2015/03/20 [DMFA #1561] Lawsuit of the dead

Started by MT Hazard, March 20, 2015, 07:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

I imagine a few of the undead are wishing they added a D.N.R (do not resurrect) clause to their will.

I can imagine the adverts "Have you suffered a return to life that wasn't your fault? You could be entitled to compensation!"

A worrying thought, If their souls were return to their bodies, does that mean they were forcefully removed from the afterlife? This could be seen as a good or bad thing, depending on where they were.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 20, 2015, 07:16:37 AM
A worrying thought, If their souls were return to their bodies, does that mean they were forcefully removed from the afterlife? This could be seen as a good or bad thing, depending on where they were.

It's not clear how that works, but there is a period of 8 months or something after which this kind of resurrection is not possible.  Which suggests some kind of holding area or waiting period, though there are other possible explanations for that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

I imagine they wrote some new laws after that crisis. I mean some people probably hated their first go at life and really wouldn't like the concept at another go.

Is there a slot for that now on their I.D. along with organ donor? I wonder what that slot would be called?
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jasonrevall on March 20, 2015, 03:04:15 PM
I imagine they wrote some new laws after that crisis. I mean some people probably hated their first go at life and really wouldn't like the concept at another go.

Is there a slot for that now on their I.D. along with organ donor? I wonder what that slot would be called?

DNR, of course. Do Not Revive.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

that still wouldn't stop some people from doing it
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: e_voyager on March 20, 2015, 06:28:55 PM
that still wouldn't stop some people from doing it
Yeah, like greedy exes with their equally greedy and shady lawyers...oh, and bill collectors.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Eboreg

With all of this talk of undead who wish that they weren't resurrected, it does make me wonder if some of them actually committed suicide. It may be just as morally reprehensible in Furrae as it is on Earth but there is the fact that the undead already died and were brought back to life by circumstances out of their control. That would make that subject much more morally ambiguous in my mind.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on March 21, 2015, 12:25:03 PM
With all of this talk of undead who wish that they weren't resurrected, it does make me wonder if some of them actually committed suicide.

"However the concept of eating a living being is often so repulsive to many undead that some commit re-suicide."  - Demo 101

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 21, 2015, 01:27:05 PM
Quote from: Eboreg on March 21, 2015, 12:25:03 PM
With all of this talk of undead who wish that they weren't resurrected, it does make me wonder if some of them actually committed suicide.

"However the concept of eating a living being is often so repulsive to many undead that some commit re-suicide."  - Demo 101

That makes me wonder if there were any therapists that specialized in undead who needed help getting back on their feet and dealing with being alive again.

Not to mention lawyers about who owns what, since their kids may have owned what they did and now they're homeless.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

LionHeart

Not just inheritance laws - what about marriage laws? Someone who becomes an Undead and finds that their spouse has remarried...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

e_voyager

Quote from: LionHeart on March 21, 2015, 08:58:37 PM
Not just inheritance laws - what about marriage laws? Someone who becomes an Undead and finds that their spouse has remarried...
well a lot of marriage vows state " until death do you part" or "so long as you both shall live" meaning that at the point of death thee marriage was nullified. they have no claim on their former spouse in that case.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Eboreg

Quote from: e_voyager on March 22, 2015, 10:07:42 AM
Quote from: LionHeart on March 21, 2015, 08:58:37 PM
well a lot of marriage vows state " until death do you part" or "so long as you both shall live" meaning that at the point of death thee marriage was nullified. they have no claim on their former spouse in that case.

Plus I'm pretty sure no one would want to be married to a zombie.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

e_voyager

eh you never know. people can be strange. very strange.

Kibin

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 20, 2015, 08:12:20 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on March 20, 2015, 07:16:37 AM

It's not clear how that works, but there is a period of 8 months or something after which this kind of resurrection is not possible.  Which suggests some kind of holding area or waiting period, though there are other possible explanations for that.

...coincidentally about the same amount of time pregnancy takes? Probably unrelated, though.