2016/04/01 [TT #14] Doom Town (or Sodom and Gomorrah)

Started by Tapewolf, April 01, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

http://dhscomix.com/index.php?p=fools8
http://dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=46&p=2

Not quite sure who the second Cute Guy is, (Nigel?) but overall it came out brilliantly.  Thank you so much, and I'm sorry it took so long to draw...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

I was laughing the whole way through, I loved this one. My favorite part being that lady tricksters who like other ladies are A-Okay.
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

Um... Peony?  Are you feeling okay?  Only this time you've come up with such a strange concept, I wonder if you should lie down...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on April 01, 2016, 12:40:02 PM
I was laughing the whole way through, I loved this one. My favorite part being that lady tricksters who like other ladies are A-Okay.

I don't remember finding anything in the Bible against that.  It only seems to state that two guys lying together is a crime and abomination.

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 01, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

Not quite sure who the second Cute Guy is, (Nigel?) but overall it came out brilliantly.  Thank you so much, and I'm sorry it took so long to draw...

Daxxon and Jerry with super-long hair. Harder to tell without their lovely colours!

Lying Foo

Just don't you screw it up by breaking Clock's heart.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 01, 2016, 10:40:03 PM

Just don't you screw it up by breaking Clock's heart.

Wait what

Am... am I gay for Emelia?
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

Tapewolf

Fun Facts:
*It wasn't until after Merlin had published the strip (forgetting to transition from day to night) that I realised it would actually take Abraham about 6 days and nights to talk Phoenix down to 11 people.  The 'several days later' caption was added as a result.
*Lot's eagerness to prostitute his daughters (and later shag them) always struck me as morally questionable, but is right there in the Bible.
*Jonathan King recorded a novelty record in 1978 under the pseudonym "Father Abraphart and the Smurps"
*Yes, the nuclear device is from Stargate.
*In the Bible, Lot's wife supposedly turned into a pillar of salt on seeing the LORD destroy the city.  It has been argued that this may be a garbled account of the effect seen in Hiroshima where people caught in the blast were vaporised but left their shadows etched into the walls.  If we assume that Sodom and Gomorrah dimly recalls a real event, and we also assume more conventional explanations than God or a long-lost nuclear civilisation, it may be an account of a meteor strike on the city, which would release similar energies.

Deleted scenes:
*In the original script, Phoenix disappears after talking to Abraham, with the words "And people wonder why I hate dealing with mortals..."
*Phoenix' Angels originally took Lot to the border in a more rushed manner, dragging them along.  At the border was a sign saying "Welcome to (some place) - Warning: Tricksters will be hanged or beheaded" (referencing back to one of the earlier panels)
*There was also a panel near the end where Lot talks about banging his daughters now his wife is gone.  I can't say I blame Merlin for removing that one, on the other hand, it is in the Bible.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Merlin on April 01, 2016, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 01, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

Not quite sure who the second Cute Guy is, (Nigel?) but overall it came out brilliantly.  Thank you so much, and I'm sorry it took so long to draw...

Daxxon and Jerry with super-long hair. Harder to tell without their lovely colours!

It's funny... Until I paid attention and saw the rest of his wings, I thought he was Jason! :P