2015/07/27 [DMFA #1592] Happier days

Started by MT Hazard, July 27, 2015, 06:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

I imagine for cubi age difference isn't such a big thing, Dest would have several thousand years on Aniz at that point.

Hopefully Fa'lina will mention to Dan not to talk about Aniz to Abel, as well as the reasons why.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Merlin

Delian Williams

I guess among perfect shapeshifters it's hard to find somone,
who understands the comical intricacies of bad immitations.

Also: Who framed Aniz of Clan Siar? :B

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

VAE

Aniz the charming sociopath, huh?
Either way, laughing Destania is adorable.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Cassi-kun

I woke up early today, then went back to sleep and kept dreaming additional pages about Aniz as an Undead, either working for Dee or Fa'Lina as the scene reset every few minutes.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Scow2

Quote from: VAE on July 27, 2015, 08:03:41 AM
No more sociopathic than a non-vegan human.

VAE

Quote from: Scow2 on July 27, 2015, 10:47:03 AM
Have you actually read Abel's story?
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on July 27, 2015, 12:14:22 PM

To be fair, we haven't seen him in detail before he was driven insane - we don't really know what he was like then.
That said, the fact that he went for Destania at all, and the fact that he learned all kinds of psycho tricks from her isn't a good sign.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2015, 12:19:57 PM

To be fair, we haven't seen him in detail before he was driven insane - we don't really know what he was like then.
That said, the fact that he went for Destania at all, and the fact that he learned all kinds of psycho tricks from her isn't a good sign.

I suspect the transfer of psycho tricks might have been mutual.
Saphroneth

ZacAttac21

Crap, Aniz and I are more alike than I thought...

Cassi-kun

Oookay, now that I'm ACTUALLY awake...

Aniz was clearly the dumb. Most likely drawn to Dee for her misery, actually made a move because of the dumb.

But really, sometimes, when somebody's in a bad place, they NEED the dumb. I'm not a fan of Dee or Aniz because reasons, but I think I'm gonna enjoy what pages we get of them being happy together.

Though having poked through the archives recently, there's a few questions I'm wondering if we'll actually get answers to. Like in the "Alexsi gets kidnapped" storyline, Dee says Abel was a student of hers - one that she had a particular interest in. As well as a QFTR I remember where Pyro says the feather he wears is Dee's (though that was probably just a throwaway joke).

HaDDea

*reads today's comic*

... are we SURE Dan isn't Aniz' son? Absolutely sure??  :U

Destania certainly had.... interesting... tastes in men.  :B

Pity it didn't last.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: HaDDea on July 27, 2015, 06:11:44 PM
*reads today's comic*

... are we SURE Dan isn't Aniz' son? Absolutely sure??  :U

Destania certainly had.... interesting... tastes in men.  :B

Pity it didn't last.
Edward and Quintinga killed Aniz - Quintinga died in the fight. Dee and Edward got hitched and had Dan after that.

Merlin

I can see why Fa'lina had to stop Aniz going forward with his master plan. With moves like that he could have seduced every lady.

Tuyu

Quote from: Merlin on July 27, 2015, 11:11:44 PM
I can see why Fa'lina had to stop Aniz going forward with his master plan. With moves like that he could have seduced every lady.
Fart noises perfected for centuries...

ArchTeryx

So basically, Aniz started out as Beast Boy.  Good to know he had a 5-year old's sense of humour in a 500 year old body before he turned to the Dark Side. ^.^

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Merlin on July 27, 2015, 11:11:44 PM
Well at least now we know that the Cubi reputation of being masters of seduction is well-deserved.

Drakkenmensch

Not going to lie, someone making me laugh would go a long way to seduce me.

Stilghar

The look on Fa'lina's face in the last panel made me giggle in a most unmanly fashion for an excessive length of time.

Thank you, Amber.  I needed that.   :villagepeople
"For a man to help others with all his gifts and native strength: that is the noblest work."
-Sophocles

Scow2

Quote from: Stilghar on July 28, 2015, 12:37:14 PM
The look on Fa'lina's face in the last panel made me giggle in a most unmanly fashion for an excessive length of time.

And Dee was probably thinking the same thing about Aniz's face in panel 2.
Yes. And that takes place an arbitrarily large amount of time after Aniz has been driven insane by the death of his clan.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, I was going to comment on it myself. ;-] The look of utter disgust...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Quote from: Scow2 on July 28, 2015, 09:52:31 PM

And Dee was probably thinking the same thing about Aniz's face in panel 2.
Yes. And that takes place an arbitrarily large amount of time after Aniz has been driven insane by the death of his clan.

