2015/04/06 [DMFA #1565] Undead Pariah

Started by MT Hazard, April 06, 2015, 08:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

So he gets excluded for being loyal to the person who, at this point, is like an adopted parent? The person who taught them life skills instead of throwing them out like a crying sack of rubbish? That seems a bit harsh.

Besides Kria didn't kill him anyway. I wonder why she claimed that she did?

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Delian Williams

"As far as demons go..." - Living with someone who wants the weak to tremble at their feet and enjoys blasting
furres every so often, Devin's undead humor might help him keep an emotional distance in these grave situations.

As to Kria's character, getting your own daughter's (Jyrras') place pizza blacklisted. That's evil.
"Your weak-heartedness will be your undoing" yada, yada... maybe she just likes kids and pizza.
Or maybe I'm in for a surprise.

Also... if Abel's nose keeps shrinking at this rate he will be a chibi within five panels ;3
(It took me a while to find out, why I got the impression, he was getting cuter)

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

HaDDea

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 06, 2015, 08:33:31 AM
So he gets excluded for being loyal to the person who, at this point, is like an adopted parent? The person who taught them life skills instead of throwing them out like a crying sack of rubbish? That seems a bit harsh.

Besides Kria didn't kill him anyway. I wonder why she claimed that she did?

Keep in mind that Kria is the sister to Dark Pegasus, the creator and sworn enemy of the Undead race, who will kill Undead on sight.

Kria may not have killed anyone directly, but she did participate in the events at Regal Post, and may have indirectly had a hand in pinning down the other adventurers. OTOH, it could also just be the natural "intimidate" mode Demons seem to go in for.

Quote from: Delian Williams on April 06, 2015, 09:15:08 AM
As to Kria's character, getting your own daughter's (Jyrras') place pizza blacklisted. That's evil.
"Your weak-heartedness will be your undoing" yada, yada... maybe she just likes kids and pizza.
Or maybe I'm in for a surprise.

True, but Kria has shown that she takes her position as Head of Security in Zinvth very seriously, and that protection is given to all Zinvth citizens, whether Creature or Being. Perhaps because of her position she has come to value those who are weaker than her (as it is her strength and ability that protects them), and thus came to respect and care about those who do not have the strength to match hers (well, at least some of them...). She does indeed seem to be soft... for a Demon :P

Viking ZX

See Abel? Soft spots!

Shiiip iiiiit!  :mowcookie

Seriously enough, I find it kind of surprising that Devin gets a bad rep simply for working for Kria. After all, her and her brother aren't on the highest terms as far as his plots, and he was one of the originals ... it's not like he chose to be undead.

Maybe I'm misreading it.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Viking ZX on April 06, 2015, 10:16:30 PM

Seriously enough, I find it kind of surprising that Devin gets a bad rep simply for working for Kria. After all, her and her brother aren't on the highest terms as far as his plots, and he was one of the originals ... it's not like he chose to be undead.

Maybe I'm misreading it.

People consumed by vengeance can be irrational, to put it mildly.

Shadowdancer

See Abel? Soft spots!

Not much shipping needed there. Seems like Ms Soulstealer is quite easy:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1205.php

While I think Kria is genuinely a bit soft, at random times, she did have the excuse to spare Abel on the basis that killing a citizen of Zvinth would stir a a bit of a political storm.
Still looking for that comic where Milkncookies realises who killed Devon (or at least involved). I will find it one day, yes! Mwahahahaha!
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Naldru

Quote from: Shadowdancer on April 07, 2015, 02:14:57 PM
Still looking for that comic where Milkncookies realises who killed Devon (or at least involved). I will find it one day, yes! Mwahahahaha!
Are you referring to this one?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Naldru on April 07, 2015, 03:18:26 PM

I always thought it was this one.

Viking ZX

See Abel? Soft spots!

Not much shipping needed there. Seems like Ms Soulstealer is quite easy:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1205.php

While I think Kria is genuinely a bit soft, at random times, she did have the excuse to spare Abel on the basis that killing a citizen of Zvinth would stir a a bit of a political storm.
I don't know. That seemed to be her playing around a bit, but it didn't seem to me that she was that serious. After all, she ate Lorenda's dad for not being faithful, so it might be that she has no issues having fun to a point, but past that there's a serious line to cross.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Tuyu

But that excuse requires her to have killed Abel--he was the only living witness, and since the bodies were probably gathered for zombie experiments...

Jasonrevall

If those two get any more adorable I'm going to die from adorableness

Also in regards to why undead wouldn't trust people who work for Kria, demons who uphold the traditional demon culture lie and manipulate all the time. No way do people believe she doesn't help or have ties to her brother. And they're right. She's been reviving him on a regular basis. Everything he does is partially on her for that when she knows what his normal plots entail.

She may be taking a few steps out from more traditional demon methodology, but she's still pretty aggressive and vile. She's murdered a ton of people. She's very very far from a good person or even a decent person for that matter.

I'd like to add I still love Kria. Just pointing this out from a characters perspective in their world. I mean she's no more aggressive than an Ork and I love those awesome green dudes.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Shadowdancer

Quote from: CubiKitsune on April 07, 2015, 08:36:15 PM
Quote from: Naldru on April 07, 2015, 03:18:26 PM

I always thought it was this one.

Yissssss, this is the one. Now we can sleep. *THUD!*
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Drakkenmensch

The pizza delivery uniform has... an interesting design. I'll bet the cap looks enough like a giant freaking eyeball from the air that it can safely ward off wild griffin attacks!