Go Spider-Man!!! save us with your giant robot!!!!

Started by Jack McSlay, September 16, 2006, 01:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Manawolf

It's been reaffirmed time and time again.  Japanese TV execs are crazy, along with the rest of their staff.

Zedd

Series that shouldnt ever happened...#32 Spiderman japan or Go spiderman go

Rowne

Does anyone really ever wonder how their minds work?  I can't help but envision a bunch of suit encrusted businessmen sitting around in a conference room, discussing their next victim ...

What about Dilbert?

... what about it?

He could make for an interesting Japanese hero, a hero of the working class!

Nah.  Dilbert's just not all that interesting.

Well, we could give him a giant robot, the Papercopier X, which he uses to fight the Bossmachine.  Dilbert with a giant robot ... yes?

Yes.  Yes!  It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Okay, how about the Turtles?

Ehh ...

What if we gave them the ability to turn into super-powered Manturtles, who could form into a Saint-like robot?

Oh, hey!  I like that, get right on it!

We've also been wondering about the X-Men ...

It's only a bunch of people with super-powers, not that interesting, is it?

Well see, they have this plane and we were thinking the plane could turn into a giant robot.

Yes, of course!  WONDERFUL!  I'll fund that in a heart beat.

Aridas

The later games in the Goemon series prove that someone somewhere just has to have a giant robot... or lots of people.

.......And how can something be encrusted with a suit?

Zedd

Rowne

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 16, 2006, 02:43:23 AM.......And how can something be encrusted with a suit?

You'd be surprised, you honestly would.

Leafar

i think they have an amazing imagination and they are not affraid to show it...

Rowne

No doubt.

I'm just amused at how they take just about anything and put robots in it.  Somehow they can do this and make it work.

The only thing they might not be able to do it with is DMFA.  Dan with an Eva would not be wise, at least not without completely changing his persona.

Vidar

One of the rules of japanese tv-series: there is a giant robot, no exception. It's like rule 34 of the internet, except with robots.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

ITOS

Quote from: Rowne on September 16, 2006, 03:15:04 AM
The only thing they might not be able to do it with is DMFA. Dan with an Eva would not be wise, at least not without completely changing his persona.

But Jyrras had a giant robot...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

LionHeart

Quote from: Vidar on September 16, 2006, 03:23:31 AM
One of the rules of japanese tv-series: there is a giant robot, no exception. It's like rule 34 of the internet, except with robots.

I think it's more like the Laws of Anime...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Jack McSlay

Giant robots for japanese people is like bread: everything can go well with it, and I can't cease to agree myself  :mowtongue

Rowne

Quote from: ITOS on September 16, 2006, 04:43:26 AMBut Jyrras had a giant robot...

This is true.  However, Dan wouldn't exactly know how to pilot one.  Personally, I see an "Ooh, buttons!" scenario.  Then I see 600 nuclear missiles headed for Lost Lake.

xHaZxMaTx

Rowne

In Japan, having a gigantic robot or loving gigantic robots is more important than say, having hair or wearing clothes.  In fact, you could be bald and quite naked but providing you were piloting a giant robot down the street, nobody would really care.  In fact, they'd likely give you your own television show.

Look out!  ...here comes Baldnaked Man.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 17, 2006, 12:09:06 AMWhy would spiderman need a giant robot? :|
I was talking to a friend another day and he mentioned that once marvel attempted to team um Spiderman with the autobots... go figure...  :mowtongue

Rowne

There've actually been quite a few Marvel Heroes / Transformers crossovers, it's because Marvel had the comic rights for a good, long while.  They didn't do a bad job of it, either.

Some Marvel crossovers were bad, others were utter genius.  The Death's Head 2 crossover was one of the latter.  I loved that.  Wolverine attacks DH2 and DH2's armour is made of a superstrong future metal, so strong that one of Wolvy's claws snap.

And Wolverine stands there for a moment, looking at the snapped claw and finally says ...

Well, there's a novelty.