2016/05/09 [DMFA #1663] Do you know anyone who might want to kill you...?

Started by Tapewolf, May 09, 2016, 05:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, things are slowly getting to the point.  It'll be interesting to see how Abel and Priss take the news.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

DarkwingDude

Interesting that Abel was so concerned with being the victim of another race's bigotry that he ended up committing a hate crime himself by attacking Pyroduck without provocation... hate begets hate, I'm assuming?

AzureEdge

Quote from: DarkwingDude on May 09, 2016, 08:17:54 AM
Interesting that Abel was so concerned with being the victim of another race's bigotry that he ended up committing a hate crime himself by attacking Pyroduck without provocation... hate begets hate, I'm assuming?
To be fair, most dragons, upon discovering Abel might kill him and take his head to Hizel for some kind of reward as the is the last of Siar's Clan... or capture him alive and give Hizel the pleasure of doing it himself.

Delian Williams

Abel and Pyroduck
Well, Fa'Lina warned Abel, everyone at Lost Lake except for Mab would be dead in less then a month, unless he accompanied Dan. So when he found a live dragon there... I'm still amazed Dan managed to break up that fight.

Free will
Oh man, Mab was so enthusiastic about Jyrras' tech revolution and now it seems to be all caught up in Destania's mad plans of revenge. When she foresaw Jy-Jy to build a game changer weapon to turn the tides for beings, it really looked like Furrae might become a safer place for them. But as long as his weapon depends on some genocidal duo to supply magic-free metal bits (hopefully not), I don't see how much good can come from this. To be honest, I'm starting to worry if Dee found a way to block out the Fae's vision as well. That would be so tragic, if Biggs was the party on the creature council Mab overlooked. I mean, come on, Fa'Lina and Mab are doing everything to make sure guys like Jyrras and Abel have a choice, and here's Dee along with Biggs sneaking up on them again. Just no.

Azlan
On a different note: Anyone remember where Azlan went off to? Last thing I heard was he was about to get his wedding ring back in exchange for being Wildy's personal slave for a while. <speculation> So my guess is he finally went home to Neni and she is keeping him very close now. And with all those incidents Neni is prone to cause, he might not want to bring her along to Lost Lake. Hmm... come to think of it, maybe that's the solution to it all: Twenty bottles of liquor, one red dragon and some taur sisters were destroyed that day. And that was the last time I took Neni to Lost Lake. </speculation>

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Qwex1

About Mab:
She chooses to not use her omniscence while in furrare so hiding from her won't be a problem
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1347.php
hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!

Razmoudah

So, did anyone else notice that Jyrras didn't seem to be aware that Pyroduck was a dragon?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Razmoudah on May 09, 2016, 06:34:40 PM
So, did anyone else notice that Jyrras didn't seem to be aware that Pyroduck was a dragon?

What I'm seeing here is Jyrras choking on his sandwich as soon as the D-word comes up, which isn't surprising given what he's just learned.
What he probably doesn't know is that Abel has most likely faded from Fa'Lina's sight by now.  Given Abel's obvious nervousness on the subject, I have no clue how he will react when he's told that he's got the baddest dragon of the lot after him.

justacritic

Also while Abel was told he would encounter a dragon, there's not much on how many times that occurrence would be popping up.

Razmoudah

Hmmmm.....I can see it as a double choke, one for finding out that Pyroduck is a dragon (remember, only Dan's sister knew that, no one else did) and another for finding out that Abel was expecting problems with a dragon.  However, I expect the revelation of Abel expecting Dragon troubles didn't fully sink in until after hearing that Pyroduck was a dragon and that just caused on massive choke instead.

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on May 09, 2016, 07:13:44 PM
Also while Abel was told he would encounter a dragon, there's not much on how many times that occurrence would be popping up.

Don't forget that Fa'Lina's foresight only lasts for a couple of months after a person leaves the academy, so there is a definite limit to how many encounters she could foresee.

Tuyu

I don't even see it as choking.

I see it as Jyrras filling his mouth with sammitch to keep from screaming/squeaking/etc.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tuyu on May 11, 2016, 11:44:23 AM
I don't even see it as choking.

I see it as Jyrras filling his mouth with sammitch to keep from screaming/squeaking/etc.

^ That's what I was thinking.

Razmoudah

No, that's more like trying to take a surprised gasp with a mouth full of food.