Quake in the Gulf of Mexico

Started by Shadrok, September 10, 2006, 10:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadrok

This morning around 11:00am I was on my computer when I feel what felt like some one had rocked me in my chair. Well my mom also felt it in the other room and this afternoon I discovered what it was.

It appears that in the Gulf of Mexico an earth quake happened and that was what I felt.

News about the quake

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

bill

Just saw it on Drudge. Thankfully, it appears that no serious damage was done.

Teroniss

Goes to show ya, when strange things like that start happening, it mean mother nature is pissed and we is screwed.

Shadrok

Quote from: Xze-Xze on September 10, 2006, 10:34:16 PM
*GASPEH!!!* is yous ok!?
yeah nothing broken, no damage, it felt like a light nudge.

Quote from: Teroniss on September 10, 2006, 10:36:31 PM
Goes to show ya, when strange things like that start happening, it mean mother nature is pissed and we is screwed.

I think if Mexico gets snow this year will be stranger since they've already had their once every 100 years fluke of that.

xHaZxMaTx

How far away do you live from Mexico?  I live maybe a few hours north of the border, and I didn't feel anything.  Then again, I was asleep until 1:00 PM Pacific time. :rolleyes

Shadrok

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 10, 2006, 11:36:34 PM
How far away do you live from Mexico?  I live maybe a few hours north of the border, and I didn't feel anything.  Then again, I was asleep until 1:00 PM Pacific time. :rolleyes

I'm in Georgia, the quake happened in the Gulf of Mexico.

The furthest that people reported feeling it was about 600 miles from the quake's center which was about 250 miles west of Tampa, Florida

As for myself I'm about 570 miles from the quake's center.