2014/10/24 [DMFA #1526] Six Chicks

Started by ZacAttac21, October 24, 2014, 03:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

And in the next comic, we get to see Jyrras go crazy from the wait!

...Man, Biggs would have a field day with Jyrras's sisters...

Goldstrike

Indeed.

Wait! Jyrras has a blind sister? When was this a thing?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: CubiKitsune on October 24, 2014, 03:47:48 AM
...Man, Biggs would have a field day with Jyrras's sisters...

I think you'll find they'd have a field day with him.

Also, bonus points to Ambaaargh for the TPB ref. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Teroniss

Who is the blind sister? I dont remember her from when they introduced Jy's family here
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_331.php

MT Hazard

Quote from: Goldstrike on October 24, 2014, 04:33:05 AM
Indeed.

Wait! Jyrras has a blind sister? When was this a thing?

It was suggested way back in Strip 351 but later confirmed by Amber. The name of each sister and which was blind remained unclear for some time. Their entry on the wiki is in need of an update.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Dishonored

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 24, 2014, 05:39:52 AM

Agreed! It's good to see that I'm not the only one to catch the reference.

...Should have known Llearch would beat me to it, though.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Form_Goblin

Quote from: Teroniss on October 24, 2014, 09:22:25 AM
Who is the blind sister? I dont remember her from when they introduced Jy's family here

Not positive, but I'm guessing that Jayna is the blind sister.

Here, we see the only orange haired sister out of the six playing with his glasses

Here he mentions Jayna stealing his glasses.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_348.php

And today's comic, out of the five sisters that we see, the blind girl has orange hair.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1526.php

Naldru

Actually, I was wondering if Jyrras had provided Jayna with some sort of sonar cane that would aid her in navigating.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Dishonored on October 24, 2014, 02:37:04 PM

Sometimes I hate living under a rock. What's "TPB"?

Naldru

Quote from: CubiKitsune on October 26, 2014, 12:09:39 AM
Sometimes I hate living under a rock. What's "TPB"?
The Princess Bride

Don't feel bad.  My first thought was Trade Paperback, and I was utterly confused.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Brunhidden

now i have to wonder how many of the regulars around here have ever had a kid, or been present for the event

more technical problems, at moms advanced age there are drastically escalating chances of birth defects, but on the plus side after having that many kids they likely just roll out
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Aisha deCabre

Probably doesn't work in this world, but kangaroos and other marsupials have babies that are so tiny that they're practically still fetuses.  They grow further in the pouch.

Which would make it easy at any age to have babies, come to think of it. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dishonored on October 24, 2014, 02:37:04 PM

It's really a blindingly obvious reference, though. I mean, if she'd thrown in someone saying "It's been twenty years, I'm starting to lose confidence.", that would be subtle. Or "You did something right." "Don't worry, I won't let it go to my head"

Or even "nah, it's a kissing part. You don't want to hear about that."

Dishonored

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 27, 2014, 11:10:53 AM
It's really a blindingly obvious reference, though. I mean, if she'd thrown in someone saying "It's been twenty years, I'm starting to lose confidence.", that would be subtle. Or "You did something right." "Don't worry, I won't let it go to my head"

True, but you'd be surprised how many people haven't heard of it anymore. It has been over twenty years now.

But we lose the topic at hand, so I'll be quiet. *chuckles*
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Zebra Bug

I love the Princess Bride. It is such a classic. At least nobody is mostly dead.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dishonored on October 27, 2014, 02:46:18 PM
True, but you'd be surprised how many people haven't heard of it anymore. It has been over twenty years now.

I feel sorry for them, I do. ;-]

Yes, I suspect we do, a little. >.> I should probably shush, too. ;-]

Naldru

I recognized the paraphrasing of the quote from "The Princess Bride".  I just didn't recognize the TPB acronym.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 27, 2014, 11:10:53 AM

I've heard of it, but never watched it. When I was a child, my parents were overprotective. Something about "magic is evil"...

Merlin

Quote from: Naldru on October 27, 2014, 08:27:26 PM
I recognized the paraphrasing of the quote from "The Princess Bride".  I just didn't recognize the TPB acronym.

Yeah, 'TPB' makes me think 'Trailer Park Boys'. Which we could also use more of, but while extremely Canadian, might be less appropriate :P

Sofox

Sometimes TLAs can get very confusing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Naldru

ETLA can  be especially confusing for Finns.  I also remember a discussion as to whether TLA's included two letter acronyms as well as three letter acronyms. There was an article which used the TLA CIA for three different organizations (Computer Industries Association, Central Intelligence Agency, and I can't remember the third) without indicating which use of the acronym was intended in each location.  The article was very confusing.  And don't forget the fact that TLA is a TLA while GNU is a recursive TLA.

Tuyu

Quote from: Naldru on October 28, 2014, 08:09:04 PM
There was an article which used the TLA CIA for three different organizations (Computer Industries Association, Central Intelligence Agency, and I can't remember the third) without indicating which use of the acronym was intended in each location.
Culinary Institute of America, most likely.

There used to be a show on PBS called Cooking Secrets of the CIA...

Delian Williams

Belated thoughts on The Princess Bride, just for the record. There have been multiple quotes from this movie on DMFA:

• In strip #287 there's "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."
  • The title of #1260 contains Vizzini's last words: "[...] never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line."
  • This one (#1526 "Have fun storming [... all the way to] bye!")
  • Oh... does Jyrras count as a ROUS? (Rodent of unusual size)

Edit: Sorry guys, I messed it up... I didn't think commenting here would move the topic to the top.

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.