2016/03/25 [DMFA #1652]: Well-informed

Started by Tapewolf, March 25, 2016, 09:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Now that is interesting.  I'd have assumed that if he knew she's tipped off Hizell as to Abel's whereabouts, he would have gone ballistic and terminated their arrangement as he threatened to do earlier.  Hizell attacking the inn is liable to result in his sister's death, after all.
I can only assume that's he's pretending not to know about it for the time being.

The other interesting thing is how Jyrras is going to take confirmation of Abel's theory that Destania was responsible (1376).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AzureEdge

Joke is on Biggs. Abel does know how much danger he is spiraling into to, or at least has an idea of how much considering he knew it was Destania who caused the original attack. Doubt he'd ever expect her to contact Hizel with his location though. Wonder how Alexsi will take this info once Jyrras shares it.

Delian Williams

How did Biggs find out about Dee's anonymous letter to Hizell? From Dee? An inside source among Hizell's ranks? Communication surveillance? Hizell picked up on Dee's authorship of the anonymous letter pretty quickly, so her means of communication may have been flawed. Still, I think it's more likely Biggs confronted Dee with something he learned from the copies Becka sent to him.

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 25, 2016, 09:06:18 AM
I can only assume that he's pretending not to know about it for the time being.
Her learning about Biggs' insights right now might explain Dee's facial expression.

Man, I'm worried about what AzureEdge pointed out... This could pretty much turn Lost Lake into a war zone (again cf. #26). I wonder if all this uncertainty is, what causes impromptu quoting of Steven Universe in Amber.

By the way... are dragons and cubi both on the creature council?
Looks like it from the Demonology pages, but those are pretty outdated...

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Delian Williams on March 25, 2016, 02:12:05 PM
By the way... are dragons and cubi both on the creature council?

When the shadow council first appeared there seemed to be both a tri-wing and a Dragon.  But things seem to have changed internally in the comic since that was made so I'm not sure it can be relied upon.
Even if it is still true, the dragon in question is not likely to be Hizell but some lesser figure.

An interesting and disturbing thing I've just spotted is Biggs' use of the phrase "Hizell would probably kill his own children to get at 'em".  I forget now if Pyroduck's father was ever formally identified but it seems to me a reasonably safe bet.

Delian Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 25, 2016, 02:39:17 PM
I forget now if Pyroduck's father was ever formally identified but it seems to me a reasonably safe bet.
I could leave that to CubiKitsune and the great archive search of 2013 ;3

But it has been implied since by Pyroduck's ("My father [...] took her [Fa'Lina's] entire clan.", #1071)
and Fa'Lina's statements ("Hizell [...] destroyed them all [her clan members] in her [Destania's] stead.", #1586).

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Delian Williams on March 25, 2016, 02:56:28 PM
I could leave that to CubiKitsune and the great archive search of 2013 ;3

Yes, it's been implied for quite a while.  What I can't remember is if it has ever been explicitly confirmed.  I guess not...

killpurakat

Well, given the similarity between the dragon featured here (Hizell):
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1451.php

And Pyroduck's father shown here:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1072.php

And the other facts pointed out previous to my comment (Pyroduck's and Falina's comments), I'd say Hizell is Pyroduck's father.

Which makes the comment of Hizell going through his own children to get to a Cubi he wants to kill all the more chilling, since it implies he will go through Pyroduck (who he already considers lost/dead anyway).

On another note, I just realized the great examples of terrible parenting provided by certain characters in this comic.  :erk Ironically, the characters that I dislike, just giving me more reasons to dislike them.  :P

Cassi-kun

Given Pyro's statement that his father killed Fa'Lina's clan, and Fa'Lina stating that her clan was destroyed by Hizell, I think those two statements together qualify as confirmation.

I swear we've had this conversation before, I remember bringing up how Quoar killed Pyro's mother.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Somebodyelse

I like that first panel with Biggs' left ear being sandwiched between his face and arm.

Nice little touch there.

AzureEdge

Can't believe I didn't mention this in my earlier post but can anyone else hear the last bit of restraint Destania has right now about to snap?

lilpuppy23

I just realized that it looks like Dee is going to rip that magazine in half...