the Dracula sense are pretty helpless during daylight but it doesn't actually kill them.  Whether that applies in DHS I have no idea, though it is interesting that Ra has only appeared after dark as far as I can see.

Merlin

Quote from: Puyon on April 11, 2017, 01:40:59 PM

....:V wow I am forgetful this week *hastily updates next page script*

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2017, 03:43:35 PM
"I shall cut off her head and fill her mouth with garlic, and I shall drive a stake through her body." It made me shudder to think of so mutilating the body of the woman whom I had loved. And yet the feeling was not so strong as I had expected. I was, in fact, beginning to shudder at the presence of this being, this Un-Dead, as Van Helsing called it, and to loathe it. Is it possible that love is all subjective, or all objective? - Dracula, 1897 edition

Thaaat's the one! I think one of my old housemates ending up running of with my copy of that book though, I need to pick up another at some point

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on April 11, 2017, 06:17:47 PM
Thaaat's the one! I think one of my old housemates ending up running of with my copy of that book though, I need to pick up another at some point

I don't think I have a printed copy, but it is on Project Gutenberg.  I've read it on my Kindle while flying to AC on more than one occasion...