2016/05/23 [DMFA #1666] Surprise your date with a new outfit!

Started by Delian Williams, May 23, 2016, 09:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delian Williams

Best stalking since Louis Tully from Ghostbusters.

Technically there are four arms and four legs in that last panel. It only gets weird if you look closer.

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Prroul

I suppose Matilda does represent something of a Mt Everest for a bodice designer, coupled with the lure of the forbidden... yea, I can see this happening. And being the owner of the establishment, she can actually make good on those deals.

But hey, she's being polite and only grabbing with the hands, no coils involved.

MT Hazard

Its not often that nudists become fashion victims.

I do wonder if Mythos worry about wearing clothes as a slippery slope. One day your just wearing a scarf, then before you know it your wearing multiple layers in the middle of summer and scared of being naked.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 24, 2016, 11:15:13 AM

I do wonder if Mythos worry about wearing clothes as a slippery slope. One day your just wearing a scarf, then before you know it your wearing multiple layers in the middle of summer and scared of being naked.

I can't help but think of the QftR about jewelry that Matilda answered. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ArchTeryx

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 24, 2016, 11:15:13 AM

They could always be like the ponies in MLP.  They're perfectly content to go around naked most of the time, but for formal affairs or specific purposes, they'll don clothes.

Cassi-kun

Matilda does have her belt and brooch combo, so it's clear she's not completely opposed to being non-nude.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Dracologist

I don't get it.  Isn't the reason that we, as a society, wear clothing because we're made to due to nudity being obscene and offensive to others?  I remember that Amber released that one side comic a while back about how some towns don't require people to wear clothing, but if that's the case then why does anyone?  If society isn't forcing them to wear clothes then why wear them at all?  Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dracologist on May 26, 2016, 10:58:46 AM
I don't get it.  Isn't the reason that we, as a society, wear clothing because we're made to due to nudity being obscene and offensive to others?  I remember that Amber released that one side comic a while back about how some towns don't require people to wear clothing, but if that's the case then why does anyone?  If society isn't forcing them to wear clothes then why wear them at all?  Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong.

Society is not homogenous, here or in DMFA.  A number of countries in the Middle East consider certain modes of dress offensive and/or illegal.  Victorian society in the UK was particularly prudish and considered it shameful to expose too much skin.
Given that Furrae seems to be a fractured mass of kingdoms and city-states with contradictory laws, I don't think it's a stretch to expect that many of them have radically different views on what counts as obscene, especially when you have such a variety of body types added to the equation.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu

Quote from: Cassi-kun on May 25, 2016, 08:16:24 PM
Matilda does have her belt and brooch combo, so it's clear she's not completely opposed to being non-nude.

However, the primary reason she even owns that belt is apparently because pockets.
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1076.php

Aside:  Matilda quasi-cameo in The Eye of Ramalach