2016/04/11 [DMFA #1656] - Control is hanging by a thread

Started by Tapewolf, April 11, 2016, 07:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, I'm impressed that she managed to not murder him there and then.  Someone recently posited that they are using Abel as bait to lure Hizell.  This is a reasonable supposition.  In fact, Hizell himself has realised this and is assuming it is a trap owing to the presence of Mab (1452).

Either way, whether as their lever to influence Jyrras, bait for Hizell or both, Biggs seems to have made Abel the lynch-pin, which means that they can't afford to lose him at this stage.  And that may explain Destania's frustrations, that she was so close to being able to murder him but knowing that she couldn't as it would destroy her wider plan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kibin

I don't think the plans are specifically to do with Abel. Even Dan would be enough for Jyrras to protect, I'd think. The fey appearing was coincidental, and possibly planned by Pip as Pip knows everything that has and is going to happen. Thus why Mab was coincidentally outside 'scaring off customers with a water hose' at the exact moment that Hizell was scrying on the inn.

HaDDea

I wonder what events caused the demise of Desks 1 and 2...

Razmoudah

Better to take her frustrations out on the desk then her boss.  It'd be much harder to carry out her plans without him.  Also, Biggs buys large desks, and they are probably very solid and sturdy, so it would take a bit of effort to destroy one, making it a rather satisfying exertion with minimal consequences.

Tuyu

But did the mug survive this time?   :mowhappy

Just one reason I can think of why he'd teleport them back to his office...it must be the most secure spot he knows against unwanted observation.

Otherwise, he probably knows of a rock quarry or old mine where he could take Dee to vent her frustrations.

Mithramuse

Yarott

Quote from: Tuyu on April 11, 2016, 05:11:14 PM
But did the mug survive this time?   :mowhappy

Just one reason I can think of why he'd teleport them back to his office...it must be the most secure spot he knows against unwanted observation.

Otherwise, he probably knows of a rock quarry or old mine where he could take Dee to vent her frustrations.
I feel like the fate of the mug needs addressing. I only have six mugs for many uses, and I would feel a bit... bitter if one would break. As for Biggs, he should avoid discussing coffee in sensitive company. It can make for a heated and strong debate.  :)

Delian Williams

Quote from: Tuyu on April 11, 2016, 05:11:14 PM
But did the mug survive this time?   :mowhappy

Hmm... I wonder if putting a mug back together out of shards (inverting a mad amount of entropy) is one of the more challenging things to do with magic.

Look at all the energy Destania got after that encounter... so if her affinity is pain, does that make Abel a royal pain in the butt? *badum-tish*

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.