2014/11/21 [DMFA #1530] Diagnosis: PDS; Treatment: GTFO

Started by ChaosMageX, November 22, 2014, 02:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

I guess most people, particularly hospital staff, aren't very kind to those suffering from Partially Deceased Syndrome.  I hope someone other than me gets the reference.  ;)

What's interesting is how Devon is talking about favoring chicken nuggets over flesh, as if he enjoys their taste.  What's puzzling is that this contradicts the fact that Undead are only able to taste the flesh of the living, which means that Devon couldn't possibly even know what chicken nuggets taste like in the first place because he has no memory of his original life.  Even if he did remember the taste of food from his past, chicken nuggets likely hadn't been invented before he died and the closest taste he'd have reference to would be chicken prepared in the ways that were technologically or magically possible back then.

Then again, I'm just nit-picking at details, and it's more likely that chicken nuggets were the first food that popped into his head, and he could have easily substituted any other food into that statement to get the same point across.

Icon by Sunblink

Aisha deCabre

There's more to food than just taste; he could like the texture of chicken nuggets, particularly as they're still meaty and fleshy and warm and all that (I tend to prefer them on the crunchy side), things Undead seem to like.  Straws have no taste either, but people nibble on 'em, at least the weirdos I know. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Brunhidden

id think the undead would be making petitions/complaints with the apperantly booming tv/movie zombie market, they got a pr problem
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 22, 2014, 11:18:33 PM
id think the undead would be making petitions/complaints with the apperantly booming tv/movie zombie market, they got a pr problem
There's a strip that goes over that, actually. When Abel asks Lorenda how the Undead feel about zombie flicks, it cuts away to a flashback of Dev, Lorena, and Regina watching a zombie film, and Dev crowing about how awesome the Undead are.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Brunhidden

it probably does not hlep if he sings 'all we wanna do is eat your brains' to himself
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Prroul

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 24, 2014, 02:30:57 AM
it probably does not hlep if he sings 'all we wanna do is eat your brains' to himself

I could think of another appropriate song...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prroul on November 24, 2014, 10:48:23 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on November 24, 2014, 02:30:57 AM
I could think of another appropriate song...

But he's not unreasonable... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears