[Art, Acting] StarRunner's Art Bin (Redesigning StarRunner)

Started by James StarRunner, July 24, 2006, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Just hope no one makes pen missle rockets back of your soft head to keep you awake

Supercheese

Hm, lots of neat stuffs in this thread!

*looks at the last picture posted*

If that was colored, it would have 99% cuteness lethality...

xHaZxMaTx

No, why'd you say that? :mad

I have to resist the urge to color!

Supercheese

Actually, I was going to request the pic in your thread, since you said you'd color...

...so, go for it?

xHaZxMaTx

bill

Incidentally, this is the 4000th post in this section. Carry on.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Supercheese on October 02, 2006, 09:04:40 PM
Actually, I was going to request the pic in your thread, since you said you'd color...
...so, go for it?

Meep.  Whatever will Amber think when this little doodad crops up in full-colour form?  :erk
Anyway, I've got a full-res scan at home if anyone wants it.

I'm sorry James - this thread has all gone to pot and it's my fault!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Noooo! I don't want any pot in my thread!  :U (Ya, too lazy to get my emotes while at school) *goes back to his assignments*

Aridas

*throws a stewpot at James* you'll GET your pot and you'll LIKE IT.

xHaZxMaTx

"Where'd you get the money to pay for all this?"
"Selling pot...

...holders...

...made of hemp."

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2006, 03:56:00 AM
Quote from: Supercheese on October 02, 2006, 09:04:40 PM
...so, go for it?

Meep.  Whatever will Amber think when this little doodad crops up in full-colour form?  :erk
Anyway, I've got a full-res scan at home if anyone wants it.

I'm sorry James - this thread has all gone to pot and it's my fault!

Thankfully I'm shameless and care little of Amber's opinion.  I would have no problems coloring the chibi dan picture for practice purposes. (it is Daniel right, not some mow that accidentaly stubled on a Daniel patch)

And the picture of the girl holding toast was good also, although the wings remind me of those prehistoric screensavers of flying toasters.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Flying toasters want my soul still... <.<

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 03, 2006, 06:32:17 PM
And the picture of the girl holding toast was good also, although the wings remind me of those prehistoric screensavers of flying toasters.

~o/ Flying out of the sun
The smell of toast is in the air
When there's a job to be done
The Flying Toasters will be there!

And it's flap! flap! flap!
Now help is on the way
This vict'ry song they sing
We pop up to save the day
On mighty toaster wings!

In brightest day or After Dark
When times of trouble are at hand
The Flying Toasters set a spark
And hope is blazing 'cross the land!

And it's flap! flap! flap!
Salvation from above
A precious gift they bring
Gleaming angels of love
On migh-ty toast-er wiiiiings! /o~
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Zedd

Its time for you to laugh Mr White...*gets out a feather and smirks*

Tapewolf

Yerk, it's getting worse.  James, post one of the cover prototypes or something before the thread loses it completely!
(Remember what happened to Taski's thread on The Nice..)

Aridas

See, this is why I don't like this forum. You can't go 3 seconds without someone posting something irrelevant, or taking over a thread.

James StarRunner

Ack!

*Poof!*

And at least page 3 has something related to art now. A concept sketch of a warrior to be appearing on Tapewolf's album cover.

...version 5. :P

Zedd

Supercheese

Ohnoes, art! Whatever shall we do?   :U

*Ahem*
Quote from: Zedd on October 03, 2006, 09:22:55 PM
My gods...He's cool

Indeed. Fitting for an album cover, unless it's filled with slow ballads... it's more of an action-ish image for action-ish music.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Supercheese on October 04, 2006, 07:11:58 PM
Fitting for an album cover, unless it's filled with slow ballads... it's more of an action-ish image for action-ish music.

The imagery is taken from "Quest for the Sacred Jaguar", a 13-minute epic type thing.  The man is most likely going to be kneeling before the beast on the steps of a Mayan temple.
It can be found at http://www.dougtheeagle.com - with the original cover.

**EDIT**
Oh yeah, to preempt any thread hijacking, comments about the album itself should go to this thread rather than James' art thread.

Jack McSlay

version 5? sounds like you're undecided  :U

but coudn't he use more armor? or less armor?

I think it's kinda pointless to wear a piece of armor that sums up to only a chestplate
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

James StarRunner

He's got a fine chain vest underneath his tunic. Although it looks like a shirt right now, you can still kind of see it poking out a bit.

QuoteMy gods...He's cool
Would I ever draw anything that isn't cool?

*remembers his Shamus O'Riley pic*

Err... nevermind.

Tapewolf

Posting this is kind of bending the rules, but it's effectively a collaboration with James, so...

"Silhouette must 'ave done zis!"

James drew this, it's a work-in-progress for the inside artwork on one of my CDs.  I've converted the pencil sketch into a silhouette, which was my original idea.  James however has been putting more and more detail into the picture, and since it is turning out so well, I can see I'm going to have to use the full-colour version too.

I may use this version on the second disk and the full version on the third one, since both CDs have songs about the same character..

James StarRunner

Wow, the Silhouette looks better than I thought it would have despite it eating up all those details!

xHaZxMaTx

Ow, the non-anti-aliasing-ness is making my eyes bleed.  It looks good apart frmo that, though. :cool

Tapewolf

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 05, 2006, 06:42:34 PM
Ow, the non-anti-aliasing-ness is making my eyes bleed.  It looks good apart from that, though. :cool

Actually it has been antialiased - the first one was much worse.  I've run a simple 2x blur - gaussian caused it to have a fuzzy outline which is dead wrong - shadows are crisp.  Also, redrawing all the edges to be straight makes it look wrong too since the clothes are made from cloth - I kind of like the ragged look.
However, unlike Autodesk Animator (1988) Gimp doesn't seem to have an 'unzag' filter which is what I really want - something to only antialias the corners and not fuzz out straight lines.

Zedd

James StarRunner

An old... old character of mine finally redone, getting the fame he deserves. He'll actually be in an upcomming web-comic
featuring multiple artists (though I'm the only one from DMFA). The first strip should be done sometime before Halloween, then I could post the link to it and everything.

Jaesguamarj, the slave liberator

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40961623/
(bigger version)

Kitome Feathertail

I like it, two thumbs...err wait I don't any thumbs, hmmm...well regardless of my thumblessness it's still good.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Kitome Feathertail on October 06, 2006, 02:08:40 PM
I like it, two thumbs...err wait I don't any thumbs, hmmm...well regardless of my thumblessness it's still good.
Well... maybe it's six paws up.

Thanks! And welcome back!