2016/03/04 [DMFA #1647] Good, but also not good

Started by Tapewolf, March 04, 2016, 05:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Nice to see that Abel's been cleared, but there are a number of possible complications I can see.
Firstly, he's not there, which is strictly against the terms of his not-being-murdered.
Secondly, if they go off to Jycorp to apologise to him there, they're liable to run into Destania, who sent them after him in the first place.  I can't see that ending well.
And that's assuming they don't get there and find Destania and Abel in some kind of duel to the death.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

"Yeah, your friend is off the hook since our primary source turned out to be unreliable."
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 04, 2016, 05:15:33 AM
Secondly, if they go off to Jycorp to apologise to him there, they're liable to run into Destania, who sent them after him in the first place.  I can't see that ending well.
And that's assuming they don't get there and find Destania and Abel in some kind of duel to the death.
Destania was the one who hired them/tipped them off, but we don't know if she did it as Destania the secretary, or as Biggs. If it was one of the cases where she was impersonating him and going beyond what he was okay with her doing, that would be even more complications.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on March 04, 2016, 04:35:48 PM
Destania was the one who hired them/tipped them off, but we don't know if she did it as Destania the secretary, or as Biggs. If it was one of the cases where she was impersonating him and going beyond what he was okay with her doing, that would be even more complications.

Chances are they're totally unaware of Destania in any of her guises.  But she is almost certainly going to be aware that they are the ones who failed to kill Abel for her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu

True enuf.

I suppose we'd have to be satisfied with her reaction to not only being in the same room as Abel, but also being in the same room with the ones who failed her, as well as being within hearing  distance of both Biggs and Jyrras...  :tongue

(and if she also knows about Chazore, we'd probably be getting into "nuke it from orbit" territory)

Delian Williams

I'm wondering why Pegasus didn't get his ear fixed. Is it an adventurer thing to be proud of your scars?
Or did Jyrras reduce the magical residue in his bullets to such a degree that the wounds reject healing magic?

BTW I can't wait to hear Skirmish's Amazon language again ;3

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Lying Foo

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 04, 2016, 05:15:33 AM
Nice to see that Abel's been cleared, but there are a number of possible complications I can see.
Firstly, he's not there, which is strictly against the terms of his not-being-murdered.
Secondly, if they go off to Jycorp to apologise to him there, they're liable to run into Destania, who sent them after him in the first place.  I can't see that ending well.

Nah, I'm thinking they "cleared" him on finding out one of Merlitz's old adventuring partners was from Lost Lake, and replaced by a Cubi...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.