WoW Thread: Who plays Horde on Dark Iron?

Started by Akisohida, August 31, 2006, 10:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

I am getting ready to make a Guild on WoW but I need people to sign the charter so I am checking to see who here plays WoW, Dark Iron server, Horde side. Look for Evanic, a (currently) lvl 17 Undead Mage with 102 PvP kills to his name. ^.^
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

ITOS

WoW leads to the dark side.

At least it leads to pale skin and no social life, much like the dark side seems to do. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Akisohida

Quote from: ITOS on August 31, 2006, 10:27:49 AM
WoW leads to the dark side.

At least it leads to pale skin and no social life, much like the dark side seems to do. :P

I already had those things. ^.^
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Supercheese

Sorry, I play Alliance on Kel'Thuzad, though that will soon change to Horde on some other server once the Burning Crusade comes out.

I don't spend much time on WoW anyway. I'm mostly playing DDR, Guitar Hero, or Darkstar One...

Netami

When I did play, it was on Argent Dawn and later Thorium Brotherhood. You know, RP Servers, where there is allegedly less stupid going around.

Isn't Dark Iron Horde-side where all of the PVP Online fans are?

Rowne

Just be thankful you weren't on Silver Hand back in the day, Netty.  Or maybe you were, in which case I feel for you.  It was supposedly an RP server to but it had more stupid going around than most of the Normal servers.

Everything from a Guild that loved calling itself The Ubarness that is the SpiritSlammers and a bunch of Druids that wanted to (and no, I'm not kidding, they were talking about it on General) form a scuba-squad to execute a water-based attack on Fort Northwatch.

The best thing about that server was probably Ponsonby, who was grand.

I shudder at my Silver Hand experiences.  I probably would've had more fun playing it had I found a better server.

Netami

It was like that pretty much across the board. You'd get these lame ass griefers coming to RP Servers mostly either because it was "unique" (tons of PVE, tons of PVP, but golly wow! Only a few RP servers, they must be special), or because they knew there'd be intellectual people there that would be better targets for putting up with their bullshit than people of their own on normal servers.

Every time I see a PVPing moron with a name from a football team or someone trying to validify the guild name "Hail Satan" in the world of Azeroth, I throw up a little in my mouth.

Rowne

You've just gained a hell of a lot of respect from me, Netami.

----

I'll elaborate on that.

I'd always operated under the conception that long-time World of Warcraft players actually enjoyed that stuff.  It was the only explanation that made sense.  I realize there's got to be another explanation now though as you obviously have as much hate for the rampant stupidity as I did.

Supercheese

In WoW, I've filled up my ignore list at least 3 times. From what I remember, once for my first character, again for another on a different server, and yet again after I'd stopped playing for 3 months, had to uninstall, then started playing again.

Miaka

I was going to play alliance on some server that I don't remember, but then my computer said "NO FUCK YOU" so I couldn't.

So i'm useless. ^-^

Paladin Sheppard

Sadly I started off on Silverhand aswell on Horde but recently I've been on Cenarion Circle on Alliance as Ephrael (59 Rogue) and Jadenice (21 Mage) Planing on adding a Paladin to the mix aswell  :3

Akisohida

I know what you all mean by the stupid. I want to kill people when I do battlegrounds. I Am lvl 18 and I always get a lvl 11 in there and, of course, he is ignored UNTILL he grabs the flag. I mean, most Alliance that play are 17-19 so a 11 is no threat. Of course, 9 of the 10 Alliance will charge out base while 1 lvl 19 stays behind. The level 11 on my team will always get the flag since a lvl 19 can take him out easy. Of course, with our team taking on a rush of 9, we can't help the lvl 11 going for the flag but said 11 thinks he is the god of BG's because he can grab the flag and he also thinks it is our faul he keeps dying to the lvl 19 since we are 'too stupid to ignore the rush and keep me alive! noobs' It is our faul and in no ways his that we are loosing. :P Personally, I though all the battle-areas should be slit up into 5 level increments so higher level people don't have to put up with mornins who think they are more skilled because they are ignored. :P

Rowne

Heh, I'm almost tempted to try Warcraft again.  The primary reason I left was becasue of the people that weren't exactly Nobel Prize material, I felt like I was babysitting an entire playerbase half the time, that made me jaded.  Perhaps if I made an Addon that completely blocked out content except for from known names (a whitelist Addon!) then it'd likely be an enjoyable experience.

... but I'm not going to ponder that just yet because I want to try Shadowbane first.

Blazehawk

Hmm. I might make a character on Dark Iron, I dunno.

At any rate, the majority of my time is spent on Earthen Ring and Elune. My experience with these two servers have been quite positive thus far, as I haven't experienced any of the griefing and such. Then again, maybe it is the crowd I hang around on those places.

Darkmoon

Now that I'm paying attention, this is going into the Games forum.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Paladin Sheppard

Ignore this...

Boog

I have a few characters on dark iron, and none of my characters are allience (Pallys are just too cheap, and the little time I once spent playing allience was annoying as hell). I don't play much though.

KarmikCykle

Considering how much of my time is spent on gaming, I'm surprised with how little I care for MMORPGs.