2016/06/27 [DMFA #1675] Doesn't that count as product abuse?

Started by ChaosMageX, June 27, 2016, 05:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

I mean, that customer even openly admitted to purposefully damaging the product, so I would think it would fall under a product abuse exception to the return policy...unless this store doesn't have that exception.  I mean, Miss Kate obviously has such a short return period in order to cut down on the wardrobing type of return fraud, so one would assume she also has a product abuse exception, and if not, she's probably about to add one. ;)

Still, I'm a bit surprised the customer didn't at least try the old excuses, "it was like this when I bought it" and "it broke when I got home", but then again that particular customer doesn't seem very smart.

Did anyone else imagine her talking like a "valley girl" with the classic valleyspeak sociolect? :giggle I even find myself inserting a few "like"s into her speech bubbles. :3

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

I have to wonder what Demons were like before tens of thousands of years of selection pressure weeded out the ultra-impulsive ones.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aurawyn

Quote from: ChaosMageX on June 27, 2016, 05:50:43 AM
I mean, that customer even openly admitted to purposefully damaging the product, so I would think it would fall under a product abuse exception to the return policy...unless this store doesn't have that exception.  I mean, Miss Kate obviously has such a short return period in order to cut down on the wardrobing type of return fraud, so one would assume she also has a product abuse exception, and if not, she's probably about to add one. ;)

Heehee As I read that last panel that was what I was thinking too.. my Retail experience kicked in.. and I was like.. Wait.. No, You can't return something unless its resell able, I don't even think Miss Kate would have to have an abuse exception to be able to tell this girl No she can't return it.. but then I/we Might be thinking about it too hard

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurawyn on June 27, 2016, 09:27:26 AM
Heehee As I read that last panel that was what I was thinking too.. my Retail experience kicked in.. and I was like.. Wait.. No, You can't return something unless its resell able, I don't even think Miss Kate would have to have an abuse exception to be able to tell this girl No she can't return it.. but then I/we Might be thinking about it too hard

They have a 'You break, you buy' policy which as per p.770 covers the building as well.  If you can simply return goods because you broke them, Kria would be in for a refund on those doors.

Lying Foo

I can't help but wonder whether her busy schedule of harassing Matilda left Kate any time to eat...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The issue is not that the customer is going to get their way. The issue is that Miss Kate is trying to figure out which orifice she is going to insert the ripped off items into. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kalatash

The detail that I am noticing is that the customer's back pants pockets are triangles. Is that something done in real life?

...I will not apologize for staring at her ass.
"According to the Bible, the sheep were foaling."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kalatash on June 28, 2016, 03:03:32 PM
The detail that I am noticing is that the customer's back pants pockets are triangles. Is that something done in real life?

Men's jackets sometimes have these fake things which look like pockets but aren't.  Next to that, I'd take triangular ones any day.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Kalatash on June 28, 2016, 03:03:32 PM

...I will not apologize for staring at her ass.
Decorative faux pockets. Absolutely a thing. I hate fashion.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

DarkwingDude

Is it really wise to infuriate a creature who's body is literally designed to crush people?