2015/09/13 [RE 41.20] The 'H' and 'R' in 'Dhark's'

Started by Puyon, September 13, 2015, 01:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puyon

For any of those wondering where we've seen Reis and Hind before, check out the painting found in Mana's office!

Here's a collage that nobody asked for.

I do recall that Dhark's was an acronym for it's founders (though I only know Hind, Ahm, and Reis)

Anyways, looks like Wrath is the one to be pointing fingers at for why things happened the way they did. How's Claw going to get out of this one? I really do want to see Claw and Paige married hahahaha...
...By Puyon

ZacAttac21

Lying Foo

I think at some point you just have to say, "screw it, we're calling ourselves 'ancient' whether you geezers like it or not."

Did not know about the acronym thing.  Gotta hurt to have a tradition "betrayed" by folks named after it.

The way Wrath frames it, it sounds like the engagement was the important part.  Makes me wonder what they'll decide is the least insult to tradition when this thing comes crashing down.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

I keep forgetting the two places where Tricksterism is legal.  Was Reis one of those, or does "sanctuary from the harshness of the world" only go so far?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

One is Marlowe... if there are only two, the other would be DHS?  That probably doesn't count.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

well according to this: http://dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=11&p=3

it's Kass, Le, Marlowe, and Kits

so actually, its 4?

EDIT:: I believe calling it sanctuary from the harshness of the world meant the current dilapidated terrain while the world was resetting itself?? I think????
...By Puyon

Merlin

Quote from: Puyon on September 13, 2015, 01:57:32 PM
For any of those wondering where we've seen Reis and Hind before, check out the painting found in Mana's office!

Here's a collage that nobody asked for.

I do recall that Dhark's was an acronym for it's founders (though I only know Hind, Ahm, and Reis)

Heheh, that was quick. It has probably been a long time since I last let known Dhark's is an acronym from the founder's names. D+K haven't been named in-comic yet I think. K definitely appears in The Breaking.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 13, 2015, 05:05:02 PM
I keep forgetting the two places where Tricksterism is legal.  Was Reis one of those, or does "sanctuary from the harshness of the world" only go so far?

Everybody's welcome, trickster's aren't people

actually Reis was probably on speaking terms with some 'out' tricksters. So it's probably not strictly speaking legal, but they don't have an inquisition running around sorting them out. Despite my constant obsession with them, actually a lot of people don't think about tricksters too much. There's some spots where it's more picked over than others, and Rei has a lot of other 'problems' that rank higher than tricksters.

Quote from: Puyon on September 13, 2015, 06:44:24 PM
well according to this: http://dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=11&p=3

it's Kass, Le, Marlowe, and Kits

so actually, its 4?

I always forget that I modified that page, it used to be two which is what I always remember (and then tell people). Then I was like... ohhh wait I want that one other place and somehow it ended at 4.

Lying Foo

Quote from: Merlin on September 13, 2015, 07:03:03 PMEverybody's welcome, trickster's aren't people

actually Reis was probably on speaking terms with some 'out' tricksters. So it's probably not strictly speaking legal, but they don't have an inquisition running around sorting them out. Despite my constant obsession with them, actually a lot of people don't think about tricksters too much. There's some spots where it's more picked over than others, and Rei has a lot of other 'problems' that rank higher than tricksters.

I had noticed that for a capital offense, most people - Demi, Val, Danni - never really seem to react when they encounter it.  I'd sort of figured the ban was unpopular on the ground.

Merlin

Quote from: Lying Foo on September 14, 2015, 02:04:20 AM
I had noticed that for a capital offense, most people - Demi, Val, Danni - never really seem to react when they encounter it.  I'd sort of figured the ban was unpopular on the ground.

Well, those three aren't elementalists. Support tends to vary depending on religion (and culture, to some extent), and I don't have many hardcore elementalists in the regular cast rotation. Let me think... Saturn's family would be mostly hardcore against, Loki's reasonably against but hasn't actually "met"* a trickster so she's kind of ambivalent (ie. she's not sure they're enough of a threat to rally against).

There's a few who aren't opposed to the death penalty for tricksters, but not many who are super gung-ho pro-death penalty. There's more who  think tricksters should just disavow Jake, have another punishment (like exile or something) and then become a productive member of society.

Actually I should write more about the possibility of disavowing Jake... though it's not always believed, since you can lie about forsaking the god of lies and that is something he's fine with.

edit: *apart from Peony, which didn't last real long

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on September 14, 2015, 02:23:37 AM
Loki's reasonably against but hasn't actually "met" a trickster so she's kind of ambivalent (ie. she's not sure they're enough of a threat to rally against).

I seem to remember her talking about wanting to burn them...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on September 14, 2015, 02:23:37 AM
Actually I should write more about the possibility of disavowing Jake... though it's not always believed, since you can lie about forsaking the god of lies and that is something he's fine with.

Yeah, seems legit. Of course we believe this trained liar, who has promised to lie about everything, and worships lying. Why would we not? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Merlin

Oh yeah I was totally wrong about Loki having met/not met a trickster. I am sorry if I ever give the impression of knowing what I'm doing. Anyway... this volume should end around the start of October-ish. Then I get to start a new volume!

Here's some old art of some of the founders:

At some point I drew a short comic with K in it but I'm not 100% sure where that went. I may have lost it. Oh well.

edit: I originally wrote September instead of October
i'm good at this