2014/08/25 [DMFA #1510] You have to look at things from the right perspective.

Started by VAE, August 25, 2014, 04:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Biggs has got the right idea here. Revenge is a bad idea if it's working off hunches and rumours, or targets those who hasn't done anything. But in this case, it's quite the opposite. What can I say, I suddenly like him a whole lot more.

But back to the comic at hand. I'd be almost curious if Wildy is trying to conceal other motives by all that morality talk... but she's the one who found out where Regina is, and came to Biggs with it. Eh. I guess it can be ascribed to the emotional baggage that is natural to, well, investigating the murder of one's parent.

As a sidenote  - yeah, nope. Anyone who can't distinguish between the opinions of an author and a character in their work is not really worthwhile trying to pander to (unless the author is one of those failures whose characters are either strawmen or poorly disguised mouthpieces for themselves, which Ambargh absolutely isn't).
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

D'ymkarra

Quote from: VAE on August 25, 2014, 04:07:59 AM
As a sidenote  - yeah, nope. Anyone who can't distinguish between the opinions of an author and a character in their work is not really worthwhile trying to pander to (unless the author is one of those failures whose characters are either strawmen or poorly disguised mouthpieces for themselves, which Ambargh absolutely isn't).

Absolutely agreed; Anyone who would assume this of Mab hasn't been reading long enough..
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Sofox

You mean... she doesn't actually believe that the world should be ruled by those with enough power to take command by force?

lemurvid

Quote from: Sofox on August 25, 2014, 08:25:55 AM
You mean... she doesn't actually believe that the world should be ruled by those with enough power to take command by force?
I for one am very disillusioned.

Jasonrevall

This reminds me of the conversation many of us had here about Abel and his father and revenge. I'm really liking this character development of Wildy pondering the consequences of what they're doing.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Alondro

Quote from: Sofox on August 25, 2014, 08:25:55 AM

*Charline grins*  Isn't that how the world ends up working regardless?

The question you must ask is, do you want those with the most power to be benevolent toward their subjects; or callous, indifferent, and/or outright cruel?

(hint:  do not elect Charline.)   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zebra Bug

Well, from a certain point of view...revenge and justice are interchangeable. *beat* Not my point of view of course.   :P But Biggs does have a point, justice and revenge are very different. I don't agree with his...explanation of the differences though. In my opinion, revenge is simply getting back at someone for harm done to oneself, and may or may not be reciprocal. Justice is doing what is right, such as taking the guy who wronged you to court rather than torturing him. But in this world....would catching Regina and taking her to court even accomplish anything at all? We know that Jyrras's mum is a Lawyer, so they do have courts I assume, but how do they work being against creature?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Eboreg

Quote from: Zebra Bug on August 25, 2014, 05:11:22 PM
But in this world....would catching Regina and taking her to court even accomplish anything at all?

The short answer is no. Each species in Furrae is judged by members of their own species leading to points where Demons going on a killing spree will just end up paying a small fine. This is the reason that adventurers even exist, justice by other means.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on August 25, 2014, 07:31:25 PM
The short answer is no. Each species in Furrae is judged by members of their own species leading to points where Demons going on a killing spree will just end up paying a small fine. This is the reason that adventurers even exist, justice by other means.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_287.php

It's quite possible that this is what happened when Regina was taken to court - Kria seems to be acting as her guardian so it is likely she'd have appeared on Regina's behalf.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 25, 2014, 08:00:21 PM
Quote from: Eboreg on August 25, 2014, 07:31:25 PM

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_287.php

It's quite possible that this is what happened when Regina was taken to court - Kria seems to be acting as her guardian so it is likely she'd have appeared on Regina's behalf.

Remember that she wishes that Lorenda would go on wild killing sprees with her. So murdering random beings for no reason would only make Kria proud, most likely.