2016/06/06 [DMFA #1670] Getting to the pointy

Started by Tapewolf, June 06, 2016, 07:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I wonder how Wildy's going to take it when it turns out Dan cut a deal with DP.
Of course, she might already know and be looking to take matters into her own hands...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Konnash

Uh-oh... I'm getting the idea where all this chat is going..

Both ferrets evily smiling on last strip, and Wildy all toothy and clawy now....

It looks like (almost certain that) and Wildy is looking for her revenge

Perhaps Lorenda is safe as they started to talk about Regina

Tapewolf

Quote from: Konnash on June 06, 2016, 07:52:17 AM
Both ferrets evily smiling on last strip, and Wildy all toothy and clawy now....
It looks like (almost certain that) and Wildy is looking for her revenge
Perhaps Lorenda is safe as they started to talk about Regina

Well, Ephrael is a Tasmanian Devil, but yes.  That Wildly might have brought her along as extra muscle for taking out Regina while Dan's off studying... that's an interesting idea.

DarkwingDude

I keep waiting for the big reveal to show Wildy has secretly been masterminding every evil plot in this setting...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: DarkwingDude on June 06, 2016, 09:04:03 AM
I keep waiting for the big reveal to show Wildy has secretly been masterminding every evil plot in this setting...

If it was revealed, she wouldn't be masterminding it, now, would she? :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

themunck

So....does Wildy know this "Regina" is the demon that killed her mom (I don't remember if Dan mentioned it when he learned who she was), and is fishing for her location, or is this how Wildy will learn the target of her revenge is related to Lorenda?

Tapewolf

Quote from: themunck on June 06, 2016, 10:32:29 AM
So....does Wildy know this "Regina" is the demon that killed her mom
From her expression, I think so.

Sid

That last panel is a prime example why I always look forward to seeing Wildy in the comic. :)
:boogie

mithril

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2016, 10:55:44 AM
So....does Wildy know this "Regina" is the demon that killed her mom
From her expression, I think so.

i get the feeling she didn't know that said regina was related to Lorenda, Kria, or Dark Pegasus. and this is her kneejerk reaction to the possibility*, and Lorenda, clueless as to what happened in regard to wildy's family** is about to provide enough info to confirm it. probably by relating the Regina/Dan encounter thing at Kria's place.

so the next update should be interesting, one way or another.

*(Edit: TK proved me wrong, see below)
**remember Dan didn't mention Wildy's family, just that Regina had killed a bunch of people and that caused him to swear he'd become an adventurer to destroy her. and Regina didn't stick around to explain, and her explanation to DP was pretty short on actual details, enough so that he couldn't explain it to Kria. so Lorenda doesn't realize she's talking to one of the survivors and emotional victims of Regina's rampage.

TK

So....does Wildy know this "Regina" is the demon that killed her mom (I don't remember if Dan mentioned it when he learned who she was),

I'm gonna go with yes, definitely. C'mon guys, it's like you don't remember in vivid details comics from six years ago. What's up with that?

Somebodyelse

Uh oh, Wildy. Not a good idea.

If you start asking Regina's family about her there's a chance you'll start to understand her, and if you start to understand her you might not be so keen on indiscriminate vengeance against her anymore.

I mean, Wildy was already having a crisis of conscience about revenge in general before.

justacritic

Quote from: Somebodyelse on June 06, 2016, 06:07:41 PM
Uh oh, Wildy. Not a good idea.

If you start asking Regina's family about her there's a chance you'll start to understand her, and if you start to understand her you might not be so keen on indiscriminate vengeance against her anymore.

I mean, Wildy was already having a crisis of conscience about revenge in general before.

Hey understanding someone can also make a revenge more potent. After all there are fates worse than death out there.

ChaosMageX

For the sake of reference, Wildy got her plans for revenge rolling by calling up Biggs, but then expressed her crisis of conscience and convinced him to not to act after finding Regina until she sorted her headspace, which I'm guessing she's either in the process of doing with this conversation, or she's already done it, given her expression in the last panel.

Edit: I thought I'd provide links since it took me a while to find these pages, given how there's no chapter organization in the current website's archive beyond chapter 30, and absolutely none whatsoever on the KatBox website, at least none that I can find aside from the outright useless archive that's organized by year.

Icon by Sunblink

Caswin

Have you seen blood in the moonlight, Wildy?

It appears quite black.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Snufkin

Quote from: ChaosMageX on June 06, 2016, 07:49:00 PM
For the sake of reference, Wildy got her plans for revenge rolling by calling up Biggs, but then expressed her crisis of conscience and convinced him to not to act after finding Regina until she sorted her headspace, which I'm guessing she's either in the process of doing with this conversation, or she's already done it, given her expression in the last panel.

Edit: I thought I'd provide links since it took me a while to find these pages, given how there's no chapter organization in the current website's archive beyond chapter 30, and absolutely none whatsoever on the KatBox website, at least none that I can find aside from the outright useless archive that's organized by year.

It may not have been mentioned for a while, but there is a dialog search page for DMFA at http://www.littlelevers.com/dmfa/dmfasearch.php.