2014/12/28 [EP 03-10] That's a lot of fish n' chips...

Started by ZacAttac21, December 29, 2014, 12:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

...! Yak called him "Dar"! Write that down, loyal followers, that's important! (You'll see later.) :giggle

On another note, I have got to try fish n' chips myself someday...

Raskahn

llearch n'n'daCorna

Falkirk could probably eat the chips, if it's vegetable oil they're cooked in. Maybe. Depending on how militant a vegetarian s/he is...

Speaking of, I note there aren't any females in Daryil's clan. For all that he's pronounced (and vocal) in his preferences, surely there should be _some_ younger cubi? You'd think...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 29, 2014, 03:01:42 PM
Speaking of, I note there aren't any females in Daryil's clan. For all that he's pronounced (and vocal) in his preferences, surely there should be _some_ younger cubi? You'd think...

Well, there are approximately 60-80 clan members, of which maybe 25 have been defined.  However, yes, there is a deficit of females.

In the PF era, there are at least the following, most of whom have appeared in comic:

Cass, "Scared Girl", Lucy, Mika and Tomara

In Epsilon, Professor Jevex' clan has never been specified.  I have considered whether she would help redress the imbalance.

In the Epsilon era, there are also Lisa, Jezebel, Lilith, and Peony.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Okay, so "aren't any" was a bit overstated. ;-] I think "of note" might be the other half, there. By which I mean all the major players are, or appear to be, male.

Thanks for clarifying; some 9 of 60 isn't exactly enough for keeping the clan growing, though. You'll end up with Cyra-level problems...

... but hey, it's your story, this may not have any impact on it at all. Just a passing thought.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 06, 2015, 07:17:21 AM
Okay, so "aren't any" was a bit overstated. ;-] I think "of note" might be the other half, there. By which I mean all the major players are, or appear to be, male.

Mostly we're seeing Daryil's inner circle, and he tends to prefer guys.  I'll have to remember to try and insert some female characters when we show the base, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah. Obvious preferences aside, he's more comfortable dealing with guys in an official basis, is what I think you're saying.

... although Daryil isn't exactly officious. *grin*

Merlin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 06, 2015, 07:17:21 AM
Thanks for clarifying; some 9 of 60 isn't exactly enough for keeping the clan growing, though. You'll end up with Cyra-level problems...

... but hey, it's your story, this may not have any impact on it at all. Just a passing thought.

Daryil clan is OK with its members hooking up with outsiders or beings though, so even if they're a bit of a sausagefest that shouldn't be a big problem for clan growth.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on January 06, 2015, 06:03:37 PM
Daryil clan is OK with its members hooking up with outsiders or beings though, so even if they're a bit of a sausagefest that shouldn't be a big problem for clan growth.

*snerk* Okay, fair enough, good point. But if they're a sausage-fest, wouldn't they hook up with guys? ;-]

Merlin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 07, 2015, 06:37:16 AM
Quote from: Merlin on January 06, 2015, 06:03:37 PM

*snerk* Okay, fair enough, good point. But if they're a sausage-fest, wouldn't they hook up with guys? ;-]

Thaaaaat's still okay for "clan growth" right?

i apologise for that dreadful double-entendre

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on January 07, 2015, 08:20:02 AM
Thaaaaat's still okay for "clan growth" right?

i apologise for that dreadful double-entendre

Multiple-entendres aside, Daryil and his clan are liable to approach making-the-clan-bigger differently to the way they approach recreation.
I had a big internal struggle as to exactly how it worked, whether they were all interested in the same sex, whether they all preferred men regardless of their own gender or what.  I've tentatively settled on them being bi but typically leaning towards the same sex, since you have folk like Niall who are largely, but not entirely, straight.