2017/3/14 [NG+ 299] Fear the Reaper

Started by Tapewolf, March 14, 2017, 08:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, Alistair's done murder since his wings are black.  The fact that the illusion has crashed out makes it look like it's not good news for Grain, but that might simply be a loss of concentration, given that we saw something similar in Peony during the prison break.  Best case is that Darkling and Grain are injured but alive and it's Claw who got topped.  The presence of the Reaper is not a good sign either, but he visited Alistair as well so who knows...

EDIT: An interesting touch is that the middle panel with Alistair and Arthur is darkened around the edges like a vignette.  Is it possible that Alistair is dead but doesn't know it?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Dammit Jinx, you should have just let him die in the first place rather than telling him he was only almost dead. Do your job fox!!

Except don't do it at this moment, I am extremely worried for Break, Darkling, and Grain?? I really hope Jinx pulls some strings here.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

To expand upon the question I asked about Clanners, how much control does the Reaper have over claiming people?
If someone is lying there in several pieces, can Jinx just say "Nah, you'll get better" and go away again?  Okay, I expect Altair would be furious, but apart from that...?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

I don't usually get to write much about the reaper rules, soooo....

People can only see the reaper when they're dead or near death. Jinx is not supposed to hassle the near-dead though (but clearly he sometimes does), he's only meant to lead the actually dead to judgment. For clanners, since they'll be coming back, he's meant to take them immediately to purgatory so they can't have knowledge of what happened while they were dead. He usually does do that, because otherwise it gets complicated and he gets yelled at.

As for regular mortals though, reapers are allowed to mess around with them a bit before moving them on. The last reaper did that a lot because she is a jerk. But sort of subtly, since she hated actually talking to people. Jinx usually doesn't jerk mortals around. Usually.

Lying Foo

Well, killing off half the main cast in one panel worked for Sleepless Domain...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.