2016/02/26 [DMFA #1646] Those jingle cards aren't cheap.

Started by nevwyn, February 26, 2016, 04:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevwyn

I mean really I tend to find ones that have pop up portions much more common then the jingle as people kill the batteries in them at the store.

I wonder what it plays.

[Fixed title -TW]

Tapewolf

Welp, it definitely seems to be an anti-dragon weapon they're after.  But given that more can come in from the multiverse, simply murdering the ones in Furrae is liable to make things worse, not better.  There must be more to it than this.

I am also curious what Biggs' beef with the dragons is, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

HaDDea

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 26, 2016, 05:18:37 AM
Welp, it definitely seems to be an anti-dragon weapon they're after.  But given that more can come in from the multiverse, simply murdering the ones in Furrae is liable to make things worse, not better.  There must be more to it than this.

I dunno about any beef, but slaying a "major" dragon after slaying a cubi clan leader would probably earn you some maaaaaad respect in the Twink territories... star's gonna shine bright, after all. Having a way to end all but the Fae would be a pretty big deal.

I wonder if one of those nonmagic metal bits was used to end Owona.

Tapewolf

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: HaDDea on February 26, 2016, 05:37:58 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 26, 2016, 05:18:37 AM
Welp, it definitely seems to be an anti-dragon weapon they're after.  But given that more can come in from the multiverse, simply murdering the ones in Furrae is liable to make things worse, not better.  There must be more to it than this.

I dunno about any beef, but slaying a "major" dragon after slaying a cubi clan leader would probably earn you some maaaaaad respect in the Twink territories... star's gonna shine bright, after all. Having a way to end all but the Fae would be a pretty big deal.

I wonder if one of those nonmagic metal bits was used to end Owona.

My money's on Jyrras not actually talking to Biggs right now but rather shapeshifted Destania in Biggs form. She's looking for a weapon capable of ending ALL dragons to get payback on all the cubi murders (which ARE technically her own fault)

I've had a nagging doubt since Biggs showed up in Jyrras' office, but the anti-dragon angle clinches it for me.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on February 26, 2016, 06:47:25 AM
My money's on Jyrras not actually talking to Biggs right now but rather shapeshifted Destania in Biggs form. She's looking for a weapon capable of ending ALL dragons to get payback on all the cubi murders (which ARE technically her own fault)

I've had a nagging doubt since Biggs showed up in Jyrras' office, but the anti-dragon angle clinches it for me.

I'm not so sure.  Remember, Biggs seems to want the dragons exterminated as well.  I'm not sure why... it made some sense if he was a member of a race the dragons have been actively trying to cull, but he seems to be just a regular Being.

What makes me think this really is Biggs is the fact that outside, in the waiting room is someone in Destania's normal disguise who is reacting very badly to Abel's presence.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 26, 2016, 07:06:17 AM
Quote from: Drakkenmensch on February 26, 2016, 06:47:25 AM

I'm not so sure.  Remember, Biggs seems to want the dragons exterminated as well.  I'm not sure why... it made some sense if he was a member of a race the dragons have been actively trying to cull, but he seems to be just a regular Being.

What makes me think this really is Biggs is the fact that outside, in the waiting room is someone in Destania's normal disguise who is reacting very badly to Abel's presence.

Fair enough points. Also, I'm not finding any obvious outdated clues in Biggs' appearance that Destania loves to drop in order to challenge those she interacts with to call her out on her shifting. And at the same time, having her in the waiting room implies she's pulling Biggs' strings to get what she wants - dragon genocide.

Tuyu

Destania being in the waiting room says to me:

"Okay Biggs, we'll try it your way.  If he doesn't agree, then we do it MY way..."

Delian Williams

Yay, cards for every occasion.
Also great for times when you don't want to say it yourself: Fortune cookies.
I wonder, when someone will get a singing telegram or did Fa'Lina's dance number (ceterum censeo wallpaperem esse trahendam) count as one?

... a giant woman...

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

justacritic

Howl

I somehow feel as though this is a page that didn't really need a joke.

I wonder if it would be difficult to add a small 4koma style comic to accompany ones that don't have a punchline so as keep the tempo going. Probably with no shading and backgrounds optional to reduce workload.

Yarott

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

crankygrumps

Hope it's one of those cards you can record whatever you want for a few seconds.