2016/04/27 [NG+ 213] As above, not so below

Started by Tapewolf, April 27, 2016, 10:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Sounds like a charming place.  Scum at the bottom, and excessive wealth at the top.

I'm kind of curious now - what happens if one of the ultra-wealthy gets darkwinged?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 27, 2016, 10:42:41 AM
Sounds like a charming place.  Scum at the bottom, and excessive wealth at the top.

I'm kind of curious now - what happens if one of the ultra-wealthy gets darkwinged?

Never happen. They have people for that sort of thing, you know. Also, the two words that leap into mind are "dye job". If you have the money, everything is flexible...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 27, 2016, 11:36:36 AM
Never happen. They have people for that sort of thing, you know.

That would be for murder.  Accidentally killing someone also gives you neat goth wings, as Dark is well aware.

QuoteAlso, the two words that leap into mind are "dye job". If you have the money, everything is flexible...
Quite.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 27, 2016, 12:32:07 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 27, 2016, 11:36:36 AM
Never happen. They have people for that sort of thing, you know.
That would be for murder.  Accidentally killing someone also gives you neat goth wings, as Dark is well aware.

They also have people for doing that sort of risky thing that might involve accidentally killing people, for that matter. But okay, I can see that being somewhat more likely.

The aforementioned dye job would cover that situation, I reckon. In fact, you'd probably see that sort of thing going on for anyone who happened to maybe be born to a rich family but with slightly darker shaded wings, rather than just pure white. Shades of the sort of southern American situations displayed in the movie Django, really. Not a good time to be alive, unless you happened to be on the top. :-/

Puyon

My god, llearch, get out of my head. I have something drafted that has featheries and all ways they can find be elitist to each other... including just being a few shades off-white.
...By Puyon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Puyon on April 28, 2016, 01:33:24 PM
My god, llearch, get out of my head. I have something drafted that has featheries and all ways they can find be elitist to each other... including just being a few shades off-white.

Erm. Sorry, I was just throwing ideas about. I've been feeling mildly cynical about politicians and things, on back of reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Possibly also leftovers from people waving GoT in my face as well, which I kinda wish I hadn't read, really. Entirely too depressing...