2016/09/29 [RE 47.21] Unsporting

Started by Tapewolf, September 30, 2016, 04:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

...and I think 'unsporting' goes for both of them.  Mort for weaselling out of the agreement, and Loki for going into some magical rage afterwards.
I wonder if the Statues will pick up on this?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Very heroic behaviour from neither of them, tut tut. Somebody should send them to some sort of school to learn better

Qwex1

Calling it now. That gray haired pale girl(?) is related to the ones who cursed the Kiborns.
hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!

Puyon

Quote from: Qwex1 on October 02, 2016, 02:49:35 PM
Calling it now. That gray haired pale girl(?) is related to the ones who cursed the Kiborns.

I... honestly hadn't thought of that. I thought since Tella said the Dark Powers the Kiborns fought used all their power to create the curse (source) that it meant they may have all died creating the curse...
I wonder though, if being a Dark Power was a tradition in Jin's family, I'd think she'd be just as zealous as Mort. Jin doesn't really seem to like him and doesn't seem proud to be a Dark Power... after all, we haven't even seen her mark.
...By Puyon

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Qwex1 on October 02, 2016, 02:49:35 PM

Not that it's not possible, but where are you getting that from? I don't see any indication of that.

Qwex1

Well it's mostly wild speculations based on her line in panel 14 of 47.19 "that idiot didn't do nothing"(of the killings of the kiborn) indicating she knows who did it and that Mortimer isn't part of them.
The simplest way she would know that is that she is related to the ones who did it and the story has been past down the generations.
I'm also kind of assuming it's a family vs family thing and that girl(don't know her name) also locks kind of drained, maybe the curse still need power and takes it from the descendants.
hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!

Puyon

Her name is Jim Colfer and... As far as wild speculations go... it's a very interesting one and I know just enough nothing that it sounds completely plausible.

So I'm gonna dig up a few things... when Merlin first posted Jin's character art on tumblr, she said this about Jin:

QuoteTentatively named Jin Colfer, she's an excessively shy Dark Power who clearly doesn't get enough sleep. I could post more of a backstory but... maybe in two years.

Which then (Feb 2015), to me meant she either didn't have the details of Jin's backstory figured out or that there was some prime spoilery content in telling the backstory then.

But also then she answered an ask about what God she would follow if she lived in LaRaGa and related herself to Jin:

QuoteOh, haha, I think I've been sprung! One of the new students (Jin Colfer) has a backstory that's pretty much "what would I have been like if I was in LaRaGa".

I probably would have been raised a Jude follower! But then I had a pretty rough time in school, and am great at making terrible decisions, so I probably would have turned to a powerful goddess for protection. So at the moment I imagine I would have ended up primarily following Luna, the Moon Goddess. Still would pray to other gods (mostly Jude) though.

While Merlin probably didn't perfectly insert herself as Jin Colfer, it does make me wonder if Jin's process of becoming a dark power could have gone something like the aforementioned description. Of course, if Jin wasn't raised a dark power, it doesn't mean it's not in the family still. Who knows, maybe her family found shame in their ancestors actions that they decided to end being Dark Powers. But further down the line, Jin reconnected the Dark Power roots despite knowing the family history...

In the end, though, this is all just wild speculation on my part... we'll probably learn more about her in Random Encounter or eventually in Dhark's Hero Stories.
...By Puyon