2015/03/23 [DMFA #1562] Oh, the possibilities of partially deceased syndrome

Started by ChaosMageX, March 23, 2015, 03:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

One of the first possibilities that came to my (dirty) mind is actually the money flowing in the opposite direction, with an undead dominatrix being paid to make a meal out of a masochistic demon or other rapidly regenerating race. :erk Heck, there might not be any money involved and the flesh devoured would be their payment.  Talk about a different kind of blood money.

Either way, no matter which way the money is going, they could use that technique where skin is sliced off in pieces very carefully so the person doesn't bleed to death.  I think it was used as a form of torture, but I can't remember what it was called.  I only remember hearing about it on an episode of the anime Deadman Wonderland.

One other thing I wonder about Undead in DMFA:

Even if they don't have a hankering from brains, could they still gain the memories contained in the brains they devour?  As disgusting as it sounds, it is a rather interesting idea, and it could mean that you could have Undead coroner detectives like in iZombie.

Icon by Sunblink

HaDDea

"Hello, my name is Ameglian Major, and I will be serving you myself tonight.  What can I interest you in? something off the shoulder, perhaps in a nice Bordelaise sauce?"  :U

Or would the consumption of living flesh be treated by the Undead more like Chinese medicinal cooking? Something you consume only if you're not doing so well (and is also somewhat rare and expensive)?

Grey Wolf

I suppose, in more open-minded communities, undead surgeons are the healthiest looking undead around.

"Sooo, seeing as you need your appendix removed anyway..."
"Yeah, sure. Hope it makes your foot grow back."
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Starcat5

And since the "meal" doesn't need to be sentient, that means that fish mongers would corner the market on really fresh sushi.  >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on March 23, 2015, 02:48:01 PM
And since the "meal" doesn't need to be sentient, that means that fish mongers would corner the market on really fresh sushi.  >:3

Heck, you could breed worms or ants.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 23, 2015, 02:51:16 PM

Eh, I think there'd be a certain point where it wouldn't be considered "flesh" anymore (or maybe not, if DP considered the possibility of fighting insectus).
Mice would probably be a safe bet, though.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Grey Wolf on March 23, 2015, 08:09:30 PM
Mice would probably be a safe bet, though.

Ah, the popcorn of the animal world. Either that or chinese takeaway... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

HaniiPuppy

*coughs*

Get your Hollows, right here! Fresh, empty calories! Get your fresh hollows! While they're hot!

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 23, 2015, 02:51:16 PM
Quote from: Starcat5 on March 23, 2015, 02:48:01 PM

Oh geez yeah, go all Renfield eating trapped flies/spiders... though I think his thinking was that he was eating the life force of them rather than the flesh. And if he fed the flies to the spiders then he'd get the life force of flies + spiders at once. Yummy!

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Merlin on March 24, 2015, 08:31:18 PM
Oh geez yeah, go all Renfield eating trapped flies/spiders... though I think his thinking was that he was eating the life force of them rather than the flesh. And if he fed the flies to the spiders then he'd get the life force of flies + spiders at once. Yummy!
No, no. First, we need to get sparrows. Then maybe a cat.

Merlin

Quote from: Grey Wolf on March 24, 2015, 09:31:43 PM
Quote from: Merlin on March 24, 2015, 08:31:18 PM
No, no. First, we need to get sparrows. Then maybe a cat.

Yes yes, you get the sparrow to eat the spider you get the spider to eat the fly >:3

Shadowdancer

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...

And when I say old I mean, um, sorry, not good to talk about a lady's age. Please stop gnawing me.

Would you help a little old lady? All I need is a little bit of your *cough* cough* time.
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Amber Williams

Generally I find the main trouble is that most of the Undead that came back were predominately beings.  And while some of the creature races tend to be pretty skewed in viewpoints from our own...beings tend to be the ones closest to humanity.  So the idea of shoving handfuls of ants or worms into ones mouth would have the same visceral reaction that the average person would.  Perhaps in desperation it would be more considered...but then you add onto the fact that many of the Undead are also likely having to come to grips with their possible mortality/immortality and feelings of being sub-human.  So the idea of eating small creatures alive would truth be...just be beyond depressing for the most part.

Which is why you usually find two types of Undead: those who will either plate their bones or who are not as bothered and will use their regeneration.

Well...save for Devin.  He's actually an older model of Undead which meant he didn't actually get the swanky abilities most of the newer versions have. :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

ishidan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 25, 2015, 08:32:25 AM
Quote from: ishidan on March 25, 2015, 07:27:43 AM
Quote from: Starcat5 on March 23, 2015, 02:48:01 PMreally fresh sushi.  >:3
The word you are looking for is "ikizukuri".

or "blowfish", for the adventurous. ;-]
Nah I don't see how fugu is an adventure if you are undead, and therefore immune to poisons.

Lying Foo

Quote from: Grey Wolf on March 23, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
I suppose, in more open-minded communities, undead surgeons are the healthiest looking undead around.

I'm still wondering whether undead are ever contracted to purposefully bite the dying.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Lying Foo on March 26, 2015, 12:57:59 AM
Quote from: Grey Wolf on March 23, 2015, 01:33:14 PM

I'm still wondering whether undead are ever contracted to purposefully bite the dying.

I would be surprised if they weren't.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ishidan on March 25, 2015, 03:48:29 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 25, 2015, 08:32:25 AM
or "blowfish", for the adventurous. ;-]
Nah I don't see how fugu is an adventure if you are undead, and therefore immune to poisons.

You're presuming they're immune to poisons. I don't see any mention of it on their demo 101 page; I do see they don't need to eat or sleep, so it's not an unreasonable assumption, but... still assumption all the same.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 26, 2015, 01:43:14 AM
Quote from: Lying Foo on March 26, 2015, 12:57:59 AM

I would be surprised if they weren't.

Well, seeing as there's so much racism against the undead, a person would have to be pretty desperate to live. Or maybe if the undead doing the biting was sent by one's enemies...

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 25, 2015, 03:58:30 AM
Generally I find the main trouble is that most of the Undead that came back were predominately beings.  And while some of the creature races tend to be pretty skewed in viewpoints from our own...beings tend to be the ones closest to humanity.  So the idea of shoving handfuls of ants or worms into ones mouth would have the same visceral reaction that the average person would.  Perhaps in desperation it would be more considered...but then you add onto the fact that many of the Undead are also likely having to come to grips with their possible mortality/immortality and feelings of being sub-human.  So the idea of eating small creatures alive would truth be...just be beyond depressing for the most part.

Which is why you usually find two types of Undead: those who will either plate their bones or who are not as bothered and will use their regeneration.

Well...save for Devin.  He's actually an older model of Undead which meant he didn't actually get the swanky abilities most of the newer versions have. :U

How badly does Sherri want her hair to grow back? ;)

Amber Williams

Quote from: Grey Wolf on March 26, 2015, 09:12:27 AM
How badly does Sherri want her hair to grow back? ;)

Well considering last you see her she's got a ribbon covering her neck and short hair... :U

Tuyu

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 25, 2015, 03:58:30 AM
Generally I find the main trouble is that most of the Undead that came back were predominately beings.  And while some of the creature races tend to be pretty skewed in viewpoints from our own...beings tend to be the ones closest to humanity.  So the idea of shoving handfuls of ants or worms into ones mouth would have the same visceral reaction that the average person would.
However, put them on skewers, and serve with a small roast and a side salad... ;)