2016/06/24 [DMFA #1674] Not easy being Demon

Started by Tapewolf, June 24, 2016, 07:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Interesting that a Demon's initial reactions are usually violent.  It sounds a lot like the "seemed like a good idea at the time" effect 'Cubi have.  Perhaps the differences are less than we thought.

I'm curious now if Angels have a similar instinct and if so whether it manifests differently.

EDIT: Also... ferrets in tight clothing.  That could have interesting artistic possibilities.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Somebodyelse

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 24, 2016, 07:30:13 AM
I'm curious now if Angels have a similar instinct and if so whether it manifests differently.

Probably overplanning things to a comical extreme.

"What? That guy short changed me?! I'll show him by opening up my own store, making it immensely popular to the point of putting him out of business, then when he inevitably must come to my store I'll only give him back HALF of his change MWAHAHA!"

AzureEdge

You know, it makes sense that a Demon's first choice of reaction to anything is Violence. Just look at the two times we've seen inside Kria's head where she chose shopping instead of violence.

justacritic

So would the scale of creature reactions go something like this?

Demon:Violence
Cubi:Impulse
Angel:Scheming
Dragon: Showboating
Fae: Anything they darn want
Undead:Meh

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: justacritic on June 24, 2016, 06:00:51 PM
Undead:Meh

Oh, no. The Undead wouldn't be caught dead without making a pun. It would be a grave mistake to assume otherwise, you know.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cassi-kun

And we have seen reference to Lorenda eating people in her earlier appearances. That's how she wound up living with Jyrras after all - she got kicked out because she'd eaten her neighbors and no one else would move in for fear of being eaten.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Saist

Curse you Amber! And here I had managed to forget that Ferret's Capability for PbAOE Corset Stuns!

mithril

Quote from: Somebodyelse on June 24, 2016, 08:25:53 AM

Probably overplanning things to a comical extreme.

"What? That guy short changed me?! I'll show him by opening up my own store, making it immensely popular to the point of putting him out of business, then when he inevitably must come to my store I'll only give him back HALF of his change MWAHAHA!"
would that make Dark Pegagus a half demon/half angel?  :P

EDIT: Also... ferrets in tight clothing.  That could have interesting artistic possibilities.

i'm hoping we get a good look of whatever outfit Wildy builds around that Corset later.

ChaosMageX

So, all demons are basically born short-tempered?  That's how I read this page, anyway.

Does that also mean that percussive maintenance is often a first resort for demons rather than a last resort whenever it comes to a malfunctioning device? :giggle

Also, it's interesting that Ferret Furres return the ability of their feral counterparts to compress their rib cages.  The same probably applies to other mustelid and rodent species of Furres as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if Photophie is also able to put on a corset on her own.

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on June 27, 2016, 05:38:28 PM
Does that also mean that percussive maintenance is often a first resort for demons rather than a last resort whenever it comes to a malfunctioning device? :giggle

... Also for malfunctioning people. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears