2015/06/05 [DMFA #1579] - Threads of prophecy

Started by Tapewolf, June 05, 2015, 04:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Seems like a good balance - free will with adult supervision.  Of course, not everyone would trust that that's all Fa'Lina's doing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

I wonder just how far ahead she can see.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 05, 2015, 04:15:45 AM
I wonder just how far ahead she can see.

"about two months", she said. Give or take, and of course, that's after you leave, so at least that far ahead...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Drakkenmensch

Fa'lina NEEDS to not care about the inconsequential outcomes because a single pizza being ordered would drive her mad from the potential topping selection alone.

Howl

My bet is that she passively tunes out the inconsequential stuff, like "Slap myself in the face right now.". In fact, I would imagine that is an intrinsic of all omniscient beings. You let the drivel go into white noise, retaining juuust enough awareness of it that you can snap to it if it turns into something important, like "Slap myself in the face so hard my head pops off.".

Which would be a distinct possibility for a sufficiently mangled undead, but also probably not as important at the same time unless their head falls into a lava pit or something.

Delian Williams

Of course, when enforcing SAIA rules and slapping someone in the face coincide,
you gotta watch out for Fa'Lina.  :ninja

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Famout

For some reason hearing Fa'Lina talk about knowing events in advance made me think of this one Futurama line.
It feels odd not having a fuzzy avatar picture around here....

Cassi-kun

I suspect Fa'Lina's "prophecy filter" works in the same way as any 'cubi's general emotion filters do. She may not be quite so casual about who she ignores fate-wise as she does in terms of thought-reading, but I suspect that it's basically the same process, for her. She tunes out self-face-slapping the same way Abel tunes out Wildy.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!