2015/10/05 - [DMFA #1610] Summers end

Started by MT Hazard, October 05, 2015, 07:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

A nod to webcomic time there. I do wonder what their world equivalent of Halloween, bonfire night and Christmas are, if they exist at all.

The chances are good that something  exists, given many real world culture celebrate the changing of the seasons and religious festivals 'merging' at various points in history.

Anyone got any idea if Amber is starting a new chapter soon? I think 'friends in high places' is the largest one so far.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Ghostwish

So, I'm just gonna be that guy and risk perma-banning to point this out:

Amber is slowly but surely drawing herself as an old lady.

I LOVE YOU ALL, DON'T FORGET ME!!!

Prroul

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 05, 2015, 07:29:28 AM
A nod to webcomic time there. I do wonder what their world equivalent of Halloween, bonfire night and Christmas are, if they exist at all.

The chances are good that something  exists, given many real world culture celebrate the changing of the seasons and religious festivals 'merging' at various points in history.

Anyone got any idea if Amber is starting a new chapter soon? I think 'friends in high places' is the largest one so far.
Well, most holidays that Christians celebrate these days are largely co-opted from previous religions anyway. By and large, they were stripped from various Gaelic practices in an attempt to finally stomp out heathen practices by re-defining them as Christian practices.

Virtually every culture I've ever studied has some sort of post-harvest celebration, and it is oddly nearly universally regarded as a time when the borders between this world and... whatever other worlds might be out there... are thinnest. And generally there's also some sort of celebration at the winter solstice and/or new year to mark the passing of the shortest day of the year. It wasn't until well after 1000 AD that the new year officially started at least a week after the winter solstice anyway, it used to be the same day.

LionHeart

Halloween as we know it pretty much developed (or was co-opted, depending how you look at it) from the festival of Samhain. And Christmas came from the winter solstice.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Delian Williams

Oh my, Ducky reminds me so much of Fa'Lina with his braid and head rotation.
Also, nice wing hug <3

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Lying Foo

Call it "Yule" and come up with a new name for St. Nick, and a casual reader might not notice you'd changed anything.  (I vaguely remember there being a Santa-like figure in the comic already at one point...)  Then again, if b'nai mitzvah exist, why not Christmas?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Kajet

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 05, 2015, 03:27:11 PM
So, I'm just gonna be that guy and risk perma-banning to point this out:

Amber is slowly but surely drawing herself as an old lady.

I LOVE YOU ALL, DON'T FORGET ME!!!

Probably just too much stress from having people pour over every little thing in her comic.