2014/11/03 [DMFA #1527] Now she's calling him gay too.

Started by Howl, November 03, 2014, 09:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Then again I'm not sure how many people have actually called (directly or otherwise) Abel gay in the comic. I know Jyrras is hopeful or something, but still.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

Everyone's gay for Abel but the question on everyone's mind is: Is Abel gay for Jyrras? My hope is someday yes OTP for life.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Cassi-kun

Is Jyrras still crushing over Abel at this point?

Also I love how Priss's logic is basically "I'm too fabulous NOT to love!" because of course it is.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Riddle78

Y'know,I like that hat. Make it dark blue,and nix the flower,and I'd totes wear it. I'd need to get me a chainmail shirt,a breastplate,a rapier and some sabatons,though,to really pull it off. Hmm... Maybe a flachion...

Abel seems to be handling his little living party invite well,though. If I were in his shoes,I'd have kicked it a few times,by now.

LionHeart

Quote from: Jasonrevall on November 03, 2014, 02:31:01 PM
Everyone's gay for Abel but the question on everyone's mind is: Is Abel gay for Jyrras? My hope is someday yes OTP for life.
Abel's already declared himself asexual.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Brunhidden

some people are hat people, and some hats wont work for any but the most rockin of people

dawww, abel has a friiieeeennnd. thats likely whats upsetting him more is the realization he has a new special friend, the whole gay/straight thing seems to be not really important to anyone so far, nobody seems upset about it.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Merlin

Wow, he actually did go out fancy hat shopping. Good on him for not misleading that poor, fabulous warp-aci.

ZacAttac21

Are hats like that still considered "fashionable" these days? 'Cuz all they make me do is giggle.

Riddle78

Quote from: CubiKitsune on November 04, 2014, 12:18:48 AM
Are hats like that still considered "fashionable" these days? 'Cuz all they make me do is giggle.

That,sir/madam,is a VERY pimpin' hat! Just ask Lucatiel of Mirrah.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: LionHeart on November 03, 2014, 08:27:37 PM

Asexual people can still fall in love and get married. Abel could still be with Jy-jy they dont have to have sex to have a relationship.

Kajet

DrakeArron

Quote from: Jasonrevall on November 04, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

Asexual people can still fall in love and get married. Abel could still be with Jy-jy they dont have to have sex to have a relationship.
No, actually wrong. Asexual, as stated in the comic, usually means you don't experience love like other people.
It depends on the asexual. Here's a great post on it;
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2014/11/guest-post-asexual-awareness/

Personally, I'd MUCH prefer he NOT fall in love with anyone, because that would really tarnish the use of him being asexual. This group of people is already ostracised heavily, even in LGBT communities, and I'd prefer to not go back on it.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: DrakeArron on November 07, 2014, 05:13:03 PM

No, actually wrong. Asexual, as stated in the comic, usually means you don't experience love like other people.

Personally, I'd MUCH prefer he NOT fall in love with anyone, because that would really tarnish the use of him being asexual. This group of people is already ostracised heavily, even in LGBT communities, and I'd prefer to not go back on it.

No that is wrong. I have an asexual friend who has told me otherwise. Asexual is your sexuality. If you're aromantic then you don't feel the romantic desire to be with other people. You can't just paint that picture for everyone like that and speak for everyone.

You yourself need to read the post you linked. It itself says there are reasons asexual people would want to be with someone. It even mentioned that an asexual individual would be willing to have a child with a partner.

FoxFeather

Quote from: Jasonrevall on November 07, 2014, 08:43:33 PM
Quote from: DrakeArron on November 07, 2014, 05:13:03 PM

No that is wrong. I have an asexual friend who has told me otherwise. Asexual is your sexuality. If you're aromantic then you don't feel the romantic desire to be with other people. You can't just paint that picture for everyone like that and speak for everyone.

You yourself need to read the post you linked. It itself says there are reasons asexual people would want to be with someone. It even mentioned that an asexual individual would be willing to have a child with a partner.

Hello, lurker here =3

I fully agree with Jason. I am myself an Asexual with STRONG romantic desires and connections. I cannot imagine my life being single, I need someone to share my life with, to rejoice in the good and help in the bad. But I ALSO cannot imagine my life with a "full" sex life. Without going into to much detail, let's just say the propect is downright HORRIFYING for me. We each live our life, including our own sexuality(or lack thereof), in our own, personal way. Let's not try to put each other in more boxes than we need to

Brunhidden

okay, sigh, apparently i would have to copy paste my response to the other thread directly demanding amber to reassess this.

ill just copy the infographic i included

also the terms 'asexual' and 'aromantic' are not the same thing, many things can overlap to some extent and more importantly you are assuming you -know- yourself, which considering all of life is discovery is also closed minded
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sunblink

If I were a Cubi, I hope my Warp-Aci would be as amazing/fabulous as Priss.