I wonder if his clan is alive at this point. After all, the dragon-cubi war is already going on.
Also... either way, I wouldn't be surprised if that only amplified tendencies Aniz has shown aplenty up to then. But then, I don't like Aniz (or Abel for the matter) so I might be biased.
Saphroneth

HaDDea

Quote from: VAE on July 29, 2015, 09:23:08 AM
I wonder if his clan is alive at this point. After all, the dragon-cubi war is already going on.
Also... either way, I wouldn't be surprised if that only amplified tendencies Aniz has shown aplenty up to then. But then, I don't like Aniz (or Abel for the matter) so I might be biased.

If I'm reading Abel's backstory correctly, At the destruction of Siar, the clan consisted of four members initially, then two - Aniz and one unnamed. Abel may or may not be the only remaining member of clan Siar left, depending on whether or not Aniz has other children (but did not enroll them in SAIA because of the ban), the actions of the other unknown clan member, and the Dragons' efforts to destroy 'cubi.

Tuyu

Quote from: VAE on July 29, 2015, 09:23:08 AM
They'd pretty much have to be--Dee wouldn't have tried to stop him unless they'd been pretty deep into their relationship.  But Siar's destruction could be the next panel in Fa'lina's story.

Amber Williams

Siar fell 500 years ago before the current events of DMFA in the main story. :Y

Aniz would have been around 120 at the time Siar fell.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 29, 2015, 11:38:46 PM

I don't wanna argue against the Word Of God, but... in Abel's Story Aniz is 464, and the main story takes place about 375 years later... so if Siar fell when Aniz was 120, that would put the fall of Siar 720 years ago.

Unless I'm understanding something wrong? I do that sometimes D:

Delian Williams

Quote from: Cassi-kun on July 31, 2015, 03:32:21 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on July 29, 2015, 11:38:46 PM

I don't wanna argue against the Word Of God, but... in Abel's Story Aniz is 464, and the main story takes place about 375 years later... so if Siar fell when Aniz was 120, that would put the fall of Siar 720 years ago.

Unless I'm understanding something wrong? I do that sometimes D:

Lame compromise in accordance with arithmetics might look like this: Keep the fall of Siar 500 years ago
cutting Aniz some slack for (hiding and) finding a proper victim. Take out a slight (sic!) rule and have
joy-joy feelings, when you see that Aniz is bordering on 340 years at Siar's fall, because then you
can cram in a centuries-long relationship with Destania at a reasonable age.

But I also like the idea, that Aniz approached Destania at a ridiculously young age (for a cubi)
for reasons... no, not those reasons

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Amber Williams

You aren't understanding things wrong, I just need to fix the Abel's Story archive (Its big, I am slow at tracking stuff down  'A' ) and probably some points in the main archive.

Basically at a point I realized the wild and crazy ages I gave some of the creature races just because I was throwing numbers out that sounded cool was just a bit too wild and crazy so a few creatures got their ages nerf'd.  Cubi used to be set at 3k years but now are set to 1k as their max (granted this is just normal life span and doesn't include magical assistance)  and because of it I had to adjust for that.  But at the same time I have yet to track down all the inconsistencies because well...the archive is a beast.

I should probably just pay someone to go through and track down point of age references. I still even need to fix the page with Taun.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 31, 2015, 01:47:27 PM
Basically at a point I realized the wild and crazy ages I gave some of the creature races just because I was throwing numbers out that sounded cool was just a bit too wild and crazy so a few creatures got their ages nerf'd.  Cubi used to be set at 3k years but now are set to 1k as their max (granted this is just normal life span and doesn't include magical assistance)  and because of it I had to adjust for that.  But at the same time I have yet to track down all the inconsistencies because well...the archive is a beast.

(Wonders if he's going to have to scale the PF characters' ages by 1/3)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Its one of the reasons soul stealing is a thing.  Generally the first time a creature does it, it doubles their lifespan.  So a 1k creature who does it will often get an extra 1k added to their lifespan (obviously keeping in mind the laws of averages and give or take a hundred or so years)  Next time however, that bonus is halved, so 500 years.  Then half of that to 250, and so on and so forth.

Sure there's rituals and methods and specifici targets that can enhance and extend and maximize effectiveness but overall the cost doesn't really outweigh the fact that at a point its taking more magical energy to keep someone together than really do-able.  Generally the most zealous and noteworthy offenders who aren't clan leaders seem to cap out around the 4k-5k mark either because its just too much to handle and they burn out...or because their antics got them in enough trouble to get someone after their crazy selves.

But I also realize this is more a retro-active effect that perhaps it isn't really my place to be putting down.  I guess part of it is I do feel a bit sheepish that many of the numbers at the very start I just threw down with a "oh yeah that looks cool" without any real thought to them and only later down the road have I discovered how thats not a good strategy. XD