2015/05/25 [DMFA #1577] Warp Aci's, less annoying then Clippy

Started by Famout, May 25, 2015, 05:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famout

Sounds remarkably clever, although why not just warp the letters to the box then return...?

It's something to do with their box addiction isn't it...
It feels odd not having a fuzzy avatar picture around here....

Takel

Does it count as an invocation of McKean's Law when the written dialogue of a character (or group thereof) saying "you really need spellcheck" to a different character is what contains the typo?

Because either way, it's spelled "grammar", not "grammer".

Delian Williams

I dig the warp aci... imagine you got a letter writ in eccelent english and have to transcribe it onto your body.
Worst (confidential) body painting ever.

So according to the katbox version Dimanika walks around like the Joker :batman telling people different stories
about how she rose to tri-wing-status? Neat.
"You wanna know how I got this extra set of winegums? I once was chef in a :bun-eating contest..."

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Jasonrevall

It's pretty genius to use warp aci actually. They have such horrible attention spans they'd forget any secrets you had anyway.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

justacritic

Kuzma Volkov

"Some have tried to figure out how to somehow weaponize warp-aci. I mean, the teleporting ability and tricks with small folding pockets of dimension and space would make it seem like an ideal setup for something a bit more dangerous that holiday gift basket delivery. However all attempts have usually ended in pretty spectacular failure including one of the many methods Dimanika has claimed helped cause her ascension to tri-wing."

Does fruit cake delivery count as assault with a weapon? I doubt the warp-aci would eat it, so it'd get there safely...

Merlin

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on May 26, 2015, 01:21:54 AM
Does fruit cake delivery count as assault with a weapon? I doubt the warp-aci would eat it, so it'd get there safely...

You need a fruit cake bigger than the warp-aci, yeah? I think that would be the perfect weapon.

Tuyu

Hey, wait a minute...

...if warp-aci in letter form can teleport to the recipient, why did Quoar (or whoever he really was) need to hand-deliver Abel's invite???

Impostor warp-aci and a fake invite???

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tuyu on May 26, 2015, 08:22:56 PM
Hey, wait a minute...

...if warp-aci in letter form can teleport to the recipient, why did Quoar (or whoever he really was) need to hand-deliver Abel's invite???

Perhaps he wanted to see the person he was handing it to.
Perhaps he didn't want to entrust it to a Warp-Aci.
Perhaps he had other things he was doing in the area anyway.
Perhaps he is limited by whatever keeps him hidden, and can't therefore use Warp-Aci without it breaking his defences.
Perhaps he just wanted to.

Any or all of the above. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Merlin

Does one really need a reason to traipse through the woods in a fancy hat?

Tuyu

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 27, 2015, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: Tuyu on May 26, 2015, 08:22:56 PM
Hey, wait a minute...

Perhaps he wanted to see the person he was handing it to.
Perhaps he didn't want to entrust it to a Warp-Aci.
Perhaps he had other things he was doing in the area anyway.
Perhaps he is limited by whatever keeps him hidden, and can't therefore use Warp-Aci without it breaking his defences.
Perhaps he just wanted to.

Any or all of the above. ;-]
Yeahhhh...not thinking it thru...

Abel's invite was Piflak's warp-aci, as far as we can tell. If Quoar and the warp-aci are who they appear to be, then that implies a connection between Piflak and Quoar. Also suggests Quoar has an interest in Abel, perhaps because Abel has the Quoarian duality characteristics.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on May 27, 2015, 07:20:30 PM
Does one really need a reason to traipse through the woods in a fancy hat?

You make an excellent argument. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: Merlin on May 26, 2015, 07:23:37 PM
Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on May 26, 2015, 01:21:54 AM

You need a fruit cake bigger than the warp-aci, yeah? I think that would be the perfect weapon.

I can just see it now.. Some poor victim's home getting filled with fruit cakes raining from the ceilings.

Crystalite

Quote from: famout on May 25, 2015, 05:25:44 AM
Sounds remarkably clever, although why not just warp the letters to the box then return...?

It's something to do with their box addiction isn't it...

The theory (I believe) is that the Warp-Aci in question can discuss the letter with the recipient, answer questions, adivise on responses, and (most importantly) carry that response back.

In practice, it's all about the boxes.

On another note: how does one pronounce the second part of Warp-Aci? I think it's "ah-chee" but can't be sure.

Tuyu

Oh, Fa'lina...

Way back when (#605), she said she was going to "dispose of" Fi, because she'd already replaced him with Fu...as if she only had one warp-aci...   :mowhappy

Famout

Quote from: Tuyu on June 05, 2015, 07:27:00 PM
Oh, Fa'lina...

Way back when (#605), she said she was going to "dispose of" Fi, because she'd already replaced him with Fu...as if she only had one warp-aci...   :mowhappy

I recently realized that this must have taken longer then it seemed at the time.
It feels odd not having a fuzzy avatar picture around here